Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ cjack410, Welcome to Websleuths -- you are among friends here.

In the earliest posts, LE verified Mollie jogging in Brooklyn as she was captured on camera (I believe the high school), and seen by at least three witness that I recall. LE reports only verified accounts, that's how it works. Keep in mind that Mollie's been missing about 11 days; and it was the family that immediately came out with Mollie's day camp "red t-shirt" missing. I believe this came out prior to the verified sightings by LE of Mollie in running gear. There's been no verified sighting of Mollie in the red shirt (doesn't mean she was wearing it when she disappeared), and for all we know, it could be in her work locker, or maybe she expected one of her fellow counselors to bring it to work for her on Thursday. (Mollie's worked at the day camp for at least 2 summers). We do know that the family stopped talking about the "red shirt" since before the missing posters printed! Certainly we can speculate about anything reported, not reported, and what Mollie was wearing when she vanished, but don't expect LE to deny or confirm anything that they have not verified. Also, the Moderators have put together helpful posts with all the links to reports and timelines on the first page of every thread, especially for the newbies, but also referenced by many Members that have been following here for the past 11 days.

Last edited:
The red shirt keeps coming up and its bothering me too. What if mollie didn't have the red shirt in the first place? just a thought. I read that it was a shirt she would be wearing only because she was going on a day trip to the fair. not something she wore otherwise. what if she forgot to take it home the night before and it was never there in the first place?

I've skimmed a lot of posts, and this isn't really important, but I'm going to bring it up just to add something different (I think) to the mix. With all of the talk about where the SC photo was taken, I've been wondering more whether she was wearing her glasses or not in it. I haven't figured out why yet, but for some reason that seems somewhat important to me.

It's just like another other electric provider. But in rural areas, they usually cover rural portions of several counties. My step-dad and good friends work for our local. They have office employees, meter techs, residential service techs, and linemen and then a sub-group of several tree trimmers who drive around all year trimming back trees and growth away from lines. I think our local has about a dozen bucket trucks, several large pieces of equipment (trenchers and such), and then numerous company owned pickup trucks. They have a large lot behind the main business, but also a larger lot outside of town where they keep more equipment.
Would there be any reason for these workers to have been parked at night in the co-op's parking lot (next to where Mollie disappeared) ?

This tweet of Mollie's is interesting.

I wonder how often Mollie was planning to have semesters of less than twelve credit hours. At the University of Iowa, a student needs twelve or more to be full time and avoid all kinds of extra charges.

I wonder if she had been living in one of the residence halls and what her plans are going forward.

I saw on the sheriff's FB page that they are raising money to support their K-9 team. They were selling t shirts. It only stated that you can buy one and pick it up at the sheriff's office. Does anyone know if they would mail some t shirts and if any are left?

The red shirt keeps coming up and its bothering me too. What if mollie didn't have the red shirt in the first place? just a thought. I read that it was a shirt she would be wearing only because she was going on a day trip to the fair. not something she wore otherwise. what if she forgot to take it home the night before and it was never there in the first place?
The red shirt would probably be used every field trip. In summer camps that is pretty much every other day.

I wonder how often Mollie was planning to have semesters of less than twelve credit hours. At the University of Iowa, a student needs twelve or more to be full time and avoid all kinds of extra charges.

I wonder if she had been living in one of the residence halls and what her plans are going forward.

My husband attended the U of I and he doesn't see why there would be extra charges.

Even if there were extra charges for taking fewer than 12 credits, that's not quite what she said. She may have planned to take either 12 or 13 credits each semester for her last couple years. I'm not sure about it costing more to go part time (less than 12 credits) because I always took 16 - 24 credits per quarter (yes, it was that long ago), but I was under the impression that it just meant you were eligible for less money from grants, loans and work study. MOO

Would there be any reason for these workers to have been parked at night in the co-op's parking lot (next to where Mollie disappeared) ?

I don't know about that night and that location, specifically, but my assumption is that it's entirely possible. People have outages, transformers blow, etc., and at any given time a crew might need to go to the main place of business, park their own vehicles, and jump in an electric company truck to drive to fix something.

I don't know about large municipalities, but it's been mentioned that rural areas tend to have power companies that do the electrical for large, entire areas. It's not like living in a city where you have multiple internet providers to choose from. There's one electric company and they serve all the people for many square miles. Don't know about Brooklyn, but in many places they are publicly owned.

Even if there were extra charges for taking fewer than 12 credits, that's not quite what she said. She may have planned to take either 12 or 13 credits each semester for her last couple years. I'm not sure about it costing more to go part time (less than 12 credits) because I always took 16 - 24 credits per quarter (yes, it was that long ago), but I was under the impression that it just meant you were eligible for less money from grants, loans and work study. MOO
Exactly this. My daughter’s financial aid only kicked in when she was a full time student (12 or more units per quarter in her case).

My husband attended the U of I and he doesn't see why there would be extra charges.

Didn't look at their website, but it's pretty common for schools to have a flat fee for 12-17 hours that comes out to be a better per-hour rate than paying for classes by the hour if you have fewer than 12. Sometimes parking is included in residence hall fees for on-campus students, whereas off-campus students have to buy parking passes. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29