Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A question that's been nagging me and perhaps some of you who are keeping better track of the news reports will know the answer. LE hasn't said there were signs of struggle, but they haven't said there aren't signs of struggle either. Right? In other words, do we know if there are signs of struggle in the house??

jmo
That’s the thing. Not much was really said.

Since it sounds like she was up late, I wonder if she overslept that morning?

I'm thinking about a "helpful" neighbor. Notices Mollie trying to rush the dogs out to potty, maybe Mollie comments about running behind or oversleeping and not having a vehicle. Neighbor offers to take her to work and she accepts. She may have known the neighbor well enough to feel comfortable with riding with him or went against her better judgement so she wasn't late/later to work.

It would allow for the dogs to be taken out then put in the basement, no signs of a struggle, explain why her work shirt wasn't home. But because I haven't the foggiest idea about anything else, I don't know if it works with everything that's known. It does seem like someone in the neighborhood would have seen her taking the dogs out in the morning, but I suppose she might take them into the backyard or somewhere not so visible or no one noticed her because people are off in their own little worlds/suffering morning fog.
I think she would have grabbed either her glasses or contacts if that were the case. I never go anywhere without my ID, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't. MOO

Perhaps she woke up, let the dogs out and then put them up in basement, and headed towards her mom's house to get the car and drive herself to work. Maybe whatever happened to her did take place while walking to her mom's house... but maybe it happened Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night. Maybe her brother sent that text (asking if she needed to be picked up for work) because he'd been expecting her to walk over to pickup the car that morning but she hadn't shown up yet.

My only problem with this theory is why wouldn't she be wearing her contacts or glasses and why wouldn't she have taken a purse or wallet with her. I keep wondering about the mention of her contacts. How do they know for sure that she wasn't just wearing a new pair? The fact that they specifically mentioned the contacts and glasses also leads me to believe they likely suspect that she was taken from the house.

Don't mind me; I'm just spitballing ideas here.

I'm sure the investigators know who may have been giving her regular rides into work. Checking them out seems like pretty standard operating procedures in a missing persons case.

I agree--but I feel suspicious of this unnamed person. Why wouldn't he be on the timeline saying: "I stopped by the house, leaned on the horn and waited, tried texting her, and finally decided she'd gotten a ride with someone else."

As I said elsewhere, a plausible explanation would be that they were on a "I'll call you if I need a ride" basis. But that idea points back toward the break from normality taking place on the previous evening.

I agree--but I feel suspicious of this unnamed person. Why wouldn't he be on the timeline saying: "I stopped by the house, leaned on the horn and waited, tried texting her, and finally decided she'd gotten a ride with someone else."

I'm not sure why they would name them. If she was in the shower, she's not going to hear the horn or see any texts, so she could have been home or not home when the driver was there. If the police have checked them out and decided there's no "there" there, there's no point in putting out their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion