Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry , just keep jumping on this thread as time allows....

I was under the impression her phone was left at the house ?
Apparently not .*sigh*

Hope there's an arrest soon --- if harm was done to her. :(
Just seems like it was a perp who knew her schedule. (And knew her personally --- or at least knew who she was.)

No. His presence was planned months in advance. The Iowa fair is a major political event. This was simply a coincidence, nothing more than that.

Also he was the Governor of Indiana. This is the exact type of community leadership former Governors & Mayors do. If it happened in Utah, you know Mitt Romney would be there. If it happened in NY, you know Mike Bloomberg would be there. Don't think it has anything to do with politics or the specific case.

Washington Post says suspect is subject to a federal immigration detainer. "Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally."
Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer
Someone asked about the immigrant community several threads back. A local replied there weren’t very many. Ugh. I will be so sad if this plays out this way... for multiple reasons. Awful

I'm just going to observe a moment of silence for Mollie before the press conference begins. It seems right to me.

Also want to send my heartfelt best wishes to the first responders today who will surely be tormented by this day forever.

I don't think this was a vehicular homicide. I think that she must have known this guy, however slightly and that maybe he'd even shown an interest in her. It would make sense given her father's earlier statements that he thought that she was with someone and that person had misconstrued the situation.

I've seen many in these threads express the fact that they feel more than one person was involved in this. I Just wanted to let you know that I agree with your sentiment. Hopefully the truth will eventually come out. I feel so bad for the family, but at least she is not feeling any pain any more.

On a separate note, please people.....be vigilant and aware of your loved ones, especially children. There are so many sick people who's minds are twisted from watching extreme *advertiser censored* and all kinds of other things. We HAVE to protect the people we love.

And females....please please please be careful when you are out and about by yourselves. There are people driving around looking for opportunities to present themselves. Where I live, a girl was jogging 2 weeks ago, and a guy pulled up to her in the middle of a busy neighborhood, and tried to abduct her!!! Luckily she fought him off, but she could have been another statistic had she been unlucky. I understand the sentiment that people don't want to live in fear......but we live in a very sick world.

Be careful out there, people.

Iowa state investigators said Tuesday they have a suspect in custody who is subject to a federal immigration detainer, typically an indication that the person is present in the United States illegally.

“We’re not going to release anything more until the press conference,” said Mitch Mortvedt, the assistant director of Iowa’s Division of Criminal Investigation. He said officials would provide more details at a press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. central time.

Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

Also he was the Governor of Indiana. This is the exact type of community leadership former Governors & Mayors do. If it happened in Utah, you know Mitt Romney would be there. If it happened in NY, you know Mike Bloomberg would be there. Don't think it has anything to do with politics or the specific case.

Iowa and Indiana are 2 different states... separated by Illinois in between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member