Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to overanalyze (lol) but it does seem curious that there would be notable traffic there right now. I wonder if there's an event going on or if it's something else...

Same thought. After I posted it, I had a thought and went back and checked a screenshot of a map from the night they were at the hog farm and it had that same orange line in front of the farm.

At this point I’m praying for a breakthrough.....

Also 5 threads in, you guys and girls and your dedication is awe inspiring. Serious everyone of you on a Saturday night dedicating your time Is what gives me faith in humanity. So many hugs and so much respect.

Not to overanalyze (lol) but it does seem curious that there would be notable traffic there right now. I wonder if there's an event going on or if it's something else...

Google Maps also gets traffic data from Waze (another app, which Google bought years ago), if anyone hits the "heavy traffic" button on Waze it will show up on Google Maps as well. I don't know how long it stays around, possibly long after the person has long since driven off.

I imagine there is more traffic than usual in Brooklyn right now with all the reporters/camera crews/etc.

Mollie is long gone, I’m afraid.

A trucker likely picked her up and after 10 days, she could literally be ANYWHERE.

I agree with you. I mean how long does it take to find the last pinged location of her cell phone and fitbit? It's driving me nuts I keep seeing the same recycled reports day in and out of the fbi is going over those things.

Mollie returned from running and was up late Wed. night doing homework.
Dogs were found in basement.
Mollie likely was wearing the red work shirt to go to work since it's missing.
Mollie had her phone and fitbit with her.

She was preparing to go to work.

Who was supposed to take Mollie to work Thursday morning? Why didn't they call her mom, the hospital day camp, her boyfriend, or friends and tell them Mollie wasn't at home when they came to take her to work?

Previous thread had an interesting idea that the perp came in to the house while she was out jogging. If the doors are truly unlocked he could have waited in a closet until she went to bed or the shower. The dogs wouldn’t have alerted her, he wouldn’t need to know the layout of the house because he could have figured it out while she was out and about. I don’t leave my doors unlocked anymore but I didn’t check the closets back in the day in rural MN when we did. Not knowing how long she ran, he could have 1/2 hour to hour maybe more to figure out where to be.

It's a good thought, and very creepy. A couple of questions, though.

Wouldn't the dogs have alerted anyway, if someone was hiding in the house? I imagine some might, and some might not.

But the big question--how did he arrive, and how did he leave? She would have seen a strange car parked in the driveway. (I don't know the layout of the area--was there any place to conceal a car?

The electricity co-op was next to the place where she was staying. Wouldn't that be the sort of a place to have cameras?

I think Mollie maybe was struggling with stress and maybe some issues going on and got overwhelmed. It doesn’t sound like she and her bf had much contact after work, as far as we know. Were they fighting? She only ran for 30 minutes, which seems short. Was she upset? What class is she taking and where? How does she get to school? How is she doing in that class. She’s also working.

I hope Mollie just had an f-this moment while doing her homework and took off on her own for awhile, and now is too scared to come home because such a big deal was made so quickly. Sure, she doesn’t seem like the type who would that, but plenty of people do it and I’m willing to bet that nobody expected they would.

Previous thread had an interesting idea that the perp came in to the house while she was out jogging. If the doors are truly unlocked he could have waited in a closet until she went to bed or the shower. The dogs wouldn’t have alerted her, he wouldn’t need to know the layout of the house because he could have figured it out while she was out and about. I don’t leave my doors unlocked anymore but I didn’t check the closets back in the day in rural MN when we did. Not knowing how long she ran, he could have 1/2 hour to hour maybe more to figure out where to be.

It is a scary thought, one that I've brought up several times while going for a jog myself. When I was alone at home, I used to leave the front door unlocked before going for a run. I hated carrying keys in my pockets. Safe neighborhood anyways, right? Didn't think much of it but always realized the risk.

Eventually, I stopped doing that and started going through the garage to get back inside. Also, they make running shorts with zippers that can hold your keys now.

I would hope Mollie would at least lock the doors at night when alone. I know the neighborhood typically left them open but a young girl's instincts when alone would surely tell herself to lock them when night falls?

There were no signs of a break-in that we know of, right? It could be more likely the criminal took advantage of the opening from 7:30-8 pm?

If anybody plays games on the internet it's crawling with some of the dumbest, socially illiterate folks you will ever meet. Most have a name and a picture. I have seen *advertiser censored*, perverts, names that make you scream. You can report them but the game owners don't get involved. They aren't policing the games. Buyer beware!
Luckily I found a way to report him to Playstation......I just ignore the perverted names & such, but it is a completely different ballgame when it is something that sounds like it might be pedophilia. It may be a joke, but it may not be & people think he is joking so they just dismiss it as such. I decided not to take any chances & reported him so hopefully they will look into it.

Mollie returned from running and was up late Wed. night doing homework.
Dogs were found in basement.
Mollie likely was wearing the red work shirt to go to work since it's missing.
Mollie had her phone and fitbit with her.

She was preparing to go to work.

Who was supposed to take Mollie to work that morning?
see here is the thing about it missing. If you think she was wearing it, most likely she did not sleep in it. It would of had to of been put on in the morning. Also the phone would of had to of been charged at some point.

It is a scary thought, one that I've brought up several times while going for a jog myself. When I was alone at home, I used to leave the front door unlocked before going for a run. I hated carrying keys in my pockets. Safe neighborhood anyways, right? Didn't think much of it but always realized the risk.

Eventually, I stopped doing that and started going through the garage to get back inside. Also, they make running shorts with zippers that can hold your keys now.

I would hope Mollie would at least lock the doors at night when alone. I know the neighborhood typically left them open but a young girl's instincts when alone would surely tell herself to lock them when night falls?

There were no signs of a break-in that we know of, right? It could be more likely the criminal took advantage of the opening from 7:30-8 pm?

A question that's been nagging me and perhaps some of you who are keeping better track of the news reports will know the answer. LE hasn't said there were signs of struggle, but they haven't said there aren't signs of struggle either. Right? In other words, do we know if there are signs of struggle in the house??

jmo

I think Mollie maybe was struggling with stress and maybe some issues going on and got overwhelmed.

I hope Mollie just had an f-this moment while doing her homework and took off on her own for awhile, and now is too scared to come home because such a big deal was made so quickly.
Yes, much the preferable alternative!

A question that's been nagging me and perhaps some of you who are keeping better track of the news reports will know the answer. LE hasn't said there were signs of struggle, but they haven't said there aren't signs of struggle either. Right? In other words, do we know if there are signs of struggle in the house??

jmo
They haven't said much of anything, so no - I would say we don't know for sure.

View attachment 140191

I just posted this map from Mollie's to her mom's house on the media thread and noticed an orange line in the middle of the route and it is usually blue. Does anyone know what that means?

Google Maps

It means that traffic is slower in that area right now.. same thing happened when they were searching the pig farm areas.. those roads close were all showing orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04