IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But I just can't imagine that this guy would be so dumb. As I mentioned, I had students who were 15, 16 years old who are from the same culture, ( most who have not even been here as long as Rivera, and they know NOT to use a phone if they are engaging in various criminal activities. I guess that's why I can't understand that he woulnt know That! It's just not believable to me. Of course, this would also point to him NOT planning the crime, and that it was spur of the moment. I have said previously that I think he was planning an assault, or at least thinking about doing it. Since investigators asked him if he had ever seen her jogging there before, it makes me think that may be what they are thinking. So who knows? It doesn't make sense. I guess it could be that although he may have been planning it, it all happened so fast and in the heat of the moment did not think of the phone until after he had done the deed. I think I'll go with that.

BBM

Dumb?

Psychology students?

Who knows how to ditch a cell phone when committing a criminal activity? Isn't that what Rivera did? The digital signal led from Mollie's abduction to 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. The digital signal did not lead from the body location site to Rivera's house. It looks like he had enough tech knowledge to leave his digital trail near the body, but not hear his house.

We don't know that investigators asked if he had every seen her jogging, but it is part of his story that he had seen her jogging prior to abducting her on the night that she was jogging.

Did he put her in the trunk when he abducted her, or did he pull in front of her, open the side door, push her in, pull a u-turn, and take off?

He lived on 400th, huh? He’d know his way around all those roads, no doubt. But more importantly, there really just a few roads there rurally. Why would he drive by his house? To get from where he’s at to TA that’s really the only way unless he’s willing to go through town or hop on the interstate.

Maybe he was going to take Mollie to his house and changed his mind?

Yeah, from the drone video shot last week it looks like she was in field corn, still very green. There’s no way it could be brown already in one weeks time.

It occurs that he may have known the type of cornfield it was and how late that field would be harvested (buying the max amount of time before she was discovered), given his length of time in the area and occupation on a dairy farm where cows are fed field corn.

Odd that you should say that because for some reason I have always felt that she never even got to say any such thing.

The suspect murdered Mollie with multiple sharp object injuries. This is a violent predator. He snatched her off the street when she was jogging to her mother's house to pick up the car (before dusk). She had recently requested a passport to attend a family wedding. She was returning to work the following morning and to school in September. She would have done everything in her power to prevent her life trajectory.

She didn't have chance to say anything.

If I am not allowed to do this please delete immediately.

Friend of murdered Mollie Tibbetts reveals chilling texts with Cristhian Rivera, Mollie's killer | Daily Mail Online

Nope I can't figure out how to send a pic.
Yeah, I remember this from the day after they found the body. She says she asked Rivera those questions and was so panicked about it she started asking everyone about it. Then goes on to say she never suspected him. Strange . Also it says in quotations that he " blacked out", which is what we assume he means when he says he couldn't remember what happened, but LE stated he said he " blocked it out." Not that that part is a big deal, but I wonder if the girls story is even true as it doesn't really make sense. If she panicked so much it implies she suspected him . Then she says otherwise. According to the article. All I can say is it's from the Daily Mail. Need I say more...

It occurs that he may have known the type of cornfield it was and how late that field would be harvested (buying the max amount of time before she was discovered), given his length of time in the area and occupation on a dairy farm where cows are fed field corn.
No doubt he knew what type of corn it was in that area. That video really shows the vastness of the fields in the community.

Maybe he stopped to pick up a knife and a change of clothes.

When? Before or after the murder? If he realized that he needed a change of clothing prior to the murder, he would have brought it with him. Regarding the knife, seems obvious he used a knife at work with a locking switch blade, would do the trick.

BBM

Dumb?

Psychology students?

Who knows how to ditch a cell phone when committing a criminal activity? Isn't that what Rivera did? The digital signal led from Mollie's abduction to 10 miles SE of Brooklyn. The digital signal did not lead from the body location site to Rivera's house. It looks like he had enough tech knowledge to leave his digital trail near the body, but not hear his house.

We don't know that investigators asked if he had every seen her jogging, but it is part of his story that he had seen her jogging prior to abducting her on the night that she was jogging.

Did he put her in the trunk when he abducted her, or did he pull in front of her, open the side door, push her in, pull a u-turn, and take off?
I have to admit, I had the body location completely wrong. I thought it was much closer to the pig farm. Now that I realize my mistake, I am for sure rethinking my theories.

Do you think the last digital signal by the pig farm most likely means that's where he ditched or disabled the phone? The pig farm looks like it has a pull off. Do you think that was his original destination but he changed for some reason? Why go south that extra ways only to go back north to 460? Or do I have the pig farm location wrong, too. Ugh.

Let me ask you, otto, why do you suppose the TA truck stop was a POI, but not the Pilot?

Last edited:
Worth noting - if you look closely you’ll note little pull offs back into the fields all over the place. Local kids all have their favorite secret little spots where they can go to drink beer, make out, get high, whatever. I don’t know that this is such a spot for CR, but I guarantee it’s someone’s party spot. I’d have a hard time believing he just happened upon that spot for the first time that night.
I would think if he wanted to do that he would do it right there on the farm. Or even at their house. Why risk being conspicuous?

When? Before or after the murder? If he realized that he needed a change of clothing prior to the murder, he would have brought it with him. Regarding the knife, seems obvious he used a knife at work with a locking switch blade, would do the trick.
I was just throwing out ideas. I don’t actually believe he stopped to do anything. I think he went straight to the field where he left Mollie.

How is the type of corn in the cornfield relevant.

This murder, where the victim was left in a cornfield, probably has nothing to do with the type of corn in the cornfield.
Maybe because he knew it would be months before the body was found , if at all? He would know harvesting time is late oct. Or November.

Yeah, I remember this from the day after they found the body. She says she asked Rivera those questions and was so panicked about it she started asking everyone about it. Then goes on to say she never suspected him. Strange . Also it says in quotations that he " blacked out", which is what we assume he means when he says he couldn't remember what happened, but LE stated he said he " blocked it out." Not that that part is a big deal, but I wonder if the girls story is even true as it doesn't really make sense. If she panicked so much it implies she suspected him . Then she says otherwise. According to the article. All I can say is it's from the Daily Mail. Need I say more...
I got the impression that she was saying she was panicked about MT missing, and she asked him and everybody else if they knew anything. It's no wonder we can't figure anything out, it seems like almost everything said could be taken at least a couple different ways. MOO

To me it looked like the road and where the body was found were pretty close, maybe about 7 car lengths?

I hadn't notice before, but there's a big metal gate when you turn from the road into the corn field. If it was closed, he'd have to get out of the car to open it. Is that when he had to carry her?

He really wanted to hide her.

How is the type of corn in the cornfield relevant.

This murder, where the victim was left in a cornfield, probably has nothing to do with the type of corn in the cornfield.

"Feed corn" is harvested before it's fully mature. So it might buy him a few weeks or a month or more if the field was not of the feed corn variety. Farmers harvest the feed corn earlier--stalks and all--chop it up while it's still green/not fully ripe and store it in silos to feed dairy and other cattle.

Thanks! Not sure what you are referring to in the first part of your post, I had asked how they could possibly know that the suspect was illegal in the beginning stages of the investigation, as they had no idea who he was. Maybe you where responding to the person who thought that might be the reason the FBI were brought into the case. So that makes sense... But yes, as for the nails my question was would they still be in good condition after being separated from the body,for 33 days and it sounds like you are saying they probably would. The reason I asked is I was wondering if it was still possible to find DNA within any cells attached to the nails. Or would there likely be no skin cells by that time... Mr Hoffman?

My apologies I think I matched my responses to the wrong posts. It’s been one of those days.

I feel like the pattern is (first name) (father's middle) (mother's middle). So, Bahena would have been CR's grandfather's middle name and Radilla would have been CR's grandmother's middle name. It's like a surname but in the middle for some reason.
No, it's father's last name, mother's last name. I believe the paternal last name is always listed 1st (for all kids, sons and daughters) then the mom's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal