Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
whomever done this, would of done it before the sun came up

Last edited:
If Mollie has mailed a letter to Mom or Dad, I think they would give LE a thought she was alive, held captive, and from the way that press conference went, I don't think LE would tell us. Anyone think it's a possibility?

One of the theories I am trying to keep open is that Mollie is alive being held. This is just such a strange case compared with all of the others I have followed closely over the years.
I have wondered if Mollie or the perp has contacted the LE or family and this is what is prompting LE to say they believe she is alive and also tip toe through the PC's. I think it is possible.
JMO

One thing that sticks with me is, before the FBI came in and shut down all details from coming out, either the sheriff or DCI (Mortvedt?) said her jog lasted only about 15 minutes - from 7:30 to 7:45, later we heard she apparently did homework that evening, but no one since has mentioned that very short jog she took.

Another thing, wasn't the house only purchased this past April? If so, not a lot of time for her to basically be "living there" once she came home from college for the summer.

RSBM.

Regarding the short jog, I remember thinking about that, too, but I think it was more that that was the time frame around which they thought she'd been jogging, not necessarily that she was ONLY jogging in that time frame. Like, that was when they could confirm it, maybe via witnesses or whatever, but it could also have been going on before/ after that point. JMO.

Regarding the home for the summer, the purchase was before then according to real estate sites, but regardless school for her was done very early May so she would have been back in Brooklyn most of May and all of June already.

Last edited:
He was in the middle of the field beside her house. This is a few minutes from me. Highly recommend the book "A New Kind of Monster" about him if anyone wants to read about that case.

<respectfully snipped>

Russell Williams definitely puts a new spin on thinking outside the box when it comes to serial murderers. He was so very cautious, calculating, and organized with each and every home invasion and murder. Nothing was by chance, and the only reason he was caught was because of a police check-stop at a specific time of day for an unusual tire tread.

What I find strange is that if the motive was a relatively fast attack, why not do that in the house? Why risk moving Mollie to another location? Do you think that might have something to do with why LE seem to be saying there's a good chance Mollie is still alive?

And how does LE saying they think Mollie is alive, and the new reward being for getting Mollie home alive, match with so many family members and friends talking of Mollie in the past tense?
I try not to get hooked up on the past tense- at least not for now- I think of it as when family and friends talk about Mollie they talk in past tense because she is presently not here meaning not here at this very moment- I don't think their use of past tense means they feel she is deceased.

I tried to quote the post but it’s acting weird. In a post above someone said it was against TOS to discuss a scenario that she willingly left with someone she knew and that person turned on her. I’m confused. That seems to be a likely scenario that many are discussing. Is there something wrong with saying that??

I am very curious as to if any veterans here suspect a random abduction? And if so, why? Tia.

Just food for thought...Mollie's father mentioned it was now a nationwide search. I found the information on Adam Leroy Lane interesting considering the home Mollie was staying at was close to major roads and in a rural community where a long haul trucker could park over night. Probably far fetched..

A week and a half after that, long-haul trucker Adam Leroy Lane, who was based in North Carolina, walked to residences near a Route 78 truck stop in New Jersey, looking for an unlocked door. Monica Massaro was found dead later with multiple stab wounds to her head and upper body.

The next night in Massachusetts, 15-year-old Shea McDonough’s muffled sounds of struggle roused her parents, who walked into her bedroom to witness Lane standing over her bed, holding a knife to her throat.

https://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-serial-killing-long-haul-truckers/

<respectfully snipped>

Russell Williams definitely puts a new spin on thinking outside the box when it comes to serial murderers. He was so very cautious, calculating, and organized with each and every home invasion and murder. Nothing was by chance, and the only reason he was caught was because of a police check-stop at a specific time of day for an unusual tire tread.
people like that leave a trail

<modsnipped>
The wedding ceremony was to take place in the Dominican Republic on Saturday August 4th. The travel to the Dominican Republic was to start either today or tomorrow. The reception for those people not going to the Dominican Republic was for August 25th in Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just food for thought...Mollie's father mentioned it was now a nationwide search. I found the information on Adam Leroy Lane interesting considering the home Mollie was staying at was close to major roads and in a rural community where a long haul trucker could park over night. Probably far fetched..

https://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-serial-killing-long-haul-truckers/
I dont because the phone came with her out of the house. Now how well she might of known the person is a different subject

<respectfully snipped>

He was spotted in the field the night he took Jessica though. The stop on roads, were setp up in every which direction to nab the tires. Like msot, once they get confident they get sloppy. He also had the benefit of never being seen as a suspect because of his job. Police just bypassed his place because of his Military title on many occasions. So sad. This was my town and I knew the one victim.

When LE was searching for the killer, there was media blasts everywhere for women to be safe, dont go straight home, change your routine etc. It was a terrifying time.

This is curious. Why would they postpone the wedding that's a month out? I'm pretty sure I read that their wedding has been postponed.

The wedding was going to take place tomorrow, Aug. 2.

If Mollie's fitbit and phone are missing, but her wallet and glasses were found in the house, I would assume that she went missing during waking hours (she was wearing her fitbit and had the phone in a pocket--which would be unlikely if she were in her pajamas in bed). I would also assume that she did not go missing at the time she was heading off to work as she likely would have brought her wallet and glasses to her job. I'm undecided if I think she was abducted during her jog or sometime after.

The snapchat photo that her bf opened around 10pm could have been taken when she first arrived at his home around 5:30pm--maybe it was her way of communicating that she was there and the dogs were being cared for.

I'd love to know if LE determined if she slept in her bed that night and/or showered at some point. Were any of her jogging clothing or shoes found at the home--would it be normal for her to change or remain in her athletic clothing? Any dinner or breakfast dishes? Did the dogs have fresh food/water? Had the dogs had any 'accidents' in the basement, suggesting they had been left unattended for longer than normal? LE states that they have a fairly tight timeline so I'm guessing they have determined her movements up until she disappeared.

Knowing the timing of her use of her computer to do 'homework' is key. Would there have been anyone she would have invited over to study with or do a homework project together? Maybe an acquaintance from her class?

Unless I'm on the internet a lot or using gps while traveling, my phone holds a charge for a couple of days. Probably not comparable usage for Mollie who seems to text a lot. I wonder when she last charged. I don't mean to start a long discussion, but what would you say is normal battery life for someone like Mollie? Is it even feasible to consider or are there too many variables?
Seems she would have put her phone on charger at bedtime?

Mollies age group would likely fall asleep while on the phone watching videos or whatever. My kids phone is always in his bed if he is - sometimes plugged into the wall outlet with him half tangled in the cord, blaring netflix and sometimes he wakes with no charge at all. JMO If she was aroused from bed, her phone was probably in her hand. JMO.

If Mollie's fitbit and phone are missing, but her wallet and glasses were found in the house, I would assume that she went missing during waking hours (she was wearing her fitbit and had the phone in a pocket--which would be unlikely if she were in her pajamas in bed). I would also assume that she did not go missing at the time she was heading off to work as she likely would have brought her wallet and glasses to her job. I'm undecided if I think she was abducted during her jog or sometime after.
<respectfully snipped>

Fitbit is a wrist-watch type thing, isn't it? Don't people sleep with it to analyze their sleep cycles and other vitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoriVee