IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's much more to do on a dairy farm than milking cows.

Husbandry is the care of livestock. Breeding could be a part of that, but most likely his duties were general care and feeding. Cow movement would simply be moving the herd from one pasture to another or from the pasture to the barn for milking. Basically he opened gates.

Because that's where they owned a house.

None of which makes it any more likely that he would have used a rope as part of his daily routine.
Whether CR had a rope or not is not really relevant, is it? If you’re considering what he might have had to bind a victim, we’re probably talking about something as simple as zip ties, duct tape, or even his own shirt.

So what will the defense be for this guy since he confessed? Obviously the lawyer is trying to paint a new picture of CR. Thoughts?

Not necessarily. It depends what his job was. A news article says his responsibilities were "cow husbandry and cow movement", his lawyer says he was "responsible for the milk supply". Both of which are pretty vague.
I know people who work with (provide services to) migrants that work at dairy farms like this, and they typically work 16 hours a day, sometimes up to 20-24 hour shifts if they're short handed or whatever, depending on what they're assigned to do. Someone with these responsibilities listed for CR in MSM would probably work long hours (from dawn to dusk this time of year). JMO of course. Only his employer/manager would know for sure.

Whether CR had a rope or not is not really relevant, is it? If you’re considering what he might have had to bind a victim, we’re probably talking about something as simple as zip ties, duct tape, or even his own shirt.
Not to mention that we haven’t heard anything about her being bound in the first place.

Love your comments. I know a handful of ladies that are constantly running or walking alone. I always encourage them to run with a partner or at the very least arm themselves. I often times think that it goes in one ear and out the other. I think for the most part it's just inconvenient for people to schedule a running time with a partner and/or some people just want to run or walk alone too.
One friend calls me when she runs and invites me to follow on my bicycle so that works for both of us.
After following along on WS for many years and seeing the details of some of these cases I can't help but wonder why people aren't more cautious. Maybe they just think it could never happen to them...idk.
Especially today with the wide spread use of drugs and the unpredictable behavior that follows, it is more important than ever to be aware and extra careful..imo
I found a six-pack of mace on-line for $20...so im going to be giving those away soon.

Also, if you watch the video of Chris Watts you might take note of what his throat does when he lies.
His choice of words were another tell. When he said "and i'm going to leave it at that" when speaking of the argument with his wife.
These two things convinced me he was lying early on.
/thanks..n im a cheetos fan too :)
Now you have me curious. I've gotta go back and watch him and read any statements he made. By the way good catch!

Perhaps a phone record where he called in to say he was finished and done for the day.

I doubt it, when your done your done as I said especially if you live on the property.

There has to be something.... you cant just up and leave without notifying at least SOMEONE.

This is farm work, not a 9 to 5.

I also can not say how Yarrabee Farms does it either. I am just quoting the usual.

There are always wild scenarios and suspicions of conspiracies etc...

Jmo this case is as simple as a violent murder can be...we had our missing victim...LE stumbled upon just the right piece of video footage, figured out the vehicle ID, found the driver and he took her to her body. Whether he actually “confessed” officially is yet to be determined. But as good as. No need for making it more complicated.

Jmo

But does anyone really think its even remotely safe to jog anymore , I don't and I haven't for quite sometime . . ..

I've had this talk with one of my daughters since moving to the country. She leaves her door unlocked, keys in her vehicles. "It's safe," she assures me. I assure her it is NOT safe, not any more.

That said, I gave up running outdoors and have a treadmill unless I am running on the weekends with other runners. Where I live, it's just not safe anymore, and probably hasn't been for a long time.
These comments about how jogging isn't safe "any more" show a major misconception. Many people seem to think that society is somehow more dangerous than it used to be. That isn't true. The opposite is true. There are far fewer violent crimes per capita than there were 40 or 50 years ago.

The US population is about 63% higher than it was in 1968, so the total number of crimes may be higher, but that number has not grown nearly as fast as the population. The main reason that the world seems more dangerous is that people hear about more crimes now thanks to social media and 24-hour cable TV. On a per-capita basis, there are fewer rapes, fewer murders, fewer serial killers.

A woman who goes jogging alone isn't completely free of risk, but she's safer now than ever before.

Now, jogging with ear buds in will probably get her run over by a car, and jogging on pavement will probably give her severe osteoarthritis by age 35, but the odds of being attacked are pretty flipping small.

I'd add one thing, either self defense classes or taekwondo. I think it's important for everyone to learn self-defense. And seriously, box cutters. They're cheap, sharp and you can swing wild with them. The point isn't to disable your attacker, it's to surprise them. That moment of surprise can give you a window of opportunity. And never ever ever get into a car or in any way allow to yourself to be taken to a secondary location. Never. Even if you're facing a gun, run. It's not like the movies, moving targets are hard to hit and better to be shot in a residential area, than to be taken to a private location and perhaps never found.
I wish everyone could read your comment. Its spot on!

So what will the defense be for this guy since he confessed? Obviously the lawyer is trying to paint a new picture of CR. Thoughts?

I think the strongest argument that the defense has at this time is tainted jury pool. Politicians in the highest office have declared the suspect guilty. Either the Judge has to declare that the opinions of those politicians do not influence what people believe, or the Judge has to accept that the opinions of those politicians do influence what people believe and there is not a city or town in the country where the jury pool is not tainted.

The defense can further argue that he did everything possible to minimize information that was made public, and that it is the court that chose to publicize all information.

Some sort of insanity defense most likely. His guilt is not in question, and to defend him on those grounds is a recipe for defeat.

I am guessing he will continue with the "block out" rage - and try for manslaughter/accident or something along those lines. I think he acted alone and I think his unwanted advances we are now hearing about perhaps led up to the 18th of July and whatever happened after that date. I agree with the other poster I am very glad he led LE to her body. I just cannot imagine the horror these past weeks have been for her family.

There has to be something.... you cant just up and leave without notifying at least SOMEONE.

I think you can, in this sort of situation. He's worked for them for four years. He knows what needs to be done. He's a responsible worker. (Give the devil his due.) When the work's finished--I think you do 'just up and leave.'

Excuse me for having this dark thought:
Ultimately, I am thankful that CR is in the custody of LE. But part of me wishes that a real-life version of Dexter Morgan existed and before LE apprehended CR that this “Dexter Morgan” had been able to torture (by way of fear) CR so that he could experience the same kind of torture that he inflicted on Mollie. Wishful thinking.

But SO, SO, SO thankful this man was caught so that he will never be able to strike again.

I’m asking myself why he led investigators to the body. You know any motivation the guy has is self-serving, what leverage could possibly be used to wring that out of him? Iowa doesn’t have death penalty to bargain with, so what could it be?

I'm glad they will have that evidence, but find it odd CR said that. He had been living and working in that area for 4 yrs. The field where he placed Mollie's body was only a few miles away from where he lived and worked. The roads there are well marked. There's no way he was lost and needed help to find his way back. Really strange, why would he say that? He's one odd duck. Going out on a limb here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they either discovered his intelligence is below average or he's very poorly educated. His attempts to concoct stories, excuses and alibis are really bad.

I agree with you. However, his statement validates his excuse that he was so disorentated, at the time of the crime, that he can't even remember how he got there, so HIS narrative is internally consistent. He may just be inexperienced with LE, and having to keep his lies straight when it matters. Go back and read the arrest warrent affidavit for CR. It is masterful in how it catches him in this lie. He had to use his phone (providing a digital footprint at the crime scene, and confirmed by his own statement) to find his way out of the cornfields, but lead LE back to the body by memory. Lesson learned is you don't play at the Master's with pros if all you ever played before was putt-putt. He could be smart as as fox, but only as smart as a young fox can be!

I am guessing he will continue with the "block out" rage - and try for manslaughter/accident or something along those lines. I think he acted alone and I think his unwanted advances we are now hearing about perhaps led up to the 18th of July and whatever happened after that date. I agree with the other poster I am very glad he led LE to her body. I just cannot imagine the horror these past weeks have been for her family.
That’s a great point. I guess the most realistic scenario is shooting for a conviction on a lesser count. I just hope that this defense doesn’t tread anywhere near victim blaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T