Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this interview is interesting. It appears the boyfriend is under the impression the police think someone entered the home late at night and Mollie left with them, either voluntarily or not and that there was no forced entry. Possibly BF could know this because they never locked doors when he was at home. However, women alone in a home at night may behave differently than those who are there with others ( husbands or boyfriends) Keep in mind the information about Mollie being up late doing homework. It would be interesting to know (and I'm sure LE does know) whether she had an assignment due the next day that she was working on or if she was just passing time while she was waiting for someone to come by. Also regarding the interview, did BF decide to do this interview "on his own" or in consultation with LE? Does LE want the public to know that they believe someone entered Mollie's home during the night or was this a slip up? Also, without pointing fingers at anyone. If I was going to murder someone in the middle of the night or early morning, I would leave my cell phone at home... it would make a good alibi.... just saying..

Gentle suggestion to check the media thread to see if somebody has already posted an article. Seeing a ton of duplicates.

IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County
“It’s Brooklyn. You don’t lock your doors,” Dalton Jack revealed. “We lock our doors now, every night

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, dad urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interview

This article says Jake texted asking about Mollie borrowing the car to get to work.

>>snip

Jake said on July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he had texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center.

She didn't respond.

“I didn’t think much about it at the time but now I think about it a lot," he told Fox News on Wednesday. "About how weird it was not for her to text back."

“As the day went on it certainly became evident to me something had happened," Jake Tibbetts added.

Thinking about the search. LE must believe she returned home, I think this because they aren't searching for her as if she went missing while jogging. Think about it, she could have been hit by someone and thrown into a field or an area where you wouldn't notice her. How many days did they search along her normal route? Didn't they call off searches early on?

But what if she was hit by a pick up truck, thrown in the truck bed then dumped in the next county in a cornfield. Yes, I know....who would dare to put a hit and run body in their vehicle like that. Doesn't make sense either.

Sounds like you say that LE knows SHE WAS NOT RUNNING when she went missing.

They apparently just want the media to save all their questions for the press conference, so they can refuse to answer all the questions at the same time. I expect that the Friday PC will just be another 15 minutes of absolutely nothing except the investigators praising themselves for the great job they are doing.

<modsnipped>

By repeating Mollie’s name they’re humanising her to whoever has her.

By repeating how well they’re all working together it’s serving as a warning to whoever has her that they are good & their experience will catch their suspect?

<modsnipped for personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
But what if she was hit by a pick up truck, thrown in the truck bed then dumped in the next county in a cornfield. Yes, I know....who would dare to put a hit and run body in their vehicle like that. Doesn't make sense either.

I think we have enough information now to establish that she was home safely after the jog ie... was up late at night doing homework on her computer

Someone like Brandon Scott Lavergne (Mickey Shunick) or someone who has been drinking (vehicular homicide)?

With the unlocked doors and Mollie being so friendly and caring, she certainly could have attracted the wrong attention. People with issues misinterpret kindness as something else often.

But the dogs in the basement make no sense with the glasses and contacts there. It does not sound like leaving voluntarily.

If it happened at the house, no crime scene things things seem to have happened as far as we know.

None of it makes sense

I feel Molly was taken unexpectedly and quickly from her home. My hunch would be in the very early morning— when she didn’t have time to grab her glasses. Maybe was ordered to get up, do not scream, follow me... hence her lack of glassses. Perhaps she was able to grab her phone if it was near to her body, or she had already grabbed it when she heard someone walk into the house at night out of fear.

That theory doesn’t explain the missing work-shirt. Unless she slept in it. It would explain why she wasn’t wearing contacts/glasses, and why her wallet was left behind.

Perhaps she knew the person— & the person knew her and the people that lived in the house. If they let Molly put the dogs for safekeeping in the basement before taking her, it seems like they have some sort sympathy towards the home owners or dogs. (The dogs in the basement though seem to be a gray area — no confirmation)

Or it would make perfect sense if she was getting ready for work and had already put the dogs downstairs. But I’m confused why she wasn’t wearing glasses or contacts, especially if she was ready enough for work to be in uniform.

Someone had stalked her, and I’m sure they were aware her housemates were out of town. I’m not convinced she didn’t lock the door... we don’t lock our door often enough, but if I’m here alone, I absolutely lock the house up.

I don’t think the kidnapper is a stranger to her, unless a serial-criminal got really lucky having her housemates out of town.

All MOO.

Does LE want the public to know that they believe someone entered Mollie's home during the night or was this a slip up?

THIS would be excellent to know

one word.

LUMINOL

My fav word ever!

“I didn’t think much about it at the time but now I think about it a lot," he told Fox News on Wednesday. "About how weird it was not for her to text back."

“As the day went on it certainly became evident to me something had happened," Jake Tibbetts added.

Wonder why he didnt think it was strange but now he says it was totally out of character.

By repeating Mollie’s name they’re humanising her to whoever has her.

By repeating how well they’re all working together it’s serving as a warning to whoever has her that they are good & their experience will catch their suspect?

I blanked on how to verbalize this earlier, but I agree. I also think they were trying to humanize her by saying “get to know mollie” etc

Last edited:
This is new to me as I thought the brother texted later in the morning/afternoon to see if she wanted the car to come home with after work. This was before work & IIRC she started work at 7:30 am. This would certainly tighten the timeline if he texted say at 6 or so AM & she's not responding.

"Jake said on July 19, the day Mollie was reported missing to police, he had texted her in the morning to see if she wanted to borrow a car they shared so she could go to work at the Grinnell Regional Medical Center.

She didn't respond."

Can someone construct a street map of Brooklyn showing where Mollie's house is versus the mother's where the car was? As a runner, I'd love to see the distance and route there. Thanks in advance.

Can't credit the person who did this (sorry), as it was posted last week, but I believe this shows the two locations. House-sitting is lower left marker.

Google Maps

She had a brand new passport according to her mom. And a ticket to the Dominicans Republic. Those two items give her options. In the time period between Weds. night when she was last seen and when she was actually reported missing, she could have easily grabbed a flight from Des Moines cashing in her DR ticket and head quickly to Minneapolis or Chicago to hop on the late night outbound flights somewhere oversees. It would all be about timing. It would be possible to escape notice at customs if nobody notified interagency LE or Interpol. By the time it would be discovered she would be long gone. I did a quick Interpol search and nothing came up with her name.

Just another theory to think about.
I thought about it too. If the passport is missing then there is a possibility of her taking off just to get away from things for a while. I was hoping someone would ask LE about the passport and tickets or any odd bank transactions in the days prior to her disappearance but no one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel