IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far east of hwy 21 was this location? Do we know?
Here’s my map. It was a good ways from 21. I’ll update with distance. Body location is at blue flag in “y” of the word Guernsey. It’s 2.6 miles from V21

Attachments

• 5FF2CDA7-1FA2-40FC-90DD-1C19DB1D0573.jpeg
    5FF2CDA7-1FA2-40FC-90DD-1C19DB1D0573.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Where I’m originally from in Illinois- corn and dairy farmland, field corn is harvested later than sweet corn. It was usually oct. and nov. I haven’t caught up on all threads. So I’m sure this has been posted. Similar farming town as Mollie’s, just a state nearby.

Here’s my map. It was a good ways from 21. I’ll update with distance. Body location is at blue flag in “y” of the word Guernsey. It’s 2.6 miles from V21
Sorry to reply on my own post, but I found the exact location by watching the drone footage. There’s a building with a purple roof (barn?) at the beginning of the video. Then you can see another farm in the distance. By looking at the satellite view I identified the farm and pull offs into the cornfield where the LE vehicle is parked.

Hi Mr Needles. I have a question for you about the video you took. In one of them, there is a dirt rd. On the left, after you made a right turn on the road that leads to the electric company on left and the rd to MT's mom's is on the right. You pointed out a dirt road that goes to Grinnel. What is the name of that road and is there a way to access that road from where the body was found? You also mentioned a back road that the locals would take instead of going on I 80. Just wondering because I can't remember if Grinnell is anywhere near the farm or where Rivera lived. I can't find, or even really see a map too well. But I'm thinking it may even be in the opposite direction , I just cant remember where i saw it on the map. Thanks.
That dirt road is 385th ave on the West side of town - same name as the 385th ave on the East side of town where Mollie was taken, but not really the same road. Locals over by DJ’s house or the co-op would take that west to Grinnell via Historic US6. Grinnell is West of Brooklyn, everything about CR seems to be South and East of Brooklyn.

What is the red balloon and the blue one next to it..? Never mind, got it

That dirt road is 385th ave on the West side of town - same name as the 385th ave on the East side of town where Mollie was taken, but not really the same road. Locals over by DJ’s house or the co-op would take that west to Grinnell via Historic US6. Grinnell is West of Brooklyn, everything about CR seems to be South and East of Brooklyn.
Ok, I see now looking at the map. Thanks.

Sorry to reply on my own post, but I found the exact location by watching the drone footage. There’s a building with a purple roof (barn?) at the beginning of the video. Then you can see another farm in the distance. By looking at the satellite view I identified the farm and pull offs into the cornfield where the LE vehicle is parked.
Ah, 2.6 miles. Wow, I thought I'd heard it was a lot closer to hwy 21. Those two farms are only .2 and .3 miles to either side of that pull off. It makes me wonder if the 'Multiple Sharp Force Trauma' wasn't done in a panic to quiet her. Very curious what made him choose that spot.

I thought she was found much closer to the wildlife area, so that changes things.

Last edited:
But, is it the texts that she is referring to his temper? You can’t tell tone over text- my husband and I have had this conversation many times because he often thinks I’m mad when in fact, I’m just super busy. From what I read, did the suspect just converse via text with the girl that was looking for Mollie?
If I am not allowed to do this please delete immediately.

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

Nope I can't figure out how to send a pic.

This does help fill in LE's POI map, if those POI's were digital signals, and if it was on the way to the cornfield and not on his return home. I've basically used your route but changed to go east at 430th so as to touch that POI, as well. Also of note, it takes him right past his house. Only way him driving this route makes sense to me is if he needed to stop at home for something, or he didn't know where to dump her and was driving around. Hmm.
He lived on 400th, huh? He’d know his way around all those roads, no doubt. But more importantly, there really just a few roads there rurally. Why would he drive by his house? To get from where he’s at to TA that’s really the only way unless he’s willing to go through town or hop on the interstate.

Ah, 2.6 miles. Wow, I thought I'd heard it was a lot closer to hwy 21. Those two farms are only .2 and .3 miles to either side of that pull off. It makes me wonder if the 'Multiple Sharp Force Trauma' wasn't done in a panic to quiet her. Very curious what made him choose that spot.
Exactly what I thought too. It’s actually the location that makes me believe a SA happened.

I wonder if the cell phone pings at the area of the farm could actually be from where the body was found. Could they be off by that much? From what I have learned they could be off by a few miles.
That’s what I thought too as soon asI saw the body location. Makes me wonder why all the fields around there weren’t thoroughly searched. Not dissing LE, just wondering.

I thought she was found much closer to the wildlife area, so that changes things.
Worth noting - if you look closely you’ll note little pull offs back into the fields all over the place. Local kids all have their favorite secret little spots where they can go to drink beer, make out, get high, whatever. I don’t know that this is such a spot for CR, but I guarantee it’s someone’s party spot. I’d have a hard time believing he just happened upon that spot for the first time that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay