IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about that commercial of the guy jogging in the shape of a heart and then printing it for his wife.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen that commercial or I just didn’t pay close attention to it. It’s basically info from your Fitbit just sitting there waiting for you analyze it.

Some of the members here have posted the opposite scenerio; maybe he pulled over and Mollie stopped and did chat to him (his ex-girlfriend was a friend on Social Media, went to the same school etc). She said she was going to her mum's to eat; he offers to her there. It was a hot and humid evening. Mollie gets into the car; he strikes her on the side of the head with something. He drives to the cornfield where she was found. If he used a knife or similar object; it's a 'cowards' weapon. So I think he gained her trust. The further autopsy and car DNA results will reveal more of what actually happened.
For me, I am far more inclined to believe (generally), his version of events. This guy doesn’t strike me as a “charmer” or being capable of talking Mollie into getting into his vehicle.

Instead of the power of persuasion, I think he used the power of violence.

Some of the members here have posted the opposite scenerio; maybe he pulled over and Mollie stopped and did chat to him (his ex-girlfriend was a friend on Social Media, went to the same school etc). She said she was going to her mum's to eat; he offers to her there. It was a hot and humid evening. Mollie gets into the car; he strikes her on the side of the head with something. He drives to the cornfield where she was found. If he used a knife or similar object; it's a 'cowards' weapon. So I think he gained her trust. The further autopsy and car DNA results will reveal more of what actually happened.
JMO, but I personally don't see a knife as a 'cowards' weapon. Thrusting a knife multiple times into another human's body seems depraved, angry, and vicious.

I never posted that CR would not be tried in Iowa. Following is the exchange:

My post:

MassGuy posted in reply:

My response:

Take precedence over State as in: according to current policies, it seems to me DHS may deport CR after Iowa has their way with him (trial, conviction, incarceration). 90 days incarceration is part of the requirements that allow for DHS to deport... the policy does not state a convict must server a full sentence.
What? He may only get 90 days?!! Is that what you are trying to say? Or is it only in the event that someone who only gets 90 days for a minor crime can be deported? Can you state in one or two sentences what you are saying?.... ... Very tired so it just sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo right now. I'll check for my answer tomorrow... thank you

Last edited:
Possible....He says he chased her though....

"Rivera worked for the last four years at a dairy farm a few miles from where Tibbetts was last seen. He and Tibbetts have no known connections other than that Rivera allegedly told investigators that he saw her running previously."

Medical examiner says Mollie Tibbetts died from stab wounds

I do not think there is damage to the car. Look up a 2012 Malibu and see how odd shaped the headlights are placed. The reflection and the odd hump on the side of the hood is what we are seeing. MOO, but I think the clear headlight isn’t showing in the picture, making it look dented.

I do not think there is damage to the car. Look up a 2012 Malibu and see how odd shaped the headlights are placed. The reflection and the odd hump on the side of the hood is what we are seeing. MOO, but I think the clear headlight isn’t showing in the picture, making it look dented.

could be. I looked at the back window of the tow truck and the black lines reflection on the left side seem to extend down into the area I would expect to see the car not the trucks back window but my vision could be questionable.

That's exactly what I thought too. I showed my husband the picture without telling him what it was or where it was from and he said it looked like a tree branch fell on it.

How large a tree branch? What's a tree branch weigh?

Something that weighs 120 pounds could easily make a dent there. Especially if that person were being subdued or slammed down in rage. And that is what a suspect might do to another person - slam her down in rage on his car hood. Could also cause a head injury.

How easy is it to dent a car? My son, who works with Progressive in CA said once a customer brought is a car without much damage but wanted it fixed. He kicked the side in so it met the criteria and the customer got what he wanted.

In 1955 you could not kick a car's metal in. Since about 1980, no problem.

JMO, but I personally don't see a knife as a 'cowards' weapon. Thrusting a knife multiple times into another human's body seems depraved, angry, and vicious.
plus, it requires you to get close to someone making yourself vulnerable to defense and the other person possibly wrestling the knife away from you or turning it back on you, whereas a gun allows for safe distance. I'm kinda creeped out that my neighbor apparently has both. He told me that he collects knives, and the other night there was someone knocking on our doors for some reason. Maybe soliciting, who knows. I don't answer the door if I don't know who it is, but I did have my ear up to the door to see if they were still there or knocking on other people's doors. My neighbor told whoever knocked on his door that he has a gun and that that person needed to leave. And a week ago I saw an Uber sign in the front window of his car. Needless to say it has my imagination reeling, but he could just be a normal guy who likes to collect knives and doesn't like solicitors.

Something that weighs 120 pounds could easily make a dent there. Especially if that person were being subdued or slammed down in rage. And that is what a suspect might do to another person - slam her down in rage on his car hood. Could also cause a head injury.

How easy is it to dent a car? My son, who works with Progressive in CA said once a customer brought is a car without much damage but wanted it fixed. He kicked the side in so it met the criteria and the customer got what he wanted.

I could see that as a potential. if done in a downward motion. I just don't see a forward motion of the car doing damage to top of fender.

In that photo, there appears to be an irregularity in the Chevy's front end; you can see reflections from the tow trucks rear windows down low.

BTW, the Nissan also has damage to the right rear quarter-panel.

agree. I think it depends on the car. just pushing my mom's Chevy Spark, my brother dented it. That car dented very easily.

AEE8592B-B759-41F8-8F65-049ABA3392AF.jpeg Just MOO.
This is a 2012 Malibu that I “Googled” and wanted to show the hood and headlight uniqueness.
I believe that what looks like a piece sticking up is actually part of the tow truck.
Again, MOO (and I know nothing about cars).

Last edited:
Google 'what happens when a pedestrian is hit by car' or something like that. The range of automotive damage is quite impressive. Most often a windshield is involved, but look at the outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme