IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you see that???

I have thought all along that it is another workers car so could be. Letting them drive farm vehicles off the property is a liability. for the farm. Unless the employees are extremely trusted but still a liability as you can see what has happened here. I am going with I think it might be another workers car if it has MN plates.

I lived in Minnesota for decades. Even though I cannot read it, I recognize the plate.

<modsnipped> Additionally, because he's the criminal in a high profile case, anyone who takes him on is going to get famous too. But even beyond that, this man is never going to hurt another female, he's never going to have the american dream, and he's never again going to be free. In that respect, I'm kind of glad they don't have the death penalty because he can live in the mess he created for himself every day for the rest of his life.
I agree. Although I have to admit, if he has the luxury of living the rest of his life getting off on the memory of what he did to Mollie, I'd rather him receive the death penalty.

He'll get processed through Oakdale, likely, moo. It's the Iowa Medical & Classification Center (used to bike by when I lived in the area) between Iowa City & North Liberty down Coral Ridge Ave.
"We serve as the single point of reception for all male offenders who are sentenced to serve a prison sentence in Iowa."
It's googleable what offenses and who make up the Iowa prison system. An old friend of mine kept going in & out on meth charges. Definitely was not eager for an encore appearance.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, when I saw the zoomed in shot of the Malibu posted yesterday (when it was being towed), I immediately thought it was a MN plate. I am familiar with those, as I live in a state near there.

However, I wasn't as familiar with IA and I can see where their plates also have the blue at the top, so now I'm not sure.

<modsnipped> Additionally, because he's the criminal in a high profile case, anyone who takes him on is going to get famous too. But even beyond that, this man is never going to hurt another female, he's never going to have the american dream, and he's never again going to be free. In that respect, I'm kind of glad they don't have the death penalty because he can live in the mess he created for himself every day for the rest of his life.
NEVER have the American dream, despite the woman in the N.Y. Times article calling him " A clean cut American Person." Like anyone says that. How about clean cut American Prisoner?

NEVER have the American dream, despite the woman in the N.Y. Times article calling him " A clean cut American Person." Like anyone says that. How about clean cut American Prisoner?

How about Mollie? :mad:

For what it's worth, when I saw the zoomed in shot of the Malibu posted yesterday (when it was being towed), I immediately thought it was a MN plate. I am familiar with those, as I live in a state near there.

However, I wasn't as familiar with IA and I can see where their plates also have the blue at the top, so now I'm not sure.

Where can we find that zoomed in shot?

I believe, and Alethea can correct me, but it wouldn't matter. I think it has something to do with the ability to distinguish right from wrong, but regardless even if he couldn't make that distinction between right or wrong the sentence would be the same, it would only serve as a mechanism to argue a difference in where he might be incarcerated.
Making the conscious effort to drive out of his way to place the body into a cornfield and then proceeding to cover the body with cornstalks makes it clear that he knew right from wrong.

I'm comparing the license plate to the Nissan's, as well as the tow truck's. They look the same, and at least the tow truck you would assume is Iowa. The Nissan's is a little closer and I think it looks like a smaller word at the top, Iowa vs. Minnesota.

But yes, VERY hard to tell!!
http://oskynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DSC3560sm.jpg

Police are clearly looking into connections with other incidents in Iowa during the last 7-8 years. Similar criminal activities, such as unsolved murders of female victims, will very likely be at the top of the list.

"Rivera had not criminal record before his arrest.

“All of a sudden he just does it,” Mortvedt says. “Who escalates to abduction, kidnapping and homicide that fast?”

“That is part of the ongoing investigation,” Mortvedt says. “We want to dig into his background — and not just the last four weeks. Who is this guy? Where has he been? What has he done? How can we verify that?”

Mollie Tibbetts’ Body Was Found 500 Yards Into Cornfield: ‘He Tried to Camouflage Her’

Back a few threads I opined I believed the perp didn't necessarily live in Brooklyn but may have previously, that his work may have rarely brought him to Brooklyn, that the perp knew of MT but MT likely didn't know the perp and that MT would be found in a field during or just after harvest. Close.

If CR, after having migrated to the States didn't originally go straight to the Brooklyn, Iowa area but to another location, I believe the odds of him having done something 'bad' increases. Although I suppose Brooklyn, Iowa has a charm that would draw fresh immigrants immediately to it. I guess it depends on his work history.

If CR hadn't been caught and revealed the body location, MT would likely not have been discovered until or after harvest.

Yeah I think he made that decision to cover her with corn, in the spur of the moment.

The medical examiner talked about bringing in additional experts, to include a forensic anthropologist. The final report could take 6 weeks.

Determining time of death, will come from other evidence (data etc). They won’t be able to nail down the time of death from the autopsy alone, as too much time has passed, and decomposition would have been extreme. If this were a fresh body, they would be able to do that, but not here.
Will they release the additional info to the public?

I've never heard a person who murders a woman and hides her body in a cornfield referred to as a "clean cut American person".

Would he have told police he covered the body with corn leaves to hide it if he didn't know right from wrong?
Good point. Knowing the lawyer, he will try anyway. But you're right, it would be hard to prove without a battery of tests and real life history. I can imagine this lawyer saying something like he covered it up because he didn't want it to get cold. The poor guy was only thinking of her welfare!

Some of the members here have posted the opposite scenerio; maybe he pulled over and Mollie stopped and did chat to him (his ex-girlfriend was a friend on Social Media, went to the same school etc). She said she was going to her mum's to eat; he offers to her there. It was a hot and humid evening. Mollie gets into the car; he strikes her on the side of the head with something. He drives to the cornfield where she was found. If he used a knife or similar object; it's a 'cowards' weapon. So I think he gained her trust. The further autopsy and car DNA results will reveal more of what actually happened.

We runners don't typically take a ride with anyone while out running, even in the rain. It kind of defeats the purpose. The only exceptions I can think of would be a terrible lightning storm or an injury.

I've never heard a person who murders a woman and hides her body in a cornfield referred to as a "clean cut American person".
And yet, they DID! Astonishing. Especially after knowing full well what he did at that time. It made me cringe.

it does sound like a strange phrase. I don't think it would be made by another American, and it was probably used to describe their impression of him before they found out he did this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama