Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard anything about cameras? The electric co-op would be a place that might have them. The high school between her and her mother might have cameras, also.

Pictures and timings from either of those places would answer a lot of questions--IF they existed.

I have a question. Is the picture of her writing that pans back to the TV what they're basing that she was doing homework on? If so, in my opinion, whatever she was writing on was not the appropriate size to be a composition book for homework. That looks more like a journal to me. Also, the dogs are not Labs. They are mixed breed dogs. They may be pit x hound mix or hound x lab mixes, etc. But they definitely are not purebred Labs. My guess is they are rescues, which tend to have more anxiety issues, hence why they're put away when no one is home. JMHO
I read on thread #1 or 2 that Mollie's boyfriend's dogs were rescues.

I used Snapchat a ton, which is why I ended up deleting it two years ago for good; too distracting.

I may be wrong but I recall there being a feature you can see the pic/message AGAIN even if you already viewed it once? Might have just been temporary.

Any active, experienced Snapchat users that can confirm this?

Also, is it possible to still retrieve the pic/msg via the Snapchat company? Felt like I read a story or two about this happening. I may be very wrong though

YES. There was a recent case I followed here, with the two young girls followed on the bridge, and found dead on a river bank. I do remember clearly that the detectives worked with snapchat, in order to retrieve important snaps that had been sent, right before their abduction.

Maybe she stepped out from the house for a cigarette and got snatched somehow??
I sure hope and pray she is found alive

Have we heard anything about cameras? The electric co-op would be a place that might have them. The high school between her and her mother might have cameras, also.

Pictures and timings from either of those places would answer a lot of questions--IF they existed.

They are checking cameras.

“We’re checking gas stations and convenience stores and any location with easy access to a highway or the interstate,” he said. “We’re asking questions and collecting surveillance footage and check it to see if Mollie was caught on camera or if there was someone in the area acting suspicious.”

Investigators turn to social media accounts and GPS data in Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance

bbm

It's been a long while since I've logged into WS. Haven't been here since the McStay case. Mollie's case caught my attention due to her ties to Northern California. After reviewing her latest instagram post, I can't shake the feeling that someone desperately wanted to be in her inner circle. Wanted her to pay attention to them, most likely in a romantic way. Probably felt a strong connection to her but that connection was not reciprocated. I won't mention names but one particular post stands out for me. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud here.

Praying for Mollie's safe journey home to her family and loved ones.

Am I reading too much in to it or does MT appear not-so-happy or at least 'less cheerful' in her most-recent selfie photo posted on her Instagram? Compare that photo to all the other photos posted... it is different than the rest (except for maybe one older photo).

Update 4:25 p.m. July 29, 2018: At this time, police have not found any evidence that she returned home from that jog despite reports from the media claiming she did. The family believes she returned home from the jog but police have not confirmed what the family is saying. The police state "She was last seen on July 18 at approximately 7:30 PM while running the city streets of Brooklyn."Poweshiek County Missing Person Update They do not state "She was at home doing homework on her computer when she went missing." Understandably, the family is going through a lot and may have gotten some details mixed up. Like the family originally said she was seen jogging at 5:15 pm we later found out it was actually 7:30 pm. They also said she sent a snapchat at 10 pm and we later found out it wasn't sent at 10 pm it was opened at 10 pm and no one knows what time it was actually sent because once you view the snapchat it disappears forever and since the boyfriend did not know she was missing when he opened it he paid no attention to the time she sent it. Pray for Mollie and her family and keep sharing until she is found.

Facebook post: Locate The Missing

Wow so the police won’t confirm that she returned from her jog and also won’t confirm that she was on her computer doing homework that evening?

In one MSM video last Friday the sheriff was interviewed and said they were looking into/seeking out locations of any video cameras that were installed, and said including on stores in town or people's homes, and maybe? dash cams.

Did the sheriff ever arrest the person who burglarized the home 4 blocks away from Mollie's boyfriend's house? This occurred two days before Mollie disappeared.

Go to the Sheriff's FB page for verification.
This makes sense to me. Remember she did not have a car, so it would appear no one was home. People don't wear contacts or glasses while they are sleeping. It could have made things worse if she woke up and recognized the burglar.

In one MSM video last Friday the sheriff was interviewed and said they were looking into/seeking out locations of any video cameras that were installed, and said including on stores in town or people's homes, and maybe? dash cams.
Having a dash cam is popular with young people in my area. My future DIL has one because she says she sees crazy stuff all the time on her way to work. She shows the video to her friends. My nephew has one on his truck and he recently recorded a scary arrest on a highway where there were dozens of state police arresting a guy. He posted to his FB page. The common title is "So This Just Happened".

They just said "tips" but didn't go into detail. The searches came the same day they said they got data from the fitbit and other SM back. Id be surprised if they put that much manpower into it just because of a tip.

<modsnip: no MSM/LE link to substantiate>

July 27th info. Second Hog Farm Searched Guernsey

Following a lead, investigators have descended upon the farm near the town of Guernsey, about 15 minutes from Tibbetts’ hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa, which is itself about 70 miles from Des Moines.

Meanwhile, police are also hoping Mollie’s personal fitness device – her Fitbit – will give investigators some information as to her whereabouts. She had gone for a jog when she disappeared, and she almost certainly would have worn the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea