Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...
My take from that?
She’s been abducted and they have a person of interest.
I hope you are right! I kind of got the feeling they held this for a reason, maybe to see how someone would react?
I remember a pregnant woman went missing from MD last year and they knew her partner did it but they held a PC and even had him talk, all along knowing he was the one who did it. They wanted him to think they didn't suspect him. Maybe something similar?

Anyone else getting a hint she might have left on her own? I never considered that an option at all, but now...I wonder???

jmo

No I don’t get a hint of that at all they indicated at the press conference this was totally out of character for Mollie. I do not believe Mollie left by choice.

Well that was...interesting.

My take is that they believe it is someone she knows and they do not believe the public is in danger bc of that. But if they say "no danger to the public," that becomes very obvious and they want to play close to the vest.

Also the wording of "Finding out what is normal for Mollie, what isn't, and who was in/near Brooklyn on the 18th" make me think this is someone she knows maybe who doesn't live in Brooklyn necessarily or was supposed to not be there on the 18th (I am NOT pointing fingers at bf, housemates, etc. She probably knows a LOT of people who had no reason to normally be in Brooklyn on the 18th, even college buddies). And maybe they have reason to believe she was with someone or doing something that night that was not the norm for her--random meet-up with a college friend or co-worker, etc. kind of thing. I don't know, JMO from hearing all this.

Well, thankfully we weren't expecting much if any new info, so we were prepared to get none. To me, the only way this PC makes sense is if they do have a good idea what has happened to her, is still alive and is trying to keep whomever does have her from panicking and hurting her until they can find them and free her. Otherwise, it was just to get the media to stop from constantly asking for details they refuse to give them. I personally think it's both.

Also wanted to add, there was once a way (years ago) to access snapchats from your phone after viewing them, but I think it was only possible to do so for a brief period of time. I don't know if this is still possible after years of updates to the app since then.

The number of pauses in this presser lead me to think they were being very careful about HOW they answered the questions. In other words, they know they answers, but aren't ready to reveal them. I believe they have a POI - one who is not a danger to the general public (based on his difficulty in answering that question and the eternal pause). And they don't know why she was abducted - - - I think they probably do know, but if they tell us, then the POI will know the gig's up. I doubt they know WHERE she is, but I'm thinking she is alive. Or maybe I'm just hoping she's alive - IDK. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper