Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wondering what pointed them to Utah originally.

Did Mollie meet someone online from Utah?
Mollie recently attended her Dad's wedding, and I recall "Utah" coming up after somebody reported that Mollie may have wanted to visit wedding guests from Utah. I believe it was early speculation as it died down quickly.

Agree with you on the logic but a few things stand out to me in this case:

- If that happened and she let dogs out of basement when she got back from the run, you would think they'd immediately pick up the scent of a strange person in the home and go to them or at least be excited/bark/etc. This would alert MT that something is wrong

- This also wouldn't give the intruder the element of surprise and even if MT walked around to investigate, she'd either have time to send some kind of alert message to someone

- Let's say the intruder g
RSBM

That is an excellent point! If all the beds were made - especially in a particular manner that the homeowners usually made them - it would certainly seem to indicate that Mollie never made it to bed the night of the 18th.

Many young people don't bother making their beds at all! So a made bed of a 20 yo would be highly suspicious. I am highly suspicious of neighbors in the immediate area. To me it seems obvious she went willingly with someone she knew.. leaving wallet and contacts/ glasses behind makes me think she didn't think she was going very far or for very long.

RSBM.

Regarding the short jog, I remember thinking about that, too, but I think it was more that that was the time frame around which they thought she'd been jogging, not necessarily that she was ONLY jogging in that time frame. Like, that was when they could confirm it, maybe via witnesses or whatever, but it could also have been going on before/ after that point. JMO.

Regarding the home for the summer, the purchase was before then according to real estate sites, but regardless school for her was done very early May so she would have been back in Brooklyn most of May and all of June already.

I could have sworn that when he was discussing the jog time he distinctly mentioned it was only for about 15 minutes. I don't remember if it was in an article or a video though, but many posters mentioned how unusual such a short jog was for someone who had a passion for it and went on a run.

Many young people don't bother making their beds at all! So a made bed of a 20 yo would be highly suspicious. I am highly suspicious of neighbors in the immediate area. To me it seems obvious she went willingly with someone she knew.. leaving wallet and contacts/ glasses behind makes me think she didn't think she was going very far or for very long.

First time poster here. I haven't read every word of all 9 threads yet, but I've read enough to throw this theory out there. If it's already been discussed, forgive me because I know from other message boards how annoying that can be.

Let me circle back to the mystery of the dogs. Why were those dogs in the basement if Mollie was home? How can this be reconciled with the info that the dogs get free rein of the house if Mollie is home? Let's play a what if? game. What if at about 9:30 that night the dogs start barking at a window and maybe even growling? Mollie is confused because she doesn't see anything unusual when she looks out the window. Maybe she's thinking they were barking at a squirrel. She tries to get them to stop barking, but they just won't have it. Maybe she's thinking "oh come on, I don't need to deal with this right now, it's getting late and I'm trying to do my homework". So she puts the "misbehaving" dogs in the basement so she can get some peace and quiet and get back to doing her homework. The whole time this is happening, she's completely unaware that there IS someone lurking right outside the house. She misinterpreted the dogs alerting on the intruder as them misbehaving or getting wound up over a wild animal, not knowing that they're trying to protect her.

I could have sworn that when he was discussing the jog time he distinctly mentioned it was only for about 15 minutes. I don't remember if it was in an article or a video though, but many posters mentioned how unusual such a short jog was for someone who had a passion for it and went on a run.
I'm trying to find that, too. I remember the discussion of it because I remember thinking it was weirdly short, too, but I think I just discounted it as more incomplete reporting that was just when she was seen jogging.

So far Google has only provided me with inaccurate/ out of date articles that don't explicitly mention that, though.

Oh, I did find this from an interview with the sheriff last Wednesday:
Kriegel: Yeah we think we have a reasonable timeline that she was out jogging from 7:30 to quarter to 8.
Source: Sheriff: boyfriend and brothers of Mollie Tibbetts aren't suspects

I'm still not convinced that's the only time she was jogging, rather that that's what they can confirm via witnesses, though the wording is ambiguous and open to interpretation.

Last edited:
5'3" / 120lbs tells me everything I need to know. The same scenario has played out so many times in the past with missing women who're short & lean. 90%+ of the time they're abducted by men who're taller & stronger than them. There's nothing to speculate about really. Some man abducted her, most likely a sexual predator, and she's dead now. Has anyone looked at the sexual predator list in the area? I don't believe some stranger from out of town targeted her. 99.999999%+ of America has never heard of Brooklyn, Iowa which has a population of only 1,500 people.

Her social media probably showed a pattern i.e what she did first thing in the morning...did she go to FB or Snapchat etc, like a post or two, text her BF or friends from work...if she did none of these things, she was never there to wake up, imo. But this still does not tell us if she left or was coerced.

As far as the idea that she went willingly with someone and it “turned sour”, how could LE know this? Assumption by her not contacting family by now? It would depend upon why, if she did leave, she went.

First time poster here. I haven't read every word of all 9 threads yet, but I've read enough to throw this theory out there. If it's already been discussed, forgive me because I know from other message boards how annoying that can be.

Let me circle back to the mystery of the dogs. Why were those dogs in the basement if Mollie was home? How can this be reconciled with the info that the dogs get free rein of the house if Mollie is home?

Welcome to Websleuths!

RSBM. Do we actually know that the dogs were in the basement? I feel like this is something we keep revisiting but a Google search shows me no MSM with this info except mercurynews.com (who says I have reached my article limit, so I can't even read the actual story). Anyone have confirmation on this? TIA!

Let me circle back to the mystery of the dogs. Why were those dogs in the basement if Mollie was home? How can this be reconciled with the info that the dogs get free rein of the house if Mollie is home? Let's play a what if? game. What if at about 9:30 that night the dogs start barking at a window and maybe even growling? Mollie is confused because she doesn't see anything unusual when she looks out the window. Maybe she's thinking they were barking at a squirrel. She tries to get them to stop barking, but they just won't have it. Maybe she's thinking "oh come on, I don't need to deal with this right now, it's getting late and I'm trying to do my homework". So she puts the "misbehaving" dogs in the basement so she can get some peace and quiet and get back to doing her homework. The whole time this is happening, she's completely unaware that there IS someone lurking right outside the house. She misinterpreted the dogs alerting on the intruder as them misbehaving or getting wound up over a wild animal, not knowing that they're trying to protect her.

Great theory on the dogs, and very possible IMO. With my one Lab, I can read him like a book, but when I had 2 dogs, sometimes they just barked for any ole reason. Welcome!!

5'3" / 120lbs tells me everything I need to know. The same scenario has played out so many times in the past with missing women who're short & lean. 90%+ of the time they're abducted by men who're taller & stronger than them. There's nothing to speculate about really. Some man abducted her, most likely a sexual predator, and she's dead now. Has anyone looked at the sexual predator list in the area? I don't believe some stranger from out of town targeted her. 99.999999%+ of America has never heard of Brooklyn, Iowa which has a population of only 1,500 people.
I’m sorry but this type of thinking is why web sleuthing so often turns into a joke. When you let your unfounded fears become your reality even when ZERO evidence supports it this whole forum is delegitimized.

I also wanted to add that by announcing a presser for Friday, it would keep people off their backs for a few days. People, even on WS, were asking why we don’t see all the LE working the case, lined up, on stage so to speak, in constant PCs. Pulling a pc together takes some time and it also takes these investigators away from their jobs.

Appreciate your insight. It is a waste of space for everyone when others criticize LE in this situation. What does it accomplish? Nothing. LE is not going to release information unless they believe it will help find Mollie and bring justice. Everyone's time would be better spent determining why LE is not releasing any information. Clearly they have a lot of information. They have a timeline, they know whether she was on the computer, they likely know where her phone last pinged, they likely know other phones that pinged in the same area, etc. My theories on why LE would not be releasing information:
1. She left on her own. I don't believe this is the case given the lack of car and how much was left behind.
2. She is being held by someone and they're not sure who or they know who but not sure where.
3. She is no longer alive and they have a good idea of the suspect, have the suspect under surveillance, and are putting a case together and find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch