IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why they impounded two cars? we knew about the black one, I do think I see damage as if something had fallen on it on the passanger front, but why the Nissan...you know they didn't go to get the black car and just happen to hook a Nissan up to the back on the way. it must be related to the crime in some way.

Budget problems in Poweshiek County. Maybe they got a 2-for-1 deal on felony towing. (Just kidding, please don't ban me)

Tomorrow at 2pm, Central time, the funeral service for Mollie will be held at her high school gymnasium. I, like probably most others who have been following this case since first hearing of this young woman, will have her family and loved ones in my thoughts and prayers, as they pay their last respects to their beloved daughter, sister, girlfriend, cousin, niece, friend and more. Then the long healing process can hopefully begin, although life will never again be the same for those she touched, and a void will never be filled. Soon this thread, that has been almost impossible to keep up with for several weeks now, will become stagnant and posts will become infrequent, except when hearings or new developments arise. For many of you, local to the area, Mollie brought you here. Perhaps you had never heard of Websleuths before Mollie, but you cared enough about her to join this site and add your valuable input. As our work here comes to a close, please consider sticking around this group of caring people. Sadly, there are and always will be many more 'Mollies'. Stay, in her honor, and do whatever you can to bring justice for them all. JMO

Last edited:
Tomorrow at 2pm, Central time, the funeral service for Mollie will be held at her high school gymnasium. I, like probably most others who have been following this case since first hearing of this young woman, will have her family and loved ones in our thoughts and prayers, as they pay their last respects to their beloved daughter, sister, girlfriend, cousin, niece, friend and more. Then the long healing process can hopefully begin, although life will never again be the same for those she touched, and a void will never be filled. Soon this thread, that has been almost impossible to keep up with for several weeks now, will become stagnant and posts will become infrequent, except when hearings or new developments arise. For many of you, local to the area, Mollie brought you here. Perhaps you had never heard of Websleuths before Mollie, but you cared enough about her to join this site and add your valuable input. As our work here comes to a close, please consider sticking around this group of caring people. Sadly, there are and always will be many more 'Mollies', Stay, in her honor, and do your part to bring justice for them all. JMO
Beautifully said!

In this picture, can anyone zoom in on the upper righthand side right above the light and see if you also see a big dent like something fell on the car? This is from the MSM article posted by @Gardenista (I think!)

http://oskynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DSC3560sm.jpg

<mod added -link for graphic
Anyone know anything about Iowa vehicle licensing? In my state, licensing with a farm/agricultural plate (when applicable) is less expensive than regular. Is there any indication about anything from what you can see of these plates?

I am wondering why they impounded two cars? we knew about the black one, I do think I see damage as if something had fallen on it on the passanger front, but why the Nissan...you know they didn't go to get the black car and just happen to hook a Nissan up to the back on the way. it must be related to the crime in some way.
Do you think if LE know or suspect he may have used his car to hit her, they would say so? They must know. Sure is eerie seeing the back of the car. Do we know for sure this is the one?....wait, there are 2 cars?? Where did the other one come from?

For some reason the idea came up that CR would not be tried in Iowa (despite the hearing we all just watched that charged him with violations of Iowa law) and would just be deported to walk free instead. A few posters explained why that's unlikely and we got told to google random unrelated concepts. You didn't miss much :rolleyes:o_O

I never posted that CR would not be tried in Iowa. Following is the exchange:

My post:
I wonder:

How did LE initially interrogate CR, via interpreter or not? It seems to me they didn't have enough time to request for an interpreter but it is likely they have someone capable given the possible makeup of the local workforce.

LE must have run a DNA by now, waiting for CODIS?

CR didn't seem nervous or confused during the initial hearing. I thought he appeared as still angry. Anyway, it seemed to me as if he'd been through such an experience previously or, at least was familiar with the procedure.

What made CR sh** where he eats? Sorry to be graphic but I think a direct and raw analogy is appropriate in this instance. That, plus that CR seemed so forthcoming to LE regarding what happened is it possible he really wanted to get caught, at least subconsciously? No death penalty, life in prison, a prison in which he wouldn't have to work and worry about raising a family and feeding himself. Three hots and a cot. Then again, he want (sic) to significant length to hide his crime.

If CR truly is illegal will DHS want to deport him? I think the DA would want for a full prosecution and internment, regardless if Iowans would have to pay for a lifetime of his internment.

MassGuy posted in reply:

They certainly would have run his DNA by now.

Most first time killers, commit their crimes in an area in which they are comfortable and familiar.

I don’t read much into his demeanor during court, we don’t have a baseline as to how he usually looks and acts.

He will serve his entire sentence in Iowa. If he were to be released, he would be released into the custody of DHS and deported. This won’t ever happen.

My response:

New laws, or at lease new policies in place that may take precedence over State. ICE, Inc.

Take precedence over State as in: according to current policies, it seems to me DHS may deport CR after Iowa has their way with him (trial, conviction, incarceration). 90 days incarceration is part of the requirements that allow for DHS to deport... the policy does not state a convict must server a full sentence.

Budget problems in Poweshiek County. Maybe they got a 2-for-1 deal on felony towing. (Just kidding, please don't ban me)

seriously though could LE just be like we know we want the black car and oh well we'll have that Nissan over there too if it wasn't suspected of being connected?

In this picture, can anyone zoom in on the upper righthand side right above the light and see if you also see a big dent like something fell on the car? This is from the MSM article posted by @Gardenista (I think!)

http://oskynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DSC3560sm.jpg

<mod added -link for graphic

It does or it could be the same type of reflection as noted on the back bumper. Photos of black vehicles can be very misleading. I only know this because I recently listed a black SUV for sale. Had no calls at first, double checked my ad, noticed my photo and gasped. The reflections from everything around it on that sunny day made it appear as if it was thoroughly crunched in several places.

Last edited:
Do you think if LE know or suspect he may have used his car to hit her, they would say so? They must know. Sure is eerie seeing the back of the car. Do we know for sure this is the one?
This is the car, but there has been no evidence released if he hit her with it. The autopsy only addressed the stab wounds. If she was hit, it was apparently not a fatal injury. The car being used as a weapon is speculation as of now.

My DH is checking photos of Malibus and comparing. He thinks it’s a 2011/12 Malibu and definitely looks like there is damageon the front passenger side and the bumper cover where the headlight is could be peeled back.

Edit: grammar (it’s getting late lol)

Perhaps it was damage to his car that exacerbated his anger. If he tried to grab Molly she might have kicked the front/sides of the car as he tried to carry her to the trunk. imo

Perhaps it was damage to his car that exacerbated his anger. If he tried to grab Molly she might have kicked the front/sides of the car as he tried to carry her to the trunk. imo
If that is in fact damage, it is unlikely to have been caused by that scenario. You’d see scratches and dents, but not significant body damage.

Someone posted in the last thread that if the cell goes dead then there is nothing to transmit. Not exactly, a Fitbit tracker is linked to your account, not to a specific device, so any device (computer, phone, tablet, etc) that has the Fitbit app/program installed you can sync your tracker. So you can have any or all devices with a Fitbit app/program installed. She could have had her phone as well as her laptop installed with this app.
Could this be why her family thought she was on the computer?

This is the car, but there has been no evidence released if he hit her with it. The autopsy only addressed the stab wounds. If she was hit, it was apparently not a fatal injury. The car being used as a weapon is speculation as of now.
I honestly have no idea, but wouldn't it take hitting a person with a LOT of force to produce the kind of damage that looks like? I still tend to think that damage itself might be the unique feature about the car the LE was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow