IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't concentrate too much on him; I think there will be a whole defense team; for every thing the prosecution throws at CR; the profile of the case is getting bigger by the day.
I have a hunch this attorney will be replaced before long. An experienced murder defense team will come in.

...or the smell could be written off to a dead deer, dog or other animal, if anyone had a reason to go down that road, slowly, with their windows open. Also, turkey buzzards can be so darned common as to be not noticeable. When I lived in the coutry, in southern Mississippi, there were times I had to stop for the buzzards eating road kill.
Yes living in a rural area this smell is common and doesn't really set off the alarm buttons. Gross but common. Especially when we are talking dead deer, opossums, raccoons, groundhogs, etc.

No accident. And I can't help but wonder about the murder happening in a location other than the road. JMO
Oh I believe in my heart poor Mollie was alive in his trunk that ******.
jmo and now I am seriously wondering what all else he has been involved in. You don't just normally start knifing people.
I don't even want to think of the common uses for machetes in agri-business...
Or possibly in his native culture.

I’ve been saying exactly that in private conversations. I don’t believe he found that spot that night, I think he probably knew of that spot and had been there several time before. We all know of relatively secluded spots where kids go to drink / make out / get high / whatever. That was his spot prior to abducting Mollie.
This makes far more sense than his story of waking up at an intersection and then simply driving to this spot in a cornfield.

It is also fertilizing time, so that smell would greatly mask this one.

Not in Iowa. Crops are nearing maturity, you don't fertilize then. Fertilizing for corn and soybeans is usually done in the fall or early spring.

Police need to talk to people who were at his home when he returned that evening. If his girlfriend knew something and remained silent, she sure made a big mistake. Multiple sharp force injuries would have left blood on Rivera. How did he hide that? How did no one notice that he was missing that evening?
Absolutely true. His clothes would have undoubtedly been covered in blood. How and where did he clean up? And how did no one see him doing this?
He also would have had blood in his car, and that would also require a great deal of cleanup.

Did they hang out together or something; so she couldn't have been too 'freaked'.

I understood her statement to be that she was freaked out by Mollie being missing and talked to everyone one about it. She thought his response was odd but wasn't necessarily freaked out. So there wouldn't have been a huge red flag in her mind.

Sharp force injuries are those consistent with a cutting implement. You’re talking knife, scissors, box cutter etc, and probable death from blood loss.

Blunt force is something like a rock, bat, fist, etc. With something like that you’re going to see fractures and bruising.

The real question is the location of the stabbing. His account made it sound like she was dead before she was carried into the corn and dumped.

I’m now wondering if the murder actually occurred in the corn itself and if SA occurred prior or shortly after death.
My guess the murder happened in the cornfield. Hard to imagine stabbing someone on a road. Maybe in the car.

But makes more logical sense to me that he grabbed her and put her in the trunk, brought her to the corn field, dragged her out of the truck, probably sexually assaulted her, stabbed her, carried her into the corn, and covered her.

All speculation on my part, not fact.

jmo

I travel with extra clothes in my car just in case. Of what, I don't know, but also have medical supplies, food, water, flares, etc. I bet he had at least one other shirt on hand for the humid iowa summer & getting sweaty at work. Burned or dumped the bloody shirt right after somewhere, my guess. And his jeans or shorts, you'd think those would be blood-stained too. :mad:

I wonder if they are analyzing his phone - this attack is now starting to sound like he planned it, brought weapon(s), perhaps knew of the cornfield to take her to - IMO.
He may have simply carried a knife as a matter of routine. Perhaps he kept one on him as an aspect of his job. It doesn’t necessarily mean that there was that level of premeditation, although that is absolutely possible.

Because I don't believe a word the perp says, I keep wondering if her body was truly there on that first night. I also wouldn't be surprised if he put her there much later- days or even weeks. It's not as cut and dry as he says, that's for certain. I just have this feeling she wasn't put there that night. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody