Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, the gun thing isn’t annoying. I have somewhere in the range of 20-23 guns. I even have *gasp* an “assault rifle!! o_O

Just because a person has guns doesn’t mean they’re going to kill someone so come off it.

This dbag could have strangled her for all we know. Or used a knife. Or rope. Or fork. Seriously, let it go.

Did he assault her when he caught up with her, and kill her, then take her away in the car? Or did he manage to get her in his car and then take her to the spot and dump her? The area is far from her jogging route no? or was she jogging on that very road.

"He parked the car, ran along side her. She denied him, he "blacked out", which he claims he does when he gets very mad. He came to, with headphones in his lap, realized he had put her in the trunk. He went to get her out of the trunk, saw blood on the side of her head.

He described the females clothing, including ear phones. During interview, he dragged on her foot from his vehicle to the cornfield. Put her over his shoulder, buried her in corn leaves, and left." Per HLN anchor reading affadavit right now.

Jesus. Poor poor Mollie. Apologies if this is against rules. Just thought people would want to know, I'm sure the affadavit will be released shortly.

LE was so very professional and kind. JMO. LE shared as much as he could. TG for the person who provided the home video which led them to the perp. Wow, LE started questioning him yesterday. Got her back this morning. I know someone mentioned why not a corn field. LE said she was covered with corn stalks. I’m sorry for the entire community. I still, as long as I live, will never understand how one human decides another human’s life is less or not important at all..so they end it.

From what we have learned, this crime was incredibly brazen, and one of opportunity. The arrest affidavit, says he parked his vehicle, got out and jogged alongside her. He became angry when Mollie threatened to call police. He attacked her and put her in the trunk. He dragged her from vehicle to cornfield, put her over his shoulder, and carried her to location where she was found. Face up, covered in corn. Sounds like this all happened very quickly and she was beaten to death, on account of the blood he descrivbed seeing when he “blacked out.”
link to affidavit or upload? TIA so sad...

DlJy1iaVsAEdX-4.jpg

The Affidavit

Am I the only not confident with this

Investigators: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts death is in custody, subject to immigration detainer

I don’t believe this is the case at all. Still thinking a local !
But wouldn't he have been considered sort of a local? I believe LE said he had been there somewhere between 4-7 years. I'm curious if Mollie had ever had any prior contact with him. You know seen him at the store several times kind of thing. I don't know that I ever heard anyone ask that question, but I got in to the PC kind of late.

Hoping and praying for simple justice for Mollie's family and her poor BF. This case always reminded me of the Jennifer Kesse disappearance, and it still does now. Hoping for justice in Jennifer's case too one day. RIP Mollie.

This case makes me want to lock my 16-yo daughter up and never let her walk alone or go anywhere by herself ever again.

I realize it's actually quite rare for a person to be snatched off the street but being a WSer where we see this stuff more often than probably the average person, it makes me paranoid and trusting of NO ONE.

I agree. I wonder sometimes if I’m doing myself and my daughter any favors by immersing myself in cases like this. Watering my plants a few moments ago, a gentleman walked by and said hello, very polite, friendly.

Of course, I memorized his clothing, hairstyle, facial hair and looked for tattoos. Stared at him until he was no longer in sight to see if he was getting into a car so I could remember color, make and model. He really gave me no reason to do these things.

I’m just so devastated today. RIP Mollie and God Bless your family.

I want to thank LE for their hard work. They didn't give up and the located Mollie along with the suspect. Some people are so hard on LE but I think they did a great job in this case.

5 weeks when they had CCTV of her and the suspect trailing her on her route. I know they had a lot of tips and information to deal with but securing and reviewing CCTV should be number 1. 5 weeks is a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz