IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is saying that eventually they identified who the car was being driven by; but it was unclear when viewing the CCTV who the driver was.
That is also how I understood this. Some have mentioned that maybe there was someone else with him. I would think if that were the case, LE would have seen more than one person in the car as it was seen several times on surveillance as it circled around.

Yes I understand that. I meant did he (CR) have a reason? Like I posed her to face heaven or something?

Psychologically speaking, I was thinking it could suggest CR had very little or no remorse. Because as he covered her with cornstalks, he would be looking at the face of a beautiful life he took away. But obviously, it could be as simple as he was in a hurry, and just covered her in the position she fell as he removed her from over his shoulders...

It seems LE knows his motive but are not willing to discuss it further...

“I can’t really speak about the motive, I can just tell you it seemed that he followed her and seemed to be drawn to her on that particular day.

And for whatever reason, he chose to abduct her,” Rahn told reporters.

“I can’t speak to it other than that.”

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

He used the earbud story as he had to hide/remove the body, which was in the boot.
Without the earbud, (as he doesn't 'remember' placing Mollie in boot of this car), he wouldn't be checking the boot.o_Oo_Oo_O

Adding here: the blood everywhere, after stabbing Mollie, did not remind him, of what happened, but the earbud, caused him to check the boot.
Who would believe this rubbish!!

Thinking of the possible sexual assault I have been trying to find out how long sperm can be detected on a decomposing body but can not find an answer to that. When I enter it in search the answer never comes up.
Does anyone know?

It seems LE knows his motive but are not willing to discuss it further...

“I can’t really speak about the motive, I can just tell you it seemed that he followed her and seemed to be drawn to her on that particular day.

And for whatever reason, he chose to abduct her,” Rahn told reporters.

“I can’t speak to it other than that.”

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Sadly, I think we will find out that she was sexually assaulted.

I am still uneasy by his statements that he used his cell phone to trace back where he left her...but then showed LE where he left her from memory.

What is this in reference to? I must have missed this.

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

snips:

She once again asked if he had known what had happened to Mollie and he became uncomfortable, she claimed on Wednesday during an interview with DailyMail.com.

'Everything was normal except for when we brought Mollie up. He didn’t seem to want to talk about her, just changed the subject.

'I was panicked and was asking everyone if they knew anything. So I brought it up again and asked what he thought happened.

''All he said was “Probably what her parents think, she took off with someone and doesn’t know what to do.”

Sadly, I think we will find out that she was sexually assaulted.

I am still uneasy by his statements that he used his cell phone to trace back where he left her...but then showed LE where he left her from memory.

I think she was as well, and I think he may have held her for a period of time

I don’t understand that statement in the warrant

Does it mean he went back to the body before he was arrested?

He was not blocked out when the left her so why and when did he need to trace back on his phone?

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

snips:

She once again asked if he had known what had happened to Mollie and he became uncomfortable, she claimed on Wednesday during an interview with DailyMail.com.

'Everything was normal except for when we brought Mollie up. He didn’t seem to want to talk about her, just changed the subject.

'I was panicked and was asking everyone if they knew anything. So I brought it up again and asked what he thought happened.

''All he said was “Probably what her parents think, she took off with someone and doesn’t know what to do.”

Thank you I was looking for that article!

There was actually a screen shot in one article of their text messages too

What’s curious, if those are his exact words, is he said she took off with someone she knew and doesn’t know what to do

That’s not what her Dad said, but is it very close so that means he was watching all news about it, but is that what CR did, was that sort of an admission?

Just asking that people wait until it is decided in court. Similar things were said about WC and, as far as we know, he has no involvement in this.

I've kind of realized that the WS community is good at the finding out what happened part, and not so good at the fairness to the alleged perpetrator part. Which is common, but I'm not a fan of declaring someone guilty before they have gone through the process.

This is what's known as a discussion group. A discussion group is a place where people go to offer opinions on a given topic and debate them. In this case, the topic of discussion is the abduction and murder of Mollie Tibbets, including the potential motives and actions of the alleged perpetrator and his upcoming trial.

I'm not sure why someone who thinks people should keep their opinions to themselves and just sit with their hands folded in their laps until the court case is concluded would choose to join a discussion group. But that's just my opinion.

Re: the helpful "pinned" posts at the beginning of each thread. . . I think it might be more helpful if those particular posts were arranged in the opposite of chronological order, so that the most recent information is the first post that everyone sees. IMO :)
You can always PM a mod with suggestions. :)

Thinking of the possible sexual assault I have been trying to find out how long sperm can be detected on a decomposing body but can not find an answer to that. When I enter it in search the answer never comes up.
Does anyone know?
Another poster answered this for me in detail in the last thread and basically said that 30 days in the Iowa heat there would be very little muscle left. Since the vagina is made of muscle it would be extremely difficult to obtain DNA from semen. However, that being said, the FBI may be able to use their incredible technology to extract the DNA. Also, after the poster answered my question, I searched around the internet and found a place in Texas called the Body Farm and they show real life pictures of decomposition so you can kind of see what a body looks like at certain times post death. Hope this helps answer your question!

They weren't necessary. This was all that was needed to hold him.

I’m not sure what you mean. CR has been charged under section 707.2.1.a of Iowa criminal code, that’s why he’s being held.

Wouldn’t it seem logical that he’s arrested and charged with the crime it’s alleged he committed?

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

Section 707.2.1.a
707.2 Murder in the first degree.
1. A person commits murder in the first degree when the person commits murder under any of the following circumstances:
a. The person willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kills another person.
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/707.2.pdf

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you mean. CR has been charged under section 707.2.1.a of Iowa criminal code, that’s why he’s being held.

Wouldn’t it seem logical that he’s arrested and charged with the crime it’s alleged he committed?

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf

Section 707.2.1.a
1. A person commits murder in the first degree when the person commits murder under any of the following circumstances:
a. The person willfully, deliberately, and with premeditation kills another person.

For ease of looking up....

More charges can be added as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members