Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up on the east coast! Spent many summers with 90 degree temperatures and lots of humidity. We ended up getting ceiling fans, much cheaper than AC and safer than having a window open.

But it was in the 60s that night. That's cool weather even with humidity.

Lol ok, you win???

I grew up in Omaha, Nebraska.

Same weather. Even if it’s cooler outside at night, the house stays hot well into late evening. Trust me on this.

I'm not sure why they would name them. If she was in the shower, she's not going to hear the horn or see any texts, so she could have been home or not home when the driver was there. If the police have checked them out and decided there's no "there" there, there's no point in putting out their names.
we dont know cuz they have said nothing about it

Her brother texted her in the morning to see if she needed a ride TO work, not a ride home after work.

"She shares the car with her brother, and he texted her Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work or to use the car, and she never responded."

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Edit: we don't know where the brother was or if he lives at the mom's house.

Does the house that Mollie was in have an overhang? Mine does too but the wind blows it in. No priblem with a light rain, but wasn’t it really stormy?
the only reason i mention windows is maybe someone crawled through one

I'd say there are no obvious signs of a struggle. Otherwise that would have been mentioned. New info means she was likely taken from the house late on Wednesday evening or relatively early on Thursday morning. Her wallet was left behind, though, so that means she hadn't yet left for the day / for work.

A question that's been nagging me and perhaps some of you who are keeping better track of the news reports will know the answer. LE hasn't said there were signs of struggle, but they haven't said there aren't signs of struggle either. Right? In other words, do we know if there are signs of struggle in the house??

jmo
The one DCI Agent is quoted by People Magazine as saying ...

"One avenue of thought is that if it wasn’t a struggle, and we have found no signs of a struggle, then maybe it was someone she was familiar with,” Mortvedt told People.

"But then the other avenue of thought is it could have been a stranger who simply overpowered her or tricked her. We just have very little to go on.”

I think she would have grabbed either her glasses or contacts if that were the case. I never go anywhere without my ID, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't. MOO

Someone mentioned she might have disposable contacts and therefore actually been wearing contacts, but obviously I have no idea if she had a backup pair. Could she have a second pair of glasses? I could definitely see me leaving behind my wallet if I was running late. Maybe IF a neighbor took her, she felt it would be rude to ask them to turn around to retrieve it and figured she could borrow money from a coworker for lunch if necessary.

But both poke holes in my theory. So let's try this. Helpful neighbor offers to watch/walk the dogs so she can get ready/not get rained on. He knocks at the door after they are done, she takes the dogs to the basement, he stays at the door or follows her down there, grabs her when she comes back up. Already dressed, but the knock interrupted her before she was able to put on glasses/contacts or grab her wallet.

So the neighbor says he definitely saw her - but didnt see her come back the way she went....in theory he's the last person to see her...and on that basis how could she have returned to do homework...

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Strangely, he also says what she was wearing - including tennis shoes...could he really see tennis shoes whilst sitting down looking out the window?

He also said she had a phone and was "nonchalantly walking by"

Was she on the phone as she was nonchalantly walking by - and if so - do phone records back this up?

Ok excuse my ignorance, I live in Australia so I’m not entire aware of where Iowa is, but I remember those two young girls who were murdered in Delphi and their killer hasn’t been caught, could this case have any relation to that? Is iowa near Delphi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum