Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was her eyesight (glasses/contacts) mentioned by the media or something? I missed this part, but find it interesting. Some people wear glasses/contacts but can still see ok enough without them to survive. (I am not one of those people) I get 4pair/yr. Last time I reordered he said 1 pair could last a year if taken care of. So without knowing her specific situation, who really knows? I do realize that wearing daily throw aways are the norm...but if that’s the case, is her vision too bad for her to survive without them? (Mine are coopervision hydrasoft toric btw)
My thing is...how do they know she didn't take 2 of the new (sealed) contacts with her from the contacts box? Sure, she may have left lenses in a contact case, but the contacts I get come 8 in a box (for each eye), and those are sealed in a sterile liquid. There's no chance anyone in my house has any idea how many pairs are left in the boxes. The mom seemed confident that she didn't have her contacts but was her mom keeping count of her contacts as they were worn? Doubt it. Just another thought...

Not saying I approve of this, but my kids are all adults (college age) and I can't force them to do anything different than what they do.

They wear their contacts for many months longer than they are supposed to (theirs are, I believe to be worn 2 weeks). The eye doctor always compliments them on how healthy their eyes are. They don't take them out until they are obviously on their last leg or they get something in an eye. The eye dr. tries to sell us a year's supply at a time and the kids always insist one box will be more than enough to get them through the year. And it does. And they have some left when I take them in again.

I do not believe she left voluntarily, but if she did, I don't think she would necessarily be worried about stocking up on lenses. Her mind would be on other things.
I have to share that I also had this habit and it lasted years until my eye doc told me he could see evidence of vessels growing in a certain way because they were deprived of oxygen. (I'm paraphrasing - it was so long ago I don't recall the exact terms.) I let him fit me with a more uncomfortable lens to help me break the habit.

The father of 20-year-old college student Mollie Tibbetts said in an exclusive interview with Fox News Channel Wednesday that “the bottom line is somebody knows something” regarding the mysterious disappearance of his daughter.

Rob Tibbetts, urging the public to come forward, said in a small city like Brooklyn, Iowa, “you can’t do anything there without someone seeing it.”

Tibbetts said Mollie always carried her iPhone around and “like every other young person her age she is constantly online.”

“It’s absolutely not like Mollie to not respond to her phone,” Tibbetts told Fox News.

Mollie Tibbetts' dad urges any witness to 'come forward,' says 'somebody knows something'

My thing is...how do they know she didn't take 2 of the new (sealed) contacts with her from the contacts box? Sure, she may have left lenses in a contact case, but the contacts I get come 8 in a box (for each eye), and those are sealed in a sterile liquid. There's no chance anyone in my house has any idea how many pairs are left in the boxes. The mom seemed confident that she didn't have her contacts but was her mom keeping count of her contacts as they were worn? Doubt it. Just another thought...
I agree with you on this observation, and make the assumption there were contacts in a case, in solution, not new contacts.

The father of 20-year-old college student Mollie Tibbetts said in an exclusive interview with Fox News Channel Wednesday that “the bottom line is somebody knows something” regarding the mysterious disappearance of his daughter.

Rob Tibbetts, urging the public to come forward, said in a small city like Brooklyn, Iowa, “you can’t do anything there without someone seeing it.”

Tibbetts said Mollie always carried her iPhone around and “like every other young person her age she is constantly online.”

“It’s absolutely not like Mollie to not respond to her phone,” Tibbetts told Fox News.

Mollie Tibbetts' dad urges any witness to 'come forward,' says 'somebody knows something'

RBBM
Sadly, I think that is not always the case, or we would not have so many unsolved crimes/missing persons. :(

Has this statement been posted?

“Mitch Mortvedt, a spokesman for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) tells Local 5 more than a dozen agents from his group and the FBI have been conducting searches of several properties in Iowa, including a hog farm, but nothing has been found. He added the searches have not expanded outside the state and there are currently no suspects in the case.”

Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: A timeline of events

I agree with you on this observation, and make the assumption there were contacts in a case, in solution, not new contacts.
Yes, I believe that to be true, but she may have had new, sealed lenses on her person. They come in a tiny little plastic container and are easy to have with you. Here's a pic.
DSC03037.jpg

Someone up thread suggested her BF may have noticed what she was wearing in the snapchat.
Also, surely he would recognize his own house
This was discussed at length the other day in a different thread, and I think the consensus was that it depends on the picture.

For example, if you look at her last Instagram post, you wouldn't be able to tell where that is but the lighting does suggest it is inside. Mollie Tibbetts on Instagram: “Wanted to post a picture of something fun I’ve done this summer but then I remembered I suck at taking pictures so here’s a selfie”

Last edited:
Someone asked... here are the rules for social media..
Allowed

Public Pages

Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

This was discussed at length the other day in a different thread, but I think the consensus was that it depends on the picture.

For example, if you look at her last Instagram post, you wouldn't be able to tell where that is but the lighting does suggest it is inside. Mollie Tibbetts on Instagram: “Wanted to post a picture of something fun I’ve done this summer but then I remembered I suck at taking pictures so here’s a selfie”

I can't be here all of the time and because things move so quickly, I do miss things.
You can see what she is wearing though

It seems as if she shared the car with her brother, so she wouldn't have the keys, if her brother drove it to the mom's, as it sounds like. He would have the keys to the car.

I don't know that we know how many sets of keys there are to the car. It's possible that they each had a set, or that they left the keys in the car all the time so the other could just jump in and go. Cars generally come with two sets.

I can't be here all of the time and because things move so quickly, I do miss things.
You can see what she is wearing though
I wasn't suggesting you should be here all the time or remember it. I was merely describing the results of that conversation as I remember them as pertains to whether it's possible to tell where someone is in a photo.

Yes, you can see what she's wearing, but it is unclear where it was taken.

Yes, I believe that to be true, but she may have had new, sealed lenses on her person. They come in a tiny little plastic container and are easy to have with you. Here's a pic.
DSC03037.jpg
Hi, yes, I know that is what they look like. I'm under the assumption she DOES NOT have any of those new contacts with her. I think her family stated she doesn't have them because her contacts, the already worn pair were found in a case, in solution, waiting to be put back in.

I'm not sure if she means that literally - before LASIK I would say something similar about myself even though I could read and see well enough to talk to people, take a shower, make coffee, etc. You wouldn't want me on the road.

Also when I was nearsighted insurance covered either glasses or contacts. I don't remember them ever covering both. It's possible that MT took an old pair of glasses - most of us who've worn glasses for a while have a bunch of pairs around the house.

I didn't take it in the literal sense either and wish we could hear more about her eyesight from her family. I will also add that nobody I know - friends or family - would have any insight into how many pairs of glasses I have. I would have to stop and think about it myself, lol.

While you are not wrong in that they can tell us what they want and how they want...but they need to be careful if that is true. They are asking the public and family to trust them yet deliberately lying? If we look at that scenario, what is the end game in doing so? Tactics generally through PC's are giving a small bit of info to see who talks more than they should or put heat on someone. But lets say that is the case and this "POI" does something else...then what would they do? Yes they can monitor folks but that is a VERY dangerous game to play. I still contend as well with my background and knowledge...they probably have a lot of info from the digital devices. They are probably close to certain what the end result is...now they need motive, intent, POI/suspects etc. I've never seen LE purposely look inept or dumb for any purpose. Simply not sharing for a given reason or legit tactics sure.

I totally agree. Not ONE piece of info aside from what she was wearing. That's it. AFter 2 weeks? This is just awful

Someone up thread suggested her BF may have noticed what she was wearing in the snapchat.
Also, surely he would recognize his own house
I was thinking the same thing - about his ability to recognize his own house - and maybe even a few other places they frequented. Probably not a lot of options of places to go in a small town. So it's strange that the statement about the Snapchat is that, "She was indoors/inside" (I don't remember which word it was). Was that actually what was said, I wonder? That gives me the impression she was in a building, but not one he recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel