Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarrabee Farms: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts murder was employee in good standing[/QUOTE]

"....where Rivera was being held on $1 million cash-only bond."

Legal Question: When you admit to committing murder, you're still eligible for bail?
Because he hasn't been convicted in a court of law?

I didn't realize that bail would be an option after admitting guilt.
I absolutely hate that he hurt Molly.

Exactly! Biggest part of the puzzle conveniently missing.
Exactly what I was thinking! Let's see, he was driving along and all of a sudden came to and thought to himself, "something makes me think I have a body in the trunk. I have an earbud in my hand, so it must be! Better check!" This guy is even dumber than I thought.

A coworker let me know this afternoon that Mollie's body had been found. The first words out of my mouth were, "was she in the corn?" I had a bad feeling from the very beginning that she met with harm on her run and it was where she would be found. Such a tragic and terrible ending to this young woman's story. My heart goes out to her family and friends mourning a beautiful life extinguished. Thank you Websleuths members for your genuine care and thoughfulness evident in 34 threads where every possible scenario was explored in thousands of posts.

"Today, the road all runners come,
Shoulder-high we bring you home,
And set you at your threshold down..."
To an Athlete Dying Young, A. E. Housman

Then the next question should be, where are the other bodies? If this is a usual experience for him, then where are the other people he's killed?
Because of his age and the unrefined nature of his crime, I think it’s likely that this is his first murder. I’d be willing to bet that he didn’t start with murder though, and there may be some sexual assault history. He may not have been very mobile, so they may not have to look at a wide area in order to link any other crimes to him.

If I can't post this please remove. Maybe a local can confirm, but Google produces two locations for Yarrabee farms (one in town and one at the farm south of town). The one shown in town is right down the street from the Jack's residence and would have probably been in sight of her running south.

Google Maps
Welcome to Websleuths, Wibb!

I am curious if he had been under surveillance, or what LE found on her facebook messages. We know that his ex was FB friends with all the Tibbetts, including Mollie. I have been wondering if this wasn't the first time he had bothered her, tried to flirt. etc.

JMO
I personally think he approached her previously but kept things friendly. They probably chatted casually once or twice before while she was on her jogs. He developed a fixation, and he lost it when she didn't reciprocate.

4de7ad19-692e-484b-a0ed-94090005d661-0821_tibbetts_presserrwhite_00560.JPG

Family and friends huddle around Mollie Tibbetts' mother Laura Calderwood (center, in blue), including Tibbetts' brother, Jake Tibbetts (back left), as Iowa DCI announces murder charges Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018, in the Mollie Tibbetts investigation. Tibbetts was last seen July 18, 2018, after going for a jog in Brooklyn, Iowa.

Photos: Investigators announce charges in Mollie Tibbetts case

The thread is about Mollie. Mollie. The thread is not about politics, not about gender differences, not about masculinity, not about sexism, and not about illegal immigration. The thread is about Mollie and what Cristhian Bahena Rivera did to end her life.

It is about this beautiful girl:
ddd2b1e0-6404-4146-b72e-b1b53ff955d5-mollietibbetts.desmoines.jpeg

link to graphic

I can't believe what I read on the last thread. I am still shaking my head. How did the focus get away from this precious girl to extraneous topics and antagonism between posters? The world is mourning Mollie and people are arguing on Websleuths. Unbelievable...
Do we know where he lived or where he worked?
Do we know where he lived or where he worked?
Yes, but are we allowed to post it ?

Because of his age and the unrefined nature of his crime, I think it’s likely that this is his first murder. I’d be willing to bet that he didn’t start with murder though, and there may be some sexual assault history. He may not have been very mobile, so they may not have to look at a wide area in order to link any other crimes to him.

I wonder, too, if maybe he had drugs in his system, which, depending on which kind, can make people more impulsive and risky in their behavior.

If he indeed has an anger problem (as he himself seems to have said) it would seem he would at least have a bit of domestic stuff on his record, although with illegals I’m not sure how much of a record they are allowed to have....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member