IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if she even had options for babysitting. Often all the usual babysitters are attending the court proceedings, as well? I guess I don't see why this is a big deal, especially in the big scheme of things. That is getting to be an age where they understand a decent amount of things, though, so I can get the concern after all. I've changed my mind a little lol.

I believe 3. Possibly close to 4.

You're thinking like an American, CR is not. In his cultural frame of reference it's better to cooperate with the Police when questioned, because you don't want to be taken into the back room where things will get MUCH worse. His defense team will likely use this to try and break his Miranda notification, or should. It is in my lifetime that such enhanced interogation tech was used in the country. There are still places in the world where the simbock and rubber hose (with or without your friend a phonebook - no external brusing) are still used. There is a certain wall in the old 1st district police station in New Orleans, where I could still go today and dig out a line of .38 cal slugs that start at the ceiling and end 'just' above where a man's head would be if tied to a chair.

In CR's cultural milieu, when you feel the long arm of LE on your shoulder you talk, or else! I think this puts his Miranda in jeopardy, as all of the best stuff they have on him could be lost as "fruit of the poisoned tree". Though, i think that the State would still have a strong case with the rest of the evidence there are currently developing.

Mexico has a completely different jurisprudence system. It is much more slower moving. Notice how quickly the subject had an initial hearing? In Mexico that would take many more days. The trial itself in Mexico is drawn out in segments over years. There are no 'live' witnesses. There is no jury. The system is ripe for abuse and is not transparent. (the USA is based on the English system and Mexico and a mix but mostly a Spanish system).

The suspect would be exposed to alot more abuse in Mexico IMHO.

I now personally think that he is the Columbo of the Iowa Bar. I'm waiting to see if he turns to a witness in open court, and asks: "just one more thing". Also, I want to know, does he own a Beagle, and what does he drive? Inquiring minds want to know!

WOW are we on opposite sides when it comes to Allen Max Richard.

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/richards11052003rep.pdf

Attorney files $1 billion lawsuit against Tama County officials

https://www.iowacourts.gov/media/documents/0159_8814E6FDBE0B1.pdf

Tama attorney is applicant for Iowa Supreme Court Justice - TamaToledoNews.com | news, information, Iowa, Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

Anyone found a single murder case in IA this attorney has worked?

Anyone in or near Marshall, Tama, or Powershiek ever seen any TV or paper advertisements for him or his firm Richards Law Firm in Tama? If yes, what area of law does the ad mention?

And does anyone know anything about Luther College in IA and what RakeOp is? Apparently Mr. Richards attended (maybe graduated from this liberal arts college in IA), he wrestled during college, and he belonged to some fraternal organization called Rakeop? I have never heard of it. Anyone?

Tama attorney is applicant for Iowa Supreme Court Justice - TamaToledoNews.com | news, information, Iowa, Toledo Chronicle, Tama News-Herald

Anyone in or near Marshall, Tama, or Powershiek ever seen any TV or paper advertisements for him or his firm Richards Law Firm in Tama? If yes, what area of law does the ad mention?

And does anyone know anything about Luther College in IA and what RakeOp is? Apparently Mr. Richards attended (maybe graduated from this liberal arts college in IA), he wrestled during college, and he belonged to some fraternal organization called Rakeop? I have never heard of it. Anyone?
....but he had to pass the Bar.

I didn't understand how he got caught. He was an illegal alien, so I assume he still retained his Mexican citzenship. For less than $200 he could have been on a Greyhound bus out of Des Moines to El Paso. He could have left on a Sunday morning and by the time anyone knew he was missing he would have been almost to El Paso. By Monday afternoon he would be in Mexico. So I looked up extradition treaties and it appears every country south of us has an extradition treaty with the US. I didn't find a single Spanish speaking country that did not have an extradition treaty with the US.

FOund what Rakeop is - Hope OK to use this link. It is the only one I could find that explains it.

(I was wondering if his choice of tie might be tied to one of his college affiliations. Haven't found anything so far. So just makes me think it was to provide spin or grandstanding. Of course, just my opinion).

User:Olsonandrew1/Rakeops - WikiVisually

I think the defense will try to plant doubt that the driver of the car seen on video was actually CR. Maybe it was someone else who has access to that car. Maybe CR confessed to protect someone else and his "blocking out" really means that he doesn't know the details of how she died because he wasn't there. Or maybe CR was present at the time, but wasn't the one who actually killed her. If DNA shows a SA by him, he can say he assaulted her, but didn't stab her but someone else did. He wouldn't necessarily have to name that other person - all they need to do is plant reasonable doubt.

I think there is room for a defense to be built. Whether it's true and/or believable is up to the jury.

FWIW, I think he's the perp from what we know, so please don't take this post as a defense of him. I'm pointing out possible ideas the lawyer might use. I am placing hope on lots and lots of DNA and other physical evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt this is the perp.

JMOpinion.

This is what I was saying yesterday, but my posts got deleted since the affidavit states CR was the driver of the vehicle. I’m glad you mentioned it because I haven’t posted anymore on that topic since.

Something I just now noticed on the arrest warrant - if they thought she was alive past July 18 - would they have left that date open or have put the date of discovery of the body? I just really hope it she didn't suffer.
upload_2018-8-24_16-25-26.png

That’s a great point. I guess the most realistic scenario is shooting for a conviction on a lesser count. I just hope that this defense doesn’t tread anywhere near victim blaming.
They will victim blame, it works because the victim isn't there to defend themselves. The killer can say anything he wants, and she's not there to correct the record. They'll paint him as Ghandi and that only works if she's somehow deserving of being attacked. It's what works because inherently everyone wants to feel safe and feel it can never happen to them, so the defense sells you on why it happened to her but won't ever happen to you. That only happens through blaming the victim, i.e. she yelled at him, she frightened him, she threatened him so he acted in some sort of self defense so if YOU don't act that way you won't get killed while out in public. Everyone on here has thought "what can I do different to make sure this doesn't happen to me". We've talked about pepper spray, bear spray, box cutters, self defense classes, not running alone, not running at all. It's not a leap to sell that safety in a bottle to a jury too. Secondly he'll play on "perception". We won't be able to call him a killer, that's nasty, we'll call him a misguided young family man. We won't call it murder, we'll call it a mistake. Change the words, the rhetoric will follow. It's why we've changed from using "illegal aliens" to "undocumented immigrants". We're all immigrants, and therefore it's changed perception by changing the language, it's no longer "illegal" it's just missing documentation. The same with this. He's not a killer any more, he's a hard working family man who made a mistake. My worst fear is that this will somehow get downgraded to aggravated assault, because this atty isn't stupid no matter how badly he dresses and he's already throwing around words like "perception".

I don't have a problem with the child being there as much as I do with the pictures of the child in news articles and the camera in the courtroom zooming in on the child. I'd agree with others that if I were the mother I would probably leave the kid at home during the court proceedings, but it's still totally unnecessary for any media outlet to post pictures or footage of the child. These proceedings are about what Mr. Rivera did or did not do. I'm comfortable making the assumption that the child didn't participate in the alleged crime so I don't see why the child would need to be in any media coverage whatsoever.

FOund what Rakeop is - Hope OK to use this link. It is the only one I could find that explains it.

(I was wondering if his choice of tie might be tied to one of his college affiliations. Haven't found anything so far. So just makes me think it was to provide spin or grandstanding. Of course, just my opinion).

User:Olsonandrew1/Rakeops - WikiVisually

Keep looking there’s more. Bar association.

Luther College is a fine private college in Decorah Iowa. A Lutheran sponsored school that is known more as a music school. Picturesque.

Being in Tama Co, this attorney has to be in 'general practice'. This aint Chicago or New York or LA. where the big city people specialize. :)

But there is no option to go easier on him, there has to be something that he perceived as beneficial to him. He didn’t just do the right thing to make it easier on everybody else.
I think they used his pride against him. They had listened to his story, but they pretended that there's no way HE would have pulled off this type crime and gotten away with it. The person who took Mollie had to be smarter, better than HE could ever be. CR was just trying to take credit for something that made national headlines to make himself important, but there's NO way he could have accomplished anything this big. The only way to show them he had was to take them to the body. . . His pride. HE was smart enough, he was cunning enough, he COULD do this . . .

I didn't understand how he got caught. He was an illegal alien, so I assume he still retained his Mexican citzenship. For less than $200 he could have been on a Greyhound bus out of Des Moines to El Paso. He could have left on a Sunday morning and by the time anyone knew he was missing he would have been almost to El Paso. By Monday afternoon he would be in Mexico. So I looked up extradition treaties and it appears every country south of us has an extradition treaty with the US. I didn't find a single Spanish speaking country that did not have an extradition treaty with the US.

Some fine points--the last I heard, Mexico wouldn't extradite someone who was facing the death penalty. For a while, they wouldn't extradite anyone who was facing life without the possibility of parole, but I think that has changed.

But I doubt that any of this affected CR's thought processes. I'd guess that he simply assumed--no one saw him, he's safe. LE showing up after 5 weeks must have been an awful shock. (No sympathy at all.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties