IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she had any reason to fear him at all before that day. I don't even necessarily think his ego was that damaged. When she saw the look in his eyes when he got out of the car, or when she saw him running up behind her is probably the moment she felt fear. I'll bet the fit bit data tells the story.
Good point, if she did see him / tell him she would call 911 if he didn't leave her alone (like he claims), she probably wasn't that spooked by his presence until he became more aggressive, and then I hope she blacked out from a head injury he inflicted on her, and didn't feel, see, or hear anything else before she died.

There’s a video on this link but I’m unable to copy it here, or watch it. Interesting, the caption underneath. What do they seem to know that hasn’t been published?

“..Mollie Tibbetts was abducted while on a run and later killed and placed in a cornfield. Here is the route Mollie ran on July 19. Des Moines Register”

Mollie Tibbetts' last run

You can access the Des Moines Register video directly at this url:

https://media.gannett-cdn.com/28911775001/28911775001_5829478384001_5829474335001.mp4

No, we are mainly inferring from the arrest warrant application, which gave a time interval of 19:45 to 20:28 for the homicide, that there might be FitBit data that gave this precise time.

Also, know that I saw a LEO on MSM video complain about not finding MT at the "pig farm", because that is the last place her FitBit "pinged". That is my recollection only, an I am not prepared to dig back and find the clip.

LE is not saying much, and the preliminary hearing today was waved, so it may be a while before we hear anymore official info. Maybe the Daily Mail will come up with a jail house bunkie conversation. Who knows, as the folks that do are remaining tight lipped!
I think MT, along with her fitbit and phone, might have went by the pig farm in the back of CRs car. Maybe it was there, just maybe it didn't stay there. Maybe that's when CR noticed she was tracking her run and decided to disable the device. Maybe he was going to leave her at the pig farm, but he noticed she was tracking her run, so he disabled the tracker and decided to dump her somewhere else instead.

It seems to be moving very slowly to me as well today / this afternoon and evening, in terms of the usual number of posts on Mollie's threads "per hour" being fewer than in prior days. Maybe with CR in custody and the preliminary hearing that was originally scheduled for today cancelled by his new lawyers, there will be a lull until the trial or he pleads.

There were some crazy reports in MSM today about robocalls to Iowa residences related to Mollie's case that is probably off topic here, so maybe that's all being discussed elsewhere, and it's quiet here because this thread is not for discussing that type of stuff.
Ok, thanks for responding. This is my first case so all I know ( or knew) is that usually I can't keep up and have to quickly skim through just to get caught up to the most current posts. It seems like now there can be 20 minutes between posts. It's certainly easier to keep up this way.

I think MT, along with her fitbit and phone, might have went by the pig farm in the back of CRs car. Maybe it was there, just maybe it didn't stay there. Maybe that's when CR noticed she was tracking her run and decided to disable the device. Maybe he was going to leave her at the pig farm, but he noticed she was tracking her run, so he disabled the tracker and decided to dump her somewhere else instead.
Yes, that's a good possibility that would explain LE searching the pig farm very early on (in fact two or three different times, I think) - Mollie's fitbit (that looked like a watch so maybe he didn't realize what it was at first or wasn't paying attention) was disabled there, so he didn't want to also leave her body there to be found (red herring?)!

Yes, that's a good possibility that would explain LE searching the pig farm very early on (in fact two or three different times, I think) - Mollie's fitbit (that looked like a watch so maybe he didn't realize what it was at first or wasn't paying attention) was disabled there, so he didn't want to also leave her body there to be found (red herring?)!
I've always thought that's where he stopped to get rid of the evidence, and either turned off the phone there or got rid of it there. It wouldn't have mattered whether or not he got rid of the fit bit, imo

Thank you! Wow, it looks just like the video you took, everything looked so familiar, even that red truck parked on the side of the road... until it gets close to the end. I can see how secluded the area is where she was initially attacked!
Be cautious of the Des Moines Register, that's Iowa's version of the National Enquirer.

I believe he had already killed her and left her in the cornfield by the time he went by the farm. I don't think he drove by with her body at all. I think that's when he realized he had to do something about the phone. I think the fit bit stopped transcribing before this. Jmo

Is this lawyer dude one of the least-articulate individuals ever seen in the profession?

It's a good thing CR fired AR (the attorney in this video) because IMO, his demeanor and speech pattern seem as grounds for potential charge of incompetence, assuming he presents as the same in court. Yes, MOO but, is he not self-aware to any degree?

Satellite delay? Perhaps.

ITA that what he said was spot-on regarding our system of justice but how he communicated it was nothing short of staccato babble that IMO would cause juries to tune out and ignore.
he was definitely not the best choice for a defense attorney, and he should probably never run for any kind of office, but I think the satirists would love him. I wonder if CR planned to dump him all along, or if it was his careless interviews by news reporters that clued him in.

he was definitely not the best choice for a defense attorney, and he should probably never run for any kind of office, but I think the satirists would love him. I wonder if CR planned to dump him all along, or if it was his careless interviews by news reporters that clued him in.
Maybe that's why he looked so mad during the hearing, he didn't like his lawyer.

I definitely think he did not leave phone or any other evidence with the body. He may have left the fit bit on her, but it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Be cautious of the Des Moines Register, that's Iowa's version of the National Enquirer.

Well the reporter in the video begins with Mollie starting her run at 7:45.

However earlier Des Moines Register reported this:
“Footage showed Tibbetts running near Boundary and Middle streets outside of Brooklyn when a black Chevy Malibu was driving in the area around 7:45 p.m. on the day she disappeared..”
Mollie Tibbetts' death resulted from 'multiple sharp force injuries,' medical examiner says

Then she goes on to say investigators believe Mollie was abducted between 7:45 and 8:28pm. (re - murder arrest warrant/affidavit)

That’s a heavy timeline at 7:45.

While the view of route is very interesting, I think the reporter does not have access to any inside information and has pieced together the same information already released to the public, in her opinion.

@ChuckMaureen bolded the date, july 19th, it should be july 18th, they were not agreeing with the date (i think, if that's wrong chuck sorry!)
Good eye. I hadn't even expanded it. I saw it earlier and assumed it was a misprint ( or else we'd been wrong all along, or they have, about the date.) By the way, how do you put things in bold? I would love to be able to do that to emphasize. I'm using a phone and have no idea if I can do it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member