Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They must live a very sheltered life. Either that or completely in denial.. my experience is the opposite, out of all the places I have lived, I have never met one person who said there was no evil in the world. Maybe its a religious thing, or people who somehow like to believe that everyone is inherently " good?" I just can't imagine why people would think that unless they have their head in the sand.

I know about all the bad stuff that goes on in the world. I believe it's done by people, not people possessed by evil. Evil sound like religious stuff to me and I'm a non-believer. To me, saying this guy was evil is making him an 'other' instead of just accepting that regular human beings are capable of doing horrific stuff to each other.

The perp's account of the realization that earbud = trunk captive is absurd unless he's done this before.

I agree. If he truly blacked out and didn't remember anything, he's be wondering why the heck there was a single earbud in his car. If seeing the earbud triggered the recall of the body in the trunk he would have recalled the entire episode, IMHO.

Watching HLN and his girlfriend with the baby are in the courtroom. I hope she is NOT supporting him!
Not unlikely. Curious now about the request for the gag order the judge mentioned. My only hope here is that the guy can't afford a better lawyer than that ambulance chaser there. There is probably a gizzilion reasons he could get off on all sorts of technicalities, especially if the case is primarily built around electronic recordings and cell tower pings. This could go wrong if a smart layer is on it. Sounds like they're already moving towards not guilty defense.
Waiting for the "extorted confession" because of racism claim.

Last edited:
I'm surprised his attny didn't waive the prelim hearing.

The above post # 777 made my hair stand on edge....... :(

Fully agree that this may not have been his first rodeo ; as kidnapping ,assault (if that happened) , and murder display a predilection for such actions.

It is a miracle from God that his ex-girlfriend and little girl are still alive and well - because someone like this would have no problem committing horrific violence against them.

Rivera’s next court date August 31 at 2 pm.

Bond/bail set at $5,000,000.00. Cash his name only.

Aug 31 Preliminary Hearing. 2 pm.

Extended media allowed w 1 video and 1still camera until reviewed by district court judge hearing the full charges.

The way she did the bond I think will not easily allow 5 million people to crowdfund his release. He is right where he’s going to spend the rest of his life and that’s jailed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member