Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the locations I have on my map so far - if there are any others that can be substantiated with a link please reply with the link. TIA. Link to case map

Work location of housemates (Ames, IA)
Dogsitting location (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Company offering reward (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Work location of boyfriend (Dubuque, IA)
Mollie's college (Iowa City, IA)
Mollie's summer job (Grinnell, IA)
Hog farm searched (Guernsey, IA)

I can't open that case map.. is there a trick to it?

Under our house rules, we don't make random accusations against those who have not been designated as suspects or POIs.

I am usually an easy going person but members on this thread are pushing me to my limit. Time outs and warnings have been issued and it looks like more are forthcoming.

If I don't get to posts fast enough it is because I am struggling with tech issues and being kicked off at times.

I have a question. Is the picture of her writing that pans back to the TV what they're basing that she was doing homework on? If so, in my opinion, whatever she was writing on was not the appropriate size to be a composition book for homework. That looks more like a journal to me. Also, the dogs are not Labs. They are mixed breed dogs. They may be pit x hound mix or hound x lab mixes, etc. But they definitely are not purebred Labs. My guess is they are rescues, which tend to have more anxiety issues, hence why they're put away when no one is home. JMHO

Family members told KCCI on Saturday that evidence shows she was doing homework on her computer...

New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

Update 4:25 p.m. July 29, 2018: At this time, police have not found any evidence that she returned home from that jog despite reports from the media claiming she did. The family believes she returned home from the jog but police have not confirmed what the family is saying. The police state "She was last seen on July 18 at approximately 7:30 PM while running the city streets of Brooklyn."Poweshiek County Missing Person Update They do not state "She was at home doing homework on her computer when she went missing." Understandably, the family is going through a lot and may have gotten some details mixed up. Like the family originally said she was seen jogging at 5:15 pm we later found out it was actually 7:30 pm. They also said she sent a snapchat at 10 pm and we later found out it wasn't sent at 10 pm it was opened at 10 pm and no one knows what time it was actually sent because once you view the snapchat it disappears forever and since the boyfriend did not know she was missing when he opened it he paid no attention to the time she sent it. Pray for Mollie and her family and keep sharing until she is found.

Facebook post: Locate The Missing

Attachments

• mt.png
    mt.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DjOapVyUwAEzW4P.jpg
    DjOapVyUwAEzW4P.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DjOaq1FUYAAn-iR.jpg
    DjOaq1FUYAAn-iR.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DjOaqkaVAAAy0Jb.jpg
    DjOaqkaVAAAy0Jb.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 34
  • DjOaqv3U4AA7zBl.jpg
    DjOaqv3U4AA7zBl.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 30
good thought- if she was only making notes for later, and/or that school requires data about the internship. My 3rd son is in the middle of his 4th intership right now- no " homework" or data needed.

I looked; UI has 4 types of internships- bottom of this page ------ Internships | Pomerantz Career Center
Thanks for link -- what a brilliant program, good on them!
I recall an earlier news report where the current day camp director stated that Mollie had worked at this camp for at least two summers. However, it was not clear to me if this was an Internship.

I totally agree. No firm conclusions can be made about this. The bf was extremely tired after a long day of work, and fell asleep right after seeing the picture. There might not have been any reason for him to register where "inside" she was, only that he remembered she was inside. No need to make anything more of this than that.

I thought that photos had metadata that contains a geolocator which identifies latitude and longitude. Could that be available to LE to identify the Snapshot photo location? In addition to an IP address for her homework upload, the neighbour witness walking location at 7.30 p.m. and the phone and Fitbit data, LE should have a lot of information IMO.

I keep seeing people mention "if only we knew X" or "why aren't LE telling us X" - not only do I think LE are obviously trying to keep some things quiet, but it's also completely possible that LE knows that those aren't relevant details that would lead them to any conclusions. I feel 100% certain that LE knows how Mollie planned to get to work on Thursday. I feel 100% certain that it's not a matter of "wait, did anyone think to ask this question?!" It's been a week and a half. LE has certainly asked and gotten satisfactory answers to the questions that are this obvious. If they're not publicizing those answers, I feel like it's either because they actively don't want the public to know or know that it isn't relevant to figuring out what's happened to Mollie.

Beg to differ. So, what you're saying is, "the cops have all the answers, why are we discussing this". Well, I disagree. Think about all of us on this forum, the combined power of our minds and intellects. Never underestimate the power of the human mind, especially when it is combined with others who seek the truth. Who is to say we don't bring new insights to problem? Remember, there are only so many detectives assigned to each case, and they have other cases to solve too.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

bbm

College.
Work.
First apartment.
Dominican Republic.

How does MT handle pressure? It wouldn't be the first time someone became overwhelmed with life events and decided they could no longer deal with it (just throwing this out there).

If MT was not pressured, not stressed, just going along as normal then what of those around her (just throwing this out there as well)? Jealousy?

Going beyond that, what about the "apartment". Where is it? For how long is the lease? Just MT, or was she to have an apartment-mate/is someone already occupying the apartment?

LE searched a "hog farm" 15 minutes from Brooklyn (near Guernsey). I believe the farm is farther from Brooklyn than what a typical late-afternoon/evening jog would accommodate given an assumed timeline includes for MT returning home before 'dark'.

It was reported nothing was found at the farm. This leads me to believe MT's phone ping/Fitbit data placed the phone at/near the farm, which implies transportation.

I'm beginning to believe MT will not be found in the general local area; at least, not during the first round of searches.
Law enforcement was quoted as saying that tips led them to search the farms - there were two searched in the same area.

The search on the hog farms were based on tips called in to LE

They just said "tips" but didn't go into detail. The searches came the same day they said they got data from the fitbit and other SM back. Id be surprised if they put that much manpower into it just because of a tip.

<modsnip: no MSM/LE link to substantiate>

Last edited by a moderator:
What occurs at that electric co-op next door to where Mollie disappears? It has 3 huge parking areas and it's a large building. What hours are they open? Do a bunch of electrical subcontractors hang out there waiting for assignments? There are photos of this building with 35 trucks and cars. Are those permanent employees?
View attachment 140262

I asked about that earlier. I also mentioned anybody working there might take breaks and eat lunches outside with full view of comings and goings at the house. Strange out in the middle nowhere.

I was just reading this and wanted to share. Perhaps they don't have much of anything. Sad for sure.

"There's really no clues," Laura Calderwood, Tibbetts' mother, told "Good Morning America" in an exclusive interview on Friday. "There's a DCI agent who said she's been in the business for 23 years and only one other case where she had so few leads. So I really can't speculate. I'm just hoping for the best."

Update 4:25 p.m. July 29, 2018: At this time, police have not found any evidence that she returned home from that jog despite reports from the media claiming she did. The family believes she returned home from the jog but police have not confirmed what the family is saying. The police state "She was last seen on July 18 at approximately 7:30 PM while running the city streets of Brooklyn."Poweshiek County Missing Person Update They do not state "She was at home doing homework on her computer when she went missing." Understandably, the family is going through a lot and may have gotten some details mixed up. Like the family originally said she was seen jogging at 5:15 pm we later found out it was actually 7:30 pm. They also said she sent a snapchat at 10 pm and we later found out it wasn't sent at 10 pm it was opened at 10 pm and no one knows what time it was actually sent because once you view the snapchat it disappears forever and since the boyfriend did not know she was missing when he opened it he paid no attention to the time she sent it. Pray for Mollie and her family and keep sharing until she is found.

Facebook post: Locate The Missing
im confused because are there not reports she was dropped off at the boyfriends at 530

O/T just once more!

"Brots" makes the short o sound, like "Ah! I found it!" while "brawts" would sound like "Aww, isn't that sweet?" I was raised in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, the bratwurst capital of the world and home of Johnsonville Brats.

I agree, that's how I say it too, from the Eastern side of WI must be a lake effect accent! :p:D

We certainly have a lot of Wisconsinites who moved South on this board!

I used to always sing "Ernie Von Schledorn" under my breath if I thought i heard a WI accent - Lol

Please invite the search and rescue experts on Webseluths to this thread. In other missing women cases there were volunteer searches going on for many weeks. What's different about this case?
I think what's different about this case is that LE (local police, sheriff, state crime bureau, and 15 FBI agents) is doing the searching, constantly, and they don't think organized, volunteer/public searches are worthwhile because they don't know where she went or how (if they knew she left on foot or during her run or in a car or on a bike, there could be some focus to public searching in the areas she was known to have gone). Also, there was a massive volunteer search at the beginning that LE called off because so many people showed up, they said they weren't able to find people at home to interview at the outset of the process, with the interviews potentially providing key leads/clues on where she went and how. I think LE felt and still feels that the search "field" is too wide open of a scope for searching by public, and they are focused on their team of professionals doing the searching based on clues/leads they should not share with the public.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member