Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO only! I get the feeling that people weren’t exactly falling over themselves to offer her rides. Maybe it was a point of contention to be sharing the car and needing family to drive her everywhere.

Maybe she decided she felt like a burden and was going to walk to work even though it was far. If she decided to walk she would have to leave very very early while still dark. Maybe someone snatched her on her way.
i dont know how far her work is and there is a possibility she was going to get a ride and meet them at the fair too

IMO only! I get the feeling that people weren’t exactly falling over themselves to offer her rides. Maybe it was a point of contention to be sharing the car and needing family to drive her everywhere.

Maybe she decided she felt like a burden and was going to walk to work even though it was far. If she decided to walk she would have to leave very very early while still dark. Maybe someone snatched her on her way.

15 miles? Maybe if she had a bicycle...but we haven't heard any mention of one--and the weather that morning was seriously nasty--from what I've heard here, anyway.

MISSING: Search ongoing for 20-year-old UI Student

MISSING PERSON. 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts is missing. Last seen on 7/19/18 possibly wearing denim shorts and a red t shirt. Last seen in Brooklyn. If you have any information please call 641 623-5679.
View attachment 140182

Poweshiek County Emergency Management Agency

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Hi, new here to Mollie’s Thread, is there a case map yet? I checked but did not see one in post 1. Tia!

ETA: Just seeing this, maybe we can add to post 1?

A no discussion maps, media and timeline thread has been created for Mollie's case. Feel free to update that thread.

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

You know, I don’t think it’s strange that nobody contacted her to ask her if she needed a ride. She is 19 and should be able to arrange her own ride. When my sister had her car in the shop for a week I didn’t contact her to see if she needed rides. I let her know i’d give her rides, but the onus was on her to ask. If Mollie needed a ride she should have asked her brother or mom.

Admin note:
I keep seeing posts stepping on the line of one of Websleuths' fundamental rules.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

The family and boyfriend have been cleared. Yet post after post insinuates some nefarious involvement in indirect ways and veiled inferences.

Continuing to post in this fashion will result in warning points being issued and may result in the loss of posting privileges.

You know, I don’t think it’s strange that nobody contacted her to ask her if she needed a ride. She is 19 and should be able to arrange her own ride. When my sister had her car in the shop for a week I didn’t contact her to see if she needed rides. I let her know i’d give her rides, but the onus was on her to ask. If Mollie needed a ride she should have asked her brother or mom.
Uber or Lyft?

Most dog lovers would never keep their beloved dogs in the basement. They always have them right beside them. I wonder if Molly was a lover of dogs or if she didn't really care for them and was just doing BF a favor in taking care of them. It even seems strange that a lover of dogs would put them in the basement while they leave the house for a while. Seems you would let them out then lock up and leave them be. If they were puppies or misbehaving they have a cage some owners will contain them in while they are left alone. Just seems so strange to me the dogs were in the basement.
I'm a cat person. Dogs are ok and I love OTHER people's dogs, but the slobber, heavy breathing, jumping on you with nails, I'm not a fan. Especially if they're super needy. I love cat's independence in that respect. If she had them in the basement, it may be because they're used to sleeping with their owners and she didn't like that or that was the owner's routine.
Late evening, huh? Lol can they get any more ambiguous? This could mean anywhere from 8-12. This doesn't convince me she made it back. I think jogging she was "low hanging fruit" but if this goes to the house we're looking at a stalker/targeted attack. On SM people can overshare on their whereabouts. "Oh we're going on vacation for a week!" (That's the call for burglars+tweakers everywhere)

Posted by Purplepixie on p.30 #595 on previous thread:

Could I ask a favour please?

Per WS rules, when posting links to MSM sites we're allowed to copy-paste a brief portion of the article. Could we start doing that again for Mollie's case (& others)? Just the most relevant bits/a synopsis would be most helpful.

Because of the new GDPR rules, and because I am not using a VPN, I can't access most of the links being posted, as I'm in the UK, but would like to read everything I can.
The best way members can help overseas members in this situation is to not only attach the link but quote the most relevant portions of articles in your post. We don't have this problem with articles in Oz but some videos are unavailable.

Why is how she usually got to work being kept such a mystery? There must be a reason for that.

Also, I know several people who keep their dogs in the basement during the day while they’re at work. The dogs can roam around, sleep in their beds down there, have food & water available, bones & toys, etc. IMO, it’s nicer than being stuck in a crate all day.

Now, they only put the dogs in the basement when they’re about to leave for the day, so Molly’s dogsitting dogs being in the basement seems to indicate she put them down there to leave. I doubt she would leave them down there to sleep alone, jmho. So, she’s ready for work, puts the dogs downstairs, &...what?

The new detail about Mollie being up doing homework late into the evening certainly changes things up and your post below GG explains how this makes logical sense. So who was supposed to take Mollie to work??
In an earlier thread I explained how my daughters and myself share a vehicle and it is difficult! Hearing about the lack of organization and communication going on and not being released regarding the back and forth to work and the brothers strange text just caused me some real confusion. I think they are close to finding Mollie. I'm praying she is safe!

Mollie returned from running and was up late Wed. night doing homework.
Dogs were found in basement.
Mollie likely was wearing the red work shirt to go to work since it's missing.
Mollie had her phone and fitbit with her.

She was preparing to go to work.

Who was supposed to take Mollie to work Thursday morning? Why didn't they call her mom, the hospital day camp, her boyfriend, or friends and tell them Mollie wasn't at home when they came to take her to work?

Mollie returned from running and was up late Wed. night doing homework.
Dogs were found in basement.
Mollie likely was wearing the red work shirt to go to work since it's missing.
Mollie had her phone and fitbit with her.

She was preparing to go to work.

Who was supposed to take Mollie to work Thursday morning? Why didn't they call her mom, the hospital day camp, her boyfriend, or friends and tell them Mollie wasn't at home when they came to take her to work?

"My son, Scott, he gave me a call about 5:15 p.m. saying, 'Mom, did you know Mollie didn't go to work?' At which point I said, 'I will be right home," Calderwood said."

Mollie Tibbetts' mom: 'You won't see me giving up hope'

IIRC the boyfriend was alerted by a coworker before noon. Maybe they held off telling mom until they knew she was really missing. idk, it seems they would have called mom right away.

Uber or Lyft?
There doesn’t seem to be ride sharing like this there. I’m also not seeing public transportation as an option.

Mapping from the house to work, I get 23 minutes driving and more than an hour by bike. Also the weather was bad Thursday morning.

Attachments

• D3CC8E85-8901-4A91-A2B6-C1FD56616285.jpeg
    D3CC8E85-8901-4A91-A2B6-C1FD56616285.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 11

I don't think it's strange that no one contacted her to see if she needed a ride--I think it's strange that we haven't heard who, besides her brother, was giving her a ride to work.

And, it'd be very strange if her routine was normal, late into the night, and she still hadn't arranged for a ride, the next day. I suppose she could have decided to 'call in sick,' but that'd be quite a coincidence.

By the way, her brother, evidently, did try to contact her to see if she needed a ride home, Thursday.

Since it sounds like she was up late, I wonder if she overslept that morning?

I'm thinking about a "helpful" neighbor. Notices Mollie trying to rush the dogs out to potty, maybe Mollie comments about running behind or oversleeping and not having a vehicle. Neighbor offers to take her to work and she accepts. She may have known the neighbor well enough to feel comfortable with riding with him or went against her better judgement so she wasn't late/later to work.

It would allow for the dogs to be taken out then put in the basement, no signs of a struggle, explain why her work shirt wasn't home. But because I haven't the foggiest idea about anything else, I don't know if it works with everything that's known. It does seem like someone in the neighborhood would have seen her taking the dogs out in the morning, but I suppose she might take them into the backyard or somewhere not so visible or no one noticed her because people are off in their own little worlds/suffering morning fog.

Why is how she usually got to work being kept such a mystery? There must be a reason for that.

Also, I know several people who keep their dogs in the basement during the day while they’re at work. The dogs can roam around, sleep in their beds down there, have food & water available, bones & toys, etc. IMO, it’s nicer than being stuck in a crate all day.

Now, they only put the dogs in the basement when they’re about to leave for the day, so Molly’s dogsitting dogs being in the basement seems to indicate she put them down there to leave. I doubt she would leave them down there to sleep alone, jmho. So, she’s ready for work, puts the dogs downstairs, &...what?
Well the key question at that point is were there any signs of struggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion