Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems reasonable to look at the flip side of this perspective using the same reference:

"Organized offenders:

These criminals are more sophisticated in their approach, and their crimes show evidence of planning. These types tend to be of average or better intelligence, employed, and in active social relationships such as with spouses and families. Even though they’re driven by their fantasies, they maintain enough control to avoid being impulsive. They prepare and even rehearse. They tend to target specific victims or types of victims and use control measures such as restraints to maintain victim compliance. They bring the tools they need to gain access to and control of the victim and avoid leaving behind evidence. As killers, they generally hide or dispose of the body and are likely to have a dumpsite already selected." (Forensics: Profiling the Perpetrator - dummies)

Why would the suspect be an organized offender:

• There's evidence of planning as he circled around along Mollie's route
  • quitting school does not mean that he is not intelligent, and he cleverly obtained false ID
  • employed
  • active social life (reports that he often spent time with his daughter and extended family)
  • no reason to believe that Mollie's abduction was impulsive, especially if he saw her jogging the day before the abduction
  • he targeted Mollie and probably hit her in the head to gain compliance
  • he brought along a knife - tool to control victim
  • most importantly he hid the body and may have pre-selected the dump site

Dear Otto,

I agree. Organized offender from the (below) F.B.I. bulletin :

"The organized offender is socially adept and usually living with a partner. He may report an angry state of mind prior to the murder and admit to being calm and relaxed after the crime. The crime scene of the organized murderer shows a semblance of order before, during, and after the offense. The victim frequently is a stranger and may be targeted because he or she is in a particular location or has certain characteristics."

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

If Mollie felt safe enough to tell him that she would call the police..I wonder if he just acted like a pest at first. I know if I felt scared of someone following me I would not tell them to leave me alone or I would call the police..you never know how the person might react. I think that Mollie might have felt she could handle the situation until he became the psychopath that she never saw coming. Of course Mollie is NOT to blame for ANYTHING-that MONSTER is! My opinion only.
I think we all feel the same way, I haven't seen a single post saying otherwise. Maybe the poster misunderstood.

If Mollie felt safe enough to tell him that she would call the police..I wonder if he just acted like a pest at first. I know if I felt scared of someone following me I would not tell them to leave me alone or I would call the police..you never know how the person might react. I think that Mollie might have felt she could handle the situation until he became the psychopath that she never saw coming. Of course Mollie is NOT to blame for ANYTHING-that MONSTER is! My opinion only.
We all react differently.

Were the man someone I vaguely knew from the neighborhood, I would say words along the lines, "Don't make me call the cops. I don't want to have to call the cops. Neither of us want the cops." If he was out of the car coming toward me, I'd be backing away fast. I'd still be trying to deescalate, which might be stupid. Depends on his physical distance to me....

Were the man a stranger, I'd go straight to 911 (certainly if he was out of the car. At that point I'd run & dial). Then my approach would be to scream "I'm calling 911" and hightail it outta there.

We only have his version of her words. The true story may never come out. But this scenario happening to any of us women here is something to consider ahead of time, as I now am.

Dear Otto,

"The organized offender is socially adept and usually living with a partner. He may report an angry state of mind prior to the murder and admit to being calm and relaxed after the crime. The crime scene of the organized murderer shows a semblance of order before, during, and after the offense. The victim frequently is a stranger and may be targeted because he or she is in a particular location or has certain characteristics."

That sounds even MORE like him! Is it possible to be not one or the other, or a mix of the two types? Especially if a first time killer?

Dear Otto,

Thanks! I'm also not buying that he is not intelligent. There's no reason to assume that because he quit school at age 13 or 14 and successfully moved to a foreign country by age 16, where he obtained false identification, that he is unintelligent.

Ok, that brought me to tears. What a beautiful tribute for Mollie. From top to bottom the tone of it all only confirms my belief that this was a very kind, close knit family with lots of love and affection for each other. It brings who Mollie was to life and makes us understand how much of a loss she was to not only her family but society in general. She was clearly a person that would have made the world a better place throughout the life she should have been allowed to live. I think it is especially kind and thoughtful for it to highlight one of the most special persons to her, the love of her life DJ. I think MT would be more then proud of her parents for this wonderful inclusion. RIP Mollie

So the EX GF has 5 FB profiles... FIVE! I also see a friend commenting and defending CR that is standing in front of a newly painted or tricked out black car. It could be a Malibu but I dunno? I asked a Sherriff homicide detective friend of mine about how they found the car from video, and he said the “certain details” LE is likely referring to is a car with custom rims, paint, loud pipes, or something along those lines that you can ask around and people know who drives it.... I also see some HOT debate going on under one of the EX GF’s pictures in which their good friends have a VERY interesting opinion on why this whole case will fall apart. I’m curious to see if anyone will get charged for accessory after the fact or helping a suspect evade LE... JMO

I wish you could share more as I rarely log onto FB. Today I wondered if others would be brought in for questioning.

Mollie Tibbetts’ Body Was Found 500 Yards Into Cornfield: ‘He Tried to Camouflage Her’

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but that's a far walk carrying a body. He wasn't that big! That's just over a 1/4 mile right?

20 meters, not 500!

A meter is like a yard, but a wee bit longer. 36" in a yard, 39" in a meter.
20 x 39" = 780" = 65 feet.
That is not 1/4 mile.

See search warrant for facts:
Read the criminal complaint, arrest warrant in the Mollie Tibbetts case

Thanks! I'm also not buying that he is not intelligent. There's no reason to assume that because he quit school at age 13 or 14 and successfully moved to a foreign country by age 16, where he obtained false identification, that he is unintelligent.
True, but I think that is more like "street smart". My opinion is that he is low
to average and I will be interested to see his test results .

20 meters, not 500!

A meter is like a yard, but a wee bit longer. 36" in a yard, 39" in a meter.
20 x 39" = 780" = 65 feet.
That is not 1/4 mile.

See search warrant for facts:
Read the criminal complaint, arrest warrant in the Mollie Tibbetts case

There was a MSM article that stated 500 yards---but it stated 500 yards from a gravel road. I think he turned off the gravel road onto a dirt road, traveled down it for several yards, parked, and then carried her 60 ' into the cornfield.

It may have been in People Magazine. The link is upthread.

Here it is:
Mollie Tibbetts’ Body Was Found 500 Yards Into Cornfield: ‘He Tried to Camouflage Her’

For all we know, CR may have first obtained the false identity and walked right in. I discovered in reading about the recent ICE/Homeland Security arrests in Nebraska and Minnesota, there are actual LLCs that provide that "service."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu