Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of the kidnapping and murder of a teacher, years ago, in Plentywood, MT, she loved running early in the morning, and was kidnapped while running.

It makes me sad, that while running alone is safe 99.99% of the time, there is still a chance of it not being safe.

I sincerely hope that Mollie was not abused as well.

Here's something that makes me scratch my head. He says he followed her, she told him she was going to call the police and he blacked out until he was sitting in his truck and somehow knew he had put her in the trunk. If that were true, then how did he have the foresight during that "block" time to disable her phone and fitbit?

Here's something that makes me scratch my head. He says he followed her, she told him she was going to call the police and he blacked out until he was sitting in his truck and somehow knew he had put her in the trunk. If that were true, then how did he have the foresight during that "block" time to disable her phone and fitbit?

Exactly! Biggest part of the puzzle conveniently missing.

I apologize if this has already been discussed. This my opinion only.

If you look at CR's FB page, all of the individuals he is following are women.

Also, the question of where did he work, hmmm, is it a coincidence that the body was found near a certain pig farm that had been searched and the pig farmer questioned more than once. Mollie Tibbetts: Heavy police presence near area where local pig farmer lives

Here is a quote from WC, "Cheney said of Tibbetts he had “no idea who she was” and said he suspects “some guy has her.” https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...d-time-about-missing-mollie-tibbetts.amp.html

Yes Harmony, we are grieving the loss of Mollie. She had the world at her fingertips and a loving environment. Some jerk took everything from her and destroyed so many lives. I am so upset over this super unnecessary death of a person that contributed to society.

RIP Mollie

First, I absolutely do not post this with any victim blaming in mind. But, as a runner myself, I know how jarring this kind of story can be. If you, too, are a runner and find yourself worrying about your safety or thinking about how you could protect yourself, I'm putting some safety items below. Disclaimer: I haven't used any of these other than the Garmin tracking. I live in an urban area and I run by myself on a very popular trail. These have been recommended to me by other runners in the past. Thinking I may want one of these before the days get shorter and darker...

Would any of these have helped Mollie? I don't know. None of us might ever fully know what happened and if she had any chance of truly stopping him. But unfortunately, she's not the last female runner who will have a negative encounter, so here are some items that may help deter a future incident.

Just my opinion of course. No sponsorships or ties to any of these items.

3-in-1 Runner pepper spray with adjustable hand strap: 3-IN-1 Runner Pepper Spray with Adjustable Hand Strap | SABRE

Runner alarm: https://www.amazon.com/SABRE-Runner-Personal-Alarm-Weather-Resistant/dp/B01AZ37LAI

Garmin live tracking: Use Garmin LiveTrack to Track Activities in Real Time - Garmin Blog

Strava Beacon live tracking: Strava Beacon (Summit)

Tiger lady self defense tool: Women's Self Defense - Natural scratching tool for women's safety

Go Guarded self defense ring: Go Guarded | Self Defense for Women

Shoe self defense tool:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ETPGP3S//ref=cm_sw_su_dp?&tag=hobbr-20

The thread is about Mollie. Mollie. The thread is not about politics, not about gender differences, not about masculinity, not about sexism, and not about illegal immigration. The thread is about Mollie and what Cristhian Bahena Rivera did to end her life.

It is about this beautiful girl:
ddd2b1e0-6404-4146-b72e-b1b53ff955d5-mollietibbetts.desmoines.jpeg

link to graphic

I can't believe what I read on the last thread. I am still shaking my head. How did the focus get away from this precious girl to extraneous topics and antagonism between posters? The world is mourning Mollie and people are arguing on Websleuths. Unbelievable...

I think we should applaud LE. The family can now bury Mollie and they and we know that this man who did such an unspeakable thing can no longer hurt anyone else. This is no small thing. Nothing in life is certain and none of us are promised tomorrow so hug the people you love and show people you encounter throughout your days kindness.

So he just got angry that she was "threatening" to call police? I mean just back off and move on...I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay