IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was wild to see and read - a major University which depends on other universities' work for the top industry of their state! WOW.

Yes. A top agricultural college often does. These are very hard working people who grew up near farms. I would guess many worked hard in family farms growing up.

Immigrant workers in the other hand do not usually finish high school and go to hard labor jobs as soon as they can. We never used any on the farm. But they don’t receive a good hourly wage and used to be a certain percentage of the crop. Then some owners deduct the cost of housing and food if that’s included. Not much left at the end of the season. Rivera, imo is far below the poverty line. There may well be many other influences in this case.

It also appears that an attorney named Richards was reprimanded in 2993. Maybe due to the BILLION DOLLAR LAWSUIT HE FILED Against TAMA COUNTY officials.

There are lawyers who represent the less fortunate , the underdog just because.

Imo there may be a bunch of quirks in this before a verdict.
I’m just sorry we have to be here at all. No one deserves this. No one.

Was it ever quoted that LE served search warrants for the property where CR lived?? Did he live in one of his employers houses??

I agree. It's much too convenient an excuse.
And it's also has margins that are too neat and tidy. The blackout commences at the place in the story where he then did something to end her life, and he 'comes to' at the place in the story where it was time to drive to a cornfield when he didn't even realize he had a body with him. And where he would later lead LE. How miraculous.

I think he looks strong enough to do what he says he did. He's a farm hand - he does physical labor as a job. I think he could drag and lift Mollie, especially when he knew he had to in order to hide her.

My opinion only.
You know the expression, " it's the power behind the punch?" If he was in a frenzy I believe there were many things he was capable of ...

Well, I watched the video of the proceedings. I don't know if could do what Mr. Richards was doing. That would be tough for me.

As a side note, I felt like there was much tension in there - as one should expect. Yet the accused didn't appear to "blackout" amid all that stress. But then I am not a medical expert.:mad:
wonder if they could test him. would they be allowed to intentionally make him angry to see if he blacks out again. maybe he'll incriminate himself further while he's blacked out.

I agree. It's much too convenient an excuse.

He might have blacked out as he said he had before. But if so it was his actions that caused him to block it out. And if he in fact has had issues in the past it was his responsibility to get help. No excuses. None. Own it you monster
I personally believe he caught her off guard and took her out. SSOS

Last edited:
I am very old. As I age I've realized that I, overall, judge less in black and white and see so much more grey than I did when I was younger (lol, the grandchildren love me for this). I've become so much more understanding and forgiving of mistakes and poor decisions as I've reflected on my own past.
But it angers me that a beautiful young soul can be murdered, her assailant can confess to the crime ~ and yet we are required by law to play the cards by all of the legal requirements. Was he crazy, sick, deprived, misled, manipulated, or otherwise less guilty? Really? The end result is the same: one person decided to take the life of another. Is is really fair to make the victim's family and loved one's lives to further suffer for years of trials and appeals (and publicity) to decide who did what to whom?
As an old and avid follower of the Caylee/Casey Anthony trial, I balk at seeing this person (he is not even a "man" in my mind) have the same opportunity to escape the consequences of his horrendous actions. Casey Anthony's life today has soured me on our legal system. Juries can fail and legal doesn't alway equal justice.
Praying for Mollie's family and loved ones. Life is NOT fair! Hoping the avid WSers here may sleuth out and find facts the State can use in their case.
xoxo from EU

I don’t think any of his story is true. I think Mollie was a fighter. She had taken self-defense classes and worked with victims of domestic violence. I don’t think he approached her, she brushed him off, he approached her again, and then she threatened him with calling the police. She would’ve taken action quickly I think. I bet he caught her off guard completely.

IMO.

I noticed he and Mollie were just about the same height and weight! 5'6" 1 30#.

I'm curious. I just watched CR arriving in court. Did he have on a bullet proof vest under his jail garb?

Clearly we have a murderer who snatched a 20 yr old off the streets who worked for a local company and used a different name on his papers to gain the position. SO the question is

WHO IS THIS GUY? Is his real name Rivera? Is he really from Mexico? Is there any IA or FED law to compell this man to furnish DNA for this case and it be entered in the FBI's database before August 31st his next court date?

Sexual deviants who hunt their prey have used jurisdictional boundaries and aliases to achieve their goals. And they routinely think they are smarter than LE and use every loophole in our criminal justice system to slither away with minimal costs to them.

Mollie's death suggests to me this man - he was 24 yrs old- was escalating. What he had done to others may be very difficult for LE to sort and Prosecutors to prove.

I am saddened we can't look at the loopholes he used to hide in plain sight in Brooklyn, IA.

His employer and community were duped by a criminal.

And I am truly angry right now his attorney is distorting facts of the case to try and confuse the public and possible jury pool.

As far as Allen Richard goes. I found another court case where he was the defendant. I was looking to see if he has done any 1st degree murder cases.

I am confused why he would take this case after applying for a position on the IA Courts which will be filled Sept 3rd. Has the decision be made? He was already notified he didn't get the job?

Anyone?

Right now I am just as curious about Allan Richard as I am about CR - or whoever he is!
https://www.iowacourts.gov/media/documents/0159_8814E6FDBE0B1.pdf

I believe he probably has some previous attempts at these behaviors but not escalated to murder until now. much like Sierra Lamar's killer. this case reminds me of that case a lot. I am glad he at least confessed because Sierra Lamar has never been found.

I am very old. As I age I've realized that I, overall, judge less in black and white and see so much more grey than I did when I was younger (lol, the grandchildren love me for this). I've become so much more understanding and forgiving of mistakes and poor decisions as I've reflected on my own past.
But it angers me that a beautiful young soul can be murdered, her assailant can confess to the crime ~ and yet we are required by law to play the cards by all of the legal requirements. Was he crazy, sick, deprived, misled, manipulated, or otherwise less guilty? Really? The end result is the same: one person decided to take the life of another. Is is really fair to make the victim's family and loved one's lives to further suffer for years of trials and appeals (and publicity) to decide who did what to whom?
As an old and avid follower of the Caylee/Casey Anthony trial, I balk at seeing this person (he is not even a "man" in my mind) have the same opportunity to escape the consequences of his horrendous actions. Casey Anthony's life today has soured me on our legal system. Juries can fail and legal doesn't alway equal justice.
Praying for Mollie's family and loved ones. Life is NOT fair! Hoping the avid WSers here may sleuth out and find facts the State can use in their case.
xoxo from EU
Our justice system needs a huge overhaul!

This may have been mentioned before, but as I watched the court appearance today, CR does not seem to speak or understand English. Yet, he was able to understand and remember that Mollie told him to get away from her (in English)? That makes no sense.

This man obviously thought only of himself. In addition to Mollie's family and friends, his girlfriend and little girl will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

xoxo from EU
Amen EU and ditto for the "I am old...and as I age things become more gray than black and white..."

From what I saw today, I believe CR's lawyer is more about promoting himself --and his causes, than representing CR. MOO...

I felt super uncomfortable observing Allen in court today. It was like watching a third string quarterback come on the field at the two minute warning and the score is tied. Both the State's attorney and the Judge, easily rebutted his poorly worded objections.

The last thing we want is a bumbling attorney defending Rivera! That's what mistrials and appeals are made of. We don't want Mollie's family to suffer any more than they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen