Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of Mollie’s family, friends and the community today (Sunday here) as the say goodbye to her. I hope that the service helps the community to heal if possible and the tension subsides. They need to treat each other with kindness just as Mollie would if she were still able.

For some reason the idea came up that CR would not be tried in Iowa (despite the hearing we all just watched that charged him with violations of Iowa law) and would just be deported to walk free instead. A few posters explained why that's unlikely and we got told to google random unrelated concepts. You didn't miss much :rolleyes:o_O

Ok, thank you. I completely missed that out of state part. :)

I had done research on Jodi Arias as to stab wounds before and after death occurs. The body gives tell tale signs on whether the stab wounds take place before death or after death. The coroner will see it and know.
But his body was only like 6 days old. Are you saying they will be able to see this in this case? After 33 days? There is not much to work with. No tissue, organs etc to be able to determine any of those things.

I almost don't want to go there because we're not supposed to talk about immigration, but just to clear up some confusion. There are DHS programs that encourage ICE and local LE to set for deportation people who are identified as being in the country illegally and have previous criminal records. Here is the typical example: a person here on a visa committed a crime, was tried, served a sentence, and was released. Years later they are now overstaying their visa and get pulled over by LE. When LE runs their papers and sees 1) immigration violation and 2) criminal record, they are encouraged to report the person to ICE for deportation. This has nothing to do with being arrested and tried for a current crime.

Hi Al, the above was RBBM. I believe the time and place quoted here refers to the first crime that was committed ~ not the murder. It could have been simple assault or kidnapping; it didn't necessarily have to be the murder. My apologies if this has already been considered.
I don’t think LE wanted to box themselves in a corner they couldn’t get out of at court. Keep in mind, an autopsy hadn’t even been completed when the arrest warrant was filed.

I don't think so. It couldn't upload info it doesn't have, like pulse rate or oxygen levels. But I think the watch would continue to record and upload and info it did get.

They differ in what info they gather and save. DH is an avid runner, and his watch details everything you can imagine, his temp, oxygen levels ~ amazing stuff. It is an expensive one, and as a young college student, she may not have access to an expensive watch.
I can't find the link, but i read it was a gift from her parents or mom. So it could have been an expensive one.

If MT was using her Fitbit and enabled location mapping, the Fitbit app would be collecting its own data (heart rate, steps, altitude, if so equipped) and using the phone's GPS feature for location (hence, the "Fitbit ping" reference) but technically, it is the phone hardware that sends Fitbit data and GPS data via the carrier network to the 'cloud' (specifically, Internet-connected Fitbit servers).
Mainly I'm curious if that is confirmation that Fitbit was on and registering even at the pig farm.

It’s not a drastic move considering the drug war in Mexico. The area that he is from, is incredibly violent, as are many regions of Mexico. There is poverty, crime, and a lack of opportunity. This is why the United States is so attractive to Mexicans, and people from Central America.
I know the various drug cartels are in territorial wars with one another and there is an incredible amount of violence. But what has happened to Mollie also reflects an incredibly violent and hateful mindset and his target is without a doubt young women, all innocent of doing anything to him. No mention of any relationship after he and girlfriend broke up two years ago. I agree with the "toxic masculinity" label I've seen mentioned.

Can you please explain to me what people are discussing. I jumped in and may not be caught up. I feel lost seeing this posts. Are people discussing what can be thrown out in court? Thank you!
Don't ask. It's too complicated, I'm lost too but there's other things to follow..better to go back and read it later

Yes, but it doesn't end there. CR is still illegal, DHS still has a part to play. Iowa will complete their process; trial, conviction, incarceration. At any time at least afterward, DHS may deport CR at will.
If you want to believe that, go for it. I'm confident DHS will be satisfied with a sentence of life without parole and so with the citizens of Iowa.

Does anyone have a link to a gas station clerk that said she saw him come in all the time. Then about 2 weeks ago and never come back...?
The one who said he was a clean cut American person?

I almost don't want to go there because we're not supposed to talk about immigration, but just to clear up some confusion. There are DHS programs that encourage ICE and local LE to set for deportation people who are identified as being in the country illegally and have previous criminal records. Here is the typical example: a person here on a visa committed a crime, was tried, served a sentence, and was released. Years later they are now overstaying their visa and get pulled over by LE. When LE runs their papers and sees 1) immigration violation and 2) criminal record, they are encouraged to report the person to ICE for deportation. This has nothing to do with being arrested and tried for a current crime.

Yes, the young man who was deported to Mexico in June and then murdered after he got there was picked up on a traffic violation and had previous violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member