Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking LE should look farther north....

I've been curious about a connection between Rivera other places in Iowa. All I've come up with is that he has facebook contacts in Tama and Marshalltown, and his uncle may have lived in Blairstown when Rivera first arrived in the USA. I'm sure that police are looking into everything from peeping to assault and murder.

I'm an attorney who litigates in federal court, I don't need to google anything but thanks for the suggestion. I suggest googling "retroactivity." Also, if you want to make a point why don't you just say what you want to say instead of the rude comments.

Can you please explain to me what people are discussing. I jumped in and may not be caught up. I feel lost seeing this posts. Are people discussing what can be thrown out in court? Thank you!

Do any of you think he ever went back to check on Mollie’s remains at all?
I doubt it, atleast I don’t think he exited his car. He may have driven past there to monitor police activity, but I think that would be it. It would be a tremendous risk to revisit the body with all that attention.

I believe he drove next to her in town, trying to talk to her, she starts to run on 385 and tells him to get lost. He becomes angry, speeds away on 385. Goes past the curve on 385, parks his car, hides in corn field and once she runs around the curve and sees his car, he jumps out of the corn field and grabs her. They perhaps struggle, she hits her head and passes out. He puts her in the trunk and takes off.
Hmmm...maybe

I am kinda sitting on the fence on this question. I think he planned to take Mollie that night when he saw her jogging, but I really dont believe he had a well laid-out plan for when and how, and what he would do with her after the fact. I believe most everything after abducting, and probably sexually assaulting her (my opinion only), and killing her...I believe everything after that may have been done on the fly. He didn't really need to have a spot picked out ahead of time to dump her. Most of us saw Sharon Needles' videos...There are cornfields everywhere you turn around there. Didn't require a lot of driving to find one. JMO

I do think he intentionally left her 15 miles from where she was abducted. There are cornfields everywhere, but he chose one that far away from Brooklyn to distance himself from her body.

and if an education was important to him, it seems that he would have stayed in Mexico with his parents until his education was complete. maybe there was a reason he didn't want to be with his parents and preferred his uncle. maybe he came from an abusive household.
That wouldn’t surprise me at all. He had to pick up all the aggression from somewhere.

Do any of you think he ever went back to check on Mollie’s remains at all?

Based solely on his appearance in pictures and his demeanor in court I would say no

Just a gut feeling, I think he walked away and didn’t miss a beat as everyone who knew him has said, he acted as he normally did.

Mollie was not his prize, she rejected him and probably fought him, he had no use for her after that

I wonder if he really meant the Fitbit, or phone.

If MT was using her Fitbit and enabled location mapping, the Fitbit app would be collecting its own data (heart rate, steps, altitude, if so equipped) and using the phone's GPS feature for location (hence, the "Fitbit ping" reference) but technically, it is the phone hardware that sends Fitbit data and GPS data via the carrier network to the 'cloud' (specifically, Internet-connected Fitbit servers).

Then I don’t understand your point. He’s going to be tried in Iowa. He will likely be convicted and sentenced to life. If he were to ever be released, DHS would deport him. That’s how the law works here.

I'm not sure that he would have to be released for DHS to deport him, unless I'm reading more in to the policies than is actually defined.

RBBM. kpm, I know you didn't write this but are only quoting. The article's composition is so horrid that you can hardly understand what the writer is trying to say!
Do we think it means that the other 5 workers live in the same house/trailer lot too?
Irregardless, I would be humiliated to be a landlord of this property and connected to allowing my employees to actually live in these conditions.
Squaller and trailers in poor condition. Health and human services could condem these as living quarters. It doesn’t matter what living conditions the migrant workers may have in their home country. The employer should provide housing that is up to code.

Can you please explain to me what people are discussing. I jumped in and may not be caught up. I feel lost seeing this posts. Are people discussing what can be thrown out in court? Thank you!

For some reason the idea came up that CR would not be tried in Iowa (despite the hearing we all just watched that charged him with violations of Iowa law) and would just be deported to walk free instead. A few posters explained why that's unlikely and we got told to google random unrelated concepts. You didn't miss much :rolleyes:o_O

I hope to h$## not. But I'm now having to consider the possibility this is a guy who could have inflicted multiple sharp force trauma injuries on an unconscious victim. Ugh.
I had done research on Jodi Arias as to stab wounds before and after death occurs. The body gives tell tale signs on whether the stab wounds take place before death or after death. The coroner will see it and know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214