Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she left on her own, and planned to just get away and clear her head, she would have taken some money and packed a change of clothes or two, and some hygiene essentials such as a toothbrush and some deodorant, IMHO. Also possibly taking a cell phone charger for when she was ready to get back into her life. This possibility seems inconsistent with her calling her mom, SC-ing her boyfriend, and house-sitting. She was described as "responsible" and "a creature of habit" (I will find links). You cannot survive forever on no money. Also, if I understand correctly, Mollie did not have a car with her. So if she DID leave voluntarily, she either took a bus (need to research bus system) or went with someone else. Again, it seems inconsistent with her normal way of life, but people do strange things. The runaway bride story comes to mind.

I agree with you. I'm doubtful she left on her own and believe LE and family when they say it would be uncharacteristic. LE wondering about getting to know her, makes me wonder, though. I'm doubtful she left on her own but do understand that depression can be silent and lead to "uncharacteristic" actions. It's possible she left without plans to return. JMO.

For now, though, I believe she was harmed by someone very close to her. And I believe LE has a POI. Moo.

I have the fitbit Alta HR. I am going to try to upload some screenshots so that those of you who aren't familiar can see what kind of data they show. Models have different features so Mollie's may be different.
The sleep tracker shows when you are awake and the various stages of sleep. If she'd gone to sleep that night, they'd be able to tell (if fitbit was tracking) when she woke up or was awakened.
The heart rate tracker shows a graph of heart rates throughout the day. Mine stays high but you can see it went up to red during my evening run. This would be very telling if her heart rate was "normal" and then suddenly jumped up very fast (heartbreaking to think about). If she were running, it would still go even higher if she was afraid. If she went for a run, cooled down and just walked off into the sunset, the heart rate graph would look very different from that of an abducted person.
@ Melanie1126 - I've been wanting to see displays like this, thanks! Wait -- fatburn, I'll buy one tomorrow! I'm curious about the sleep screenshot: I've participated in sleep study at a clinic to detect similar, except with several electrodes on my body. Do you have to wear a fitbit on each wrist? Thanks for sharing...

Last edited:
What if she left on her own for good? To lead another life somewhere else. She wouldn't take anything - outfits, toiletries, so it wouldn't look like she was planning to be going somewhere. Having her phone & fitbit (which were missing from the house) with her would be bare essentials, it seems, and her bf said she always had those 2 things with her. Those are the only things missing it seems. The red shirt is debatable since she could have gotten one at work for the day, and it doesn't seem like it's missing from the house for sure.

If she was leaving for good, she wouldn’t take her phone IMO. She would know it would be easily tracked. LE would have known pretty early on if this were the case, I feel

Does anyone think it might be a case of people came over to party that Molly didn’t know very well and she got drugged/attacked and really hurt and there was a clean up afterwards? I’m not accusing anybody per TOS.

So can someone explain to me how a press conference like that puts pressure on a POI? I'm not saying it doesn't. I'm just trying to understand how. I've seen the technique used before but the press conferences seemed to say things like 'We know the person is out there and we are going to get justice" - that kind of scare stuff. But unless you are on web sleuths and dissecting the bejebbies out of every words and facial expressions, this pc really made it sound like they don't know anything concrete (and I'm still wandering into that camp myself). So if we assume this was a show for the POI, is the point to make him squirm or to relax him?

I vote skirm. Director Winkler said they "had to get to know Molly" = to me this means HEY FELLA, we know this girl! And he said in a couple of different ways - "We will go wherever... we are looking for Mollie"

When you realize those three people are in charge of every law enforcement officer IN IOWA and Special Agent Thysse has connections across this country and connected directly to DC -

OH, I would be thinking twice about how to get on the good side of these men ASAP because the frustration some sensed is going to grow and guess who is going to get the brunt of it - whoever is responsible for Mollie's disappearance and any others who have stalled their efforts.

That's my take.

I really hope LE knows what they are doing because this is valuable time they can never get back. I didn’t get the feeling that they are hopeful in this last news conference and even though he was saying they wanted public and media help, the body language and tone was expressing the opposite. JMO

Well, its apparent that LE are keeping everything close to the chest.
I guess it is very possible that they have their eye on someone close to the investigation and the less news out there , the better.
I am somewhat bothered by the getting to know Mollie comment, but nothing has been clearly stated in this case

I think they know! I never used to have faith in them in this case but I really think they know now and its a case of them gathering sufficient evidence to find Mollie and make an arrest. The lack of info means something. MOO

<modsnipped quoted post>

There's a difference between coming over *for* supper and coming over to *get* some supper. I made brats last night and cooked up the whole package even though only two of us were planning to eat at home. Mom could've easily said, "I made extra brats if you want one," and she said, "Okay, maybe, I'll see how hungry I am later." Kids that age come and go all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think it might be a case of people came over to party that Molly didn’t know very well and she got drugged/attacked and really hurt and there was a clean up afterwards? I’m not accusing anybody per TOS.
I'm not sure that a party was involved. But I do think the conversation is getting close to TOS violation and think it best many of us go back to sitting on our hands. JMO.

Catching up... Watched the replay of the PR.

Keep wondering what’s next instead of what happened. Wondering when they will pull out/ back to provide resources to other cases. I am especially interested in the next several days when the wedding party/ guests/ local family & friends will be gone to DR for ceremony. Wondering how many locals will be attending, how long, who will be house & pet sitting when they are gone. Where will the perp be then? And what might this window of time reveal.

Also keep wondering abt trash collection in Brooklyn, IA & if any curbside cans have been searched.

They sound frustrated.

Either:

A) They think she's missing willingly after they've wasted so many investigative hours searching for her
B) They literally have no solid leads whatsoever.

Interesting how he really hesitated when they asked if the public is at risk, though.
I'm guessing it was hard to answer the question whether they think the public is at risk because they really, truly still don't know what happened to her. However, I think they're not leaning towards stranger abduction for some reason, since he couldn't help smiling a little when asked if they had a POI... that gave me hope that they think she may have been taken by or gone away with a 'local' person, in which case that person is no longer a threat since they're either off the grid with Mollie somewhere, or they know they're being watched and wouldn't risk snatching someone again in that small community. When he followed up with "people should take normal precautions", that seemed like they're not super worried about a violent offender on the loose in the Brooklyn area. :(

I really hope LE knows what they are doing because this is valuable time they can never get back. I didn’t get the feeling that they are hopeful in this last news conference and even though he was saying they wanted public and media help, the body language and tone was expressing the opposite. JMO
Agree. Way too low energy.

I'm so glad you heard this too cass523. I was like WHAT! He said a man in his 30s was seen taking pictures of the route Mollie ran. Maybe he's full of **** but it took my breath away.
I am happy you heard this also. Gagliano said he was taking pictures of MT's running route, but the news recorded him taking pictures of other girls running. I truly doubted myself but recorded it on TV and copied and pasted each word here. He said it, but this guy would be arrested by now. Now I dont remember when he was taking pictures.

At 25 years old my mother still checks up on me. I know every family has a different dynamic, but it was odd t

Everyone that knows Mollie has stressed how responsible she is and how out of character taking off without letting anyone know would be. It feels like it would also be out of character for her to not show up to dinner with her mother without letting her know that she's not coming, or why.

We still don't know if she'd planned on going for dinner that night.. I thought she just asked what her mom was making for dinner and when she said brats she replied ok. Maybe she just wondered?

Getting to know her may just mean getting more insight into her life, JMO
Exactly. This helps you determine the possible reason for her disappearance and the circumstances surrounding it. It can help you determine if she ran away, or if it was more likely that she was abducted. Victimology is also incredibly important in determining motive and potential suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove