Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have missed, but sounds like the boyfriend might be back living in the house? If so, I think that's a pretty huge sign of where LE is with this. With the way they are playing this it feels like they are very close, or feel like they are, to the answer.

Jack said early on in the search for Tibbetts, he kept calling her missing phone, hoping anyone would pick up.

"It just went straight to voicemail,” he said.

He told Fox News the last time he saw her was early in the morning on Tuesday, July 17. Around 5 a.m., he said, he left his home on the outskirts of the city and kissed Mollie goodbye.

Then he said “on Thursday when we found out that she was missing I returned home.

“I was in Dubuque the entire time,” he added.

Mollie uses an iphone per her instagram.

Reasons why an iphone will go straight to voicemail.

Your number has been blocked.
The phone is on airplane mode.
The phone is turned off or broken,
The phone is not in range of a cell tower.
The phone is on 'do not disturb'.
Your data plan is unpaid, or limited.

Any others?

The other thing I want to know is if the dogs normally spend the night in the basement or if they are given free reign of the home at night. I'm sure LE knows this as well, it would really help to tighten the timeline. If dogs were found in the basement and that is where they are put in the morning, then that would mean Mollie would be awake and would have already taken the dogs out and put them away for the day.and that whomever took Molly would have known it too... probably because they saw her do it.

Not necessarily. She could have put the dogs in the basement if she answered the door and was inviting someone in...either a planned or surprise visitor.

Or she could have decided to go for a drive with a friend and put the dogs in.

It was stated earlier she slept with the dogs. Which makes me think she knew the person.

A few thoughts. 1. Often times the simplest explanation is most likely 2. perhaps no unknown dna was in the house because perpetrator <modsnipped> visited frequently. 3. perhaps mollie had sympathy for this person. she has been described as wanting others to be happy. maybe she was aware of this person's feelings and did not see danger. 4. I think there is a good chance the perpetrator headed east on route 80 after the crime. 5. I'm sure they have a suspect

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure it's plausible that a small town Iowa girl with no international travel experience could manage to evade authorities by getting on a plane or traveling overseas. She would need some identification in another name, and would have needed to get money to buy the ticket. If her DR ticket had been exchanged I'm certain the authorities would already know as this would be easy to check with the airline. With all the new regulations on identification for passengers since 9/11 and all the cameras at an airport I just highly doubt she would be able to pull that off undetected. They would have figured it out by now, and even if they weren't able to find her LE would have pulled most of their resources off the case and notified the public that no major crime had been committed.

I appreciate you throwing a theory out there, but that one just doesn't sound realistic.

Agreed - I would actually be happy if this were the case because it would mean she's alive and OK. Virtually every LE resource in the county is working on some aspect of this case. LE teams have limited resources to begin with so they would not go so all out unless they knew or at least had an extremely strong suspicion that there was foul play.

Yes, this is a newer article: Reward for finding Mollie Tibbetts safe jumps to $30K

KCRG-TV9's coverage partner KCCI says the reward for the safe return of Mollie Tibbetts has increased to $30,000.

Donations for the reward are being accepted at First State Bank, 104 Jackson St, P.O. Box 532, Brooklyn, IA, 52211.

Crimestoppers also has an online form for donation: http://www.crimestoppersweb.com/772/Pictures/DonationAgreementForm-V2-3-1.docx555.pdf
The wording bothers me, but could just be in the reporting, not the actual reward. “for the safe return” vs. “for information leading to the return”. “For the safe return” sounds like a ransom.

Not necessarily. She could have put the dogs in the basement if she answered the door and was inviting someone in...either a planned or surprise visitor.

It was stated earlier she slept with the dogs. Which makes me think she knew the person.

No contacts? No glasses?

• Not necessarily. She could have put the dogs in the basement if she answered the door and was inviting someone in...either a planned or surprise visitor.

I thought I had read the dogs were found in the basement as though they had been taken care of for the day. If they were there for 12 plus hours, it would be obvious ( no water and feces and urine accidents)

Hi all, I've been following, but keeping quiet, as this one has me confused. I just keep going over and over the same things in my head.

One question.... we know that Mollies Fit Bit and Phone are missing. I also read somewhere that she normally ran with her fitbit, phone attached to arm and wireless earbuds. Has it been stated anywhere if the earbuds are accounted for or are they also missing?

I don't know more than there has been an apparent jump from a 2k reward to a 30k reward but to me this is significant.

ETA: I also think the timing of this jump, the day after the press conference, is not a coincidence. They were talking TO someone in that PC.

2k isn't life-changing and is unlikely to get someone with knowledge to talk.

30k, well that's a whole new ball game and may just be the carrot to lure in the one person with knowledge that LE need. Sure, it's not life-changing in the way a million dollar lottery win is, but it could just be enough.

My question, as I can't read the article, is "where has this big jump in funds come from"?

Mollie uses an iphone per her instagram.

Reasons why an iphone will go straight to voicemail.

Your number has been blocked.
The phone is on airplane mode.
The phone is turned off or broken,
The phone is not in range of a cell tower.
The phone is on 'do not disturb'.
Your data plan is unpaid, or limited.

Any others?

Battery is dead.

P.S. I'm having a terrible time with the site today!

Hi all, I've been following, but keeping quiet, as this one has me confused. I just keep going over and over the same things in my head.

One question.... we know that Mollies Fit Bit and Phone are missing. I also read somewhere that she normally ran with her fitbit, phone attached to arm and wireless earbuds. Has it been stated anywhere if the earbuds are accounted for or are they also missing?
Nothing has been reported about the earbuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop