Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the replay option still exists but if it was an old picture taken from the camera roll, I appears in the message as a tile and would disappear (unless saved) when you come out of the message.

The Snapchat replay option doesn't last forever, though. If you leave the main friends screen, you lose your ability to go back and replay it.

Snapchat Support

The boyfriend did say he assumed it was a goodnight Snapchat message to him. He doesn't remember all of the snap's content other than it was inside a house, and she was in it?

Something to know about Snapchat, the message you send could last as quick as 1 second. It depends on the user's preferences in their settings.

It's possible the message only lasted a few short seconds, and it being 10 pm after a long day working construction, it's understandable the boyfriend doesn't remember the exact details of the snap.

I know when I used to use Snapchat, I would forget what my friend(s) sent me as little as 5 minutes later. My friends used to feel the same way at times too. So the next day trying to remember one snap isn't as easy as it seems.

Lastly, I mentioned this before but there used to be a feature on Snapchat where you could view a snap AGAIN even if you saw it once already. No idea if this still exists.

OT: My cousins and I often talk by sending "Snap" images to each other or through the chat feature. I can NEVER remember what we talked about especially when they take a long time to answer. So I just sit and stare at the image wondering what in the heck I said to them and what their reply is. Just yesterday I suggested they PLEASE just regular text me when it's important or making plans so I can go back and reread...ha!

If someone sends you an image or video through Snapchat, you can replay it as long as you don't leave their screen and go somewhere else within the app. It tells the person when you replay their "snap" and also when you screenshot it. It also tells them if you have viewed it or not and how much time has passed. If they send you multiple ones, they play in order as they were sent. After so much time has passed, not sure on exact time, you cannot replay it. You can either send directly to one person/multiple people kind of like a text and they can open it one time or replay it then it goes away....or you can "post to your story", which is like posting on your Facebook wall for all your friends to see. After 24 hours, it goes away from your "story".

I did not understand Snapchat at all until I actually had the app myself. I didn't understand why I needed an app to take pictures when I could just text someone the picture I wanted to show or post it on Facebook. Now, we mostly use it for funny things we see or a place to show where we are or what we are doing, with no pressure for the person to "respond", even though most of the time we do. I'm sure Youtube has videos that someone can watch to get a better idea of how it works, but here is their support info on viewing snaps.

Snapchat Support

Last edited:
I imagine the family was first to go into the home and saw the glasses and the contacts and whatever else because at that tme they had no clue if she was sick or had fallen down or what?

I assume she is on the insurance of one of her parents and they would know how many glasses or contacts she owned.I imagine they paid for whatever she has.

I think they will release something of significance either directly or in response to a question from a reporter. Law enforcement will target some piece of information that law enforcement knows with certainty that they want whoever is responsible to stew on over the weekend. Every press briefing going forward will be law enforcement in one way or another "speaking" to whoever is responsible. Much depends on how much involvement the FBI has in deciding what to release as they tend to guard every last piece of information as if they are protecting the Ark of the Covenant.

Of course, I could always be wrong.
Yes but I agree with you. IMO the presser is a game of pressure. I think they do have a POI just not enough to bring charges. Yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...orward-says-somebody-knows-something.amp.html

The boyfriend of missing college student Mollie Tibbetts told Fox News Channel in an exclusive interview Wednesday that he believes the doors of the home she was last staying in were left unlocked – and that he now locks his doors every night.

It’s Brooklyn. You don’t lock your doors,” Dalton Jack revealed. “We lock our doors now, every night.”

Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student, was last seen on July 18 after she left her boyfriend’s home for a jog. She was staying there to watch his dogs while he was out of town for work.

SEE THE FULL INTERVIEW ON FOX NEWS CHANNEL THIS AFTERNOON
<snipped to comply with copyright rule- only 10% of article allowed to be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Fox news article linked in post 184, a couple things I found interesting:

"The boyfriend of missing college student Mollie Tibbetts told Fox News Channel in an exclusive interview Wednesday that he believes the doors of the home she was last staying in were left unlocked."
Is this the first time someone has said definitively the doors were locked or unlocked? So I guess if this is true, then it opens up more possibilities of someone just walking into the home while she is there, unaware, and maybe surprising her before she could react.

"Jack, who has been formally cleared by police in Tibbetts' disappearance, declined to talk about specifics of the case, citing officials' request."
So is LE telling the family a good amount of info after all and they are just not allowed to say?

Additionally, this is the first article I have read that says the last time he saw Mollie was in the morning of the 17. Every other article has said July 16. I don't think this means anything of importance, just another example of confusing/incorrect/conflicting info in an already confusing case.

Article in Dubuque paper about the jogger attacker being identified and asking the public to wait until all the facts are known before jumping to conclusions.

Dubuque police: Man involved in jogger incident ID'd, but public should wait for facts

Dubuque police announced this morning that they identified the man involved in a reported attack on a jogger Sunday, but they urged the public to wait until all the facts are known before jumping to conclusions.

SBM

Police issued another social media post this morning, saying they have identified the man "involved in the incident with the jogger on Grandview" and that more information would be released later.

It continued, "People voiced a lot of opinions on this case and were rightfully worried. That being said ... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE wait until you know the facts before you 'fill in the blanks.'"

I wonder what facts could possibly make this OK, unless the women's account was heavily embellished. Considering she almost instantly deleted the FB post once it gained traction and they didn't mention an arrest this may be the case.

Jack said early on in the search for Tibbetts, he kept calling her missing phone, hoping anyone would pick up.

"It just went straight to voicemail,” he said.

He told Fox News the last time he saw her was early in the morning on Tuesday, July 17. Around 5 a.m., he said, he left his home on the outskirts of the city and kissed Mollie goodbye.

Then he said “on Thursday when we found out that she was missing I returned home.

“I was in Dubuque the entire time,” he added.

“It’s Brooklyn. You don’t lock your doors,” Dalton Jack revealed. “We lock our doors now, every night

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, dad urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interview

The boyfriend of missing college student Mollie Tibbetts told Fox News Channel in an exclusive interview Wednesday that he believes the doors of the home she was last staying in were left unlocked – and that he now locks his doors every night.

So... the door to the house was unlocked on Thursday when he got home?

For those who wear contacts, do you also have a pair of glasses? If so, when do you prefer contacts and when do you prefer to wear your glasses?
I wear my contacts almost all the time. When I run, I never ever wear glasses, too much risk of them falling, sweat building up etc. I only take off my contacts at night or if I’m taking a nap. During those times or if I need to be up really quick for something I grab my glasses.

I don't think we should count out other males, maybe her age. As others have mentioned, it may have been someone she knew, and it turned sinister. Similarities to Christina Morris' case in Plano, TX. She walked to her car with a high school acquaintance, and he kidnapped her; years later, her body has been located in an area near where both their phones had pinged. In Mollie's case, Brooklyn is small, she likely knew every single person in her high school. So basically any male within a few years age of her in either direction could approach her, and she'd probably feel relatively comfortable interacting with that person.

im thinking a love triangle too - either male or female her age.

if male, is it possible that the bf was going to propose to mollie at the wedding and that circulated back to this jealous guy, prompting him to act? even just the joke/rumor if it werent true/official could be enough for someone with unhealthy jealous issues to be triggered.

http://daily-iowan.com/2018/08/01/hope-is-alive-as-the-search-for-mollie-tibbetts-continues/

"Hope is alive as the search for Mollie Tibbetts continues"

Some quotes from this article: (BBM)

Her boyfriend, Dalton Jack, said Tibbetts sent him a Snapchat message the night she went missing. Jack told local news outlets that the message was a selfie of her that looked like it was taken inside his home.

Jack said he knew something was wrong when he checked his phone to see that Tibbetts hadn’t responded to a text message he had sent her.

“I dropped her off Wednesday evening [July 18],” he said. “She was in contact with her boyfriend later into the night and doing homework on her computer. That’s the last we know of her whereabouts.”

From the Fox news article linked in post 184, a couple things I found interesting:

"The boyfriend of missing college student Mollie Tibbetts told Fox News Channel in an exclusive interview Wednesday that he believes the doors of the home she was last staying in were left unlocked."
Is this the first time someone has said definitively the doors were locked or unlocked? So I guess if this is true, then it opens up more possibilities of someone just walking into the home while she is there, unaware, and maybe surprising her before she could react.

"Jack, who has been formally cleared by police in Tibbetts' disappearance, declined to talk about specifics of the case, citing officials' request."
So is LE telling the family a good amount of info after all and they are just not allowed to say?

Additionally, this is the first article I have read that says the last time he saw Mollie was in the morning of the 17. Every other article has said July 16. I don't think this means anything of importance, just another example of confusing/incorrect/conflicting info in an already confusing case.

saying he believed, doesn't mean definitely though. I've only read that there was no signs of a break in.

Thinking about the search. LE must believe she returned home, I think this because they aren't searching for her as if she went missing while jogging. Think about it, she could have been hit by someone and thrown into a field or an area where you wouldn't notice her. How many days did they search along her normal route? Didn't they call off searches early on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel