Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU my View-Master new friend. The last 5 lines of your post makes the point I've been trying to make.

I agree with the rest of your post. When I left the Homeless Shelter 3 years ago, the VA put me and 4 other vets in individual apartments, sharing a common breeze way. One guy lost it, destroyed his apartment and split. One guy should have PTSD post the Gulf War, but is mellow. The remaining guy is post Korea DMZ, smokes crack, and is a maybe for a reason to have PTSD. (He also likes to shoot off his weapon, but random gunfire is common in the Memphis Hoods - you learn to tolerate it). I got my PTSD from my sociopathic stepchildren. I keep everybody in beer, and we all watch each others back!

I am not saying that CR has PTSD, only that it is a good story to sell to the jury to create plausible deniability in a Diminished Capacity defence.

Frankly, I think that CR is closer to an Intermittent Explosive Disorder Dx, and had a convent "Red Out" However, his "block out" to me is more like what my sociopathic adult stepchildren would do when they did not want to talk about something speciality serious (e.g. criminal) that they did.

What do you think, if you have any additional ideas to share?

Thanks

I don’t know as much about IED (the disorder, not the explosives!) but if he had IED, it’s likely we would have seen evidence of this before now. I’m much more inclined to agree with you that he doesn’t want to talk about it.

I know I've seen other posts saying CR might have driven right past his house, but I didn't know he literally lived off 200st. I thought he was closer to the farm. That is only 1.5 miles straight north from the LE POI map 430th and 200st. location. If he drove the easiest route south, he did go right past his house. That is wild, imo.

Top red circle is CR's house, bottom red is LE's POI.

Am I seriously always the last person to figure these things out?

Hey, back in the day he would have been stopping for a pack of smokes to replace the one she knocked out of his rolled up T-shirt sleeves.

Propriety, the number of very nice and kind ladies on this site, and the mods prevent me from saying out right just how common (in every way possible) CR's behavior (excluding the murder, in most cases) was in the "day". Including one well meaning well adjusted sociopath who told me, when I was a teen, to "never hit a woman with a closed fist, always use an open hand" or how to beat a woman without leaving bruses. This is just how some men were raised.

I can see in my mind's eye how CR's interaction with MT went. He approached her, he tried his smooth line and or patented move, she said something to him past threatening to call the cops, he took it as her smart mouthing him, he grabbed her, B!+@h slapped her, took her to the ground, slammed her head into the blacktop, and things went downhill from there.

I've seen or heard the same many times before, nothing new here.

Hey, back in the day he would have been stopping for a pack of smokes to replace the one she knocked out of his rolled up T-shirt sleeves.

Propriety, the number of very nice and kind ladies on this site, and the mods prevent me from saying out right just how common (in every way possible) CR's behavior (excluding the murder, in most cases) was in the "day". Including one well meaning well adjusted sociopath who told me, when I was a teen, to "never hit a woman with a closed fist, always use an open hand" or how to beat a woman without leaving bruses. This is just how some men were raised.

I can see in my mind's eye how CR's interaction with MT went. He approached her, he tried his smooth line and or patented move, she said something to him past threatening to call the cops, he took it as her smart mouthing him, he grabbed her, B!+@h slapped her, took her to the ground, slammed her head into the blacktop, and things went downhill from there.

I've seen or heard the same many times before, nothing new here.
I've imagined a similar scenario. He gets pissed, grabs at her, she starts fighting back, which pisses him off even more, and he gets violent. I've even considered the blood on the side of her head coming from having her hair grabbed hard and yanked around by it. I hate to think about that, and it makes me want to punch him in the face, too.

Last edited:
Is it common for family (victim's family and the accuser) to be present for the arraignment? Me personally, if it were my daughter I would want to be present at every event. I would perfect the "stink-eye" and dead-stare him.

Don't know how a jury will see it, but I would have to wonder how much an American PI can actually find in Mexico and how much of what he thinks he found is misinformation deliberately spoon fed to him . . .

I keep joking about Danny DeVito or Paul Drake, but what says that any investigative firm that knows its business would send an Americano to do a Latino's job?

Whoever does this job must be a fluent bi-lingual speaker, and know the workings of the Mexican school system, healthcare delivery system, and rural economy and life. And how to stay alive in the midfle of a drug war. There are 84 million Latinos in this country, I would imagine that there are fluent speakers of Mexican (not Spanish - there is a difference), EX-LE (Border Patrol, DEA, Texas Rangers, various boarder Sheriff Depts and LE) contractors who could do the job, or a local contractor in Mexico. They might also do well to send a legal member of CR's family (if only by marriage) with their PI or to work with the local contractor. An actual family member would open many and major doors in Mexico. The only concern that the defence will have about "spoon fed" info is that it can't be impeached in court, and it does not harm their client. Remember, that it is only the prosecution who must share all their info with the defence, NOT the other way around!

CR's attorneys made it clear they would be back to ask for more money as needed. The State of Iowa is obligated to pay this tab, to not do so is to give CR a ticket to a successful appeal of his conviction!

His new lawyers might seek to get the trial moved to another location.

Again, I say that if the venue were moved to New York City. If the jurors were selected from the NYC metro area, but the pool were limited only to Hispanics from the Caribbean, Cuba, South America, Central America, Mexico and Puerto Rico he would still be found guilty by a jury of Hispanic peers. Everyone on that jury will have a sister, a daughter, a girlfriend, or a mother.

Change the venue all you want, the preponderance of the evidence we currently know about is so damming, that a jury of pedophiles from the State Penatentary would find him guilty!

Is it common for family (victim's family and the accuser) to be present for the arraignment? Me personally, if it were my daughter I would want to be present at every event. I would perfect the "stink-eye" and dead-stare him.

It's usually an open court, if you can get a seat welcome to the show. Sometimes seating is restricted for security or other reasons, it's up to the Judge and sometimes LE (ALWAYS per the Judge - his word is literly law).

Some families have the strength to be there everytime to give the stink eye, some not. It is entirely up to them.

Last edited:
The Arraignment on Wednesday will be interesting as it could have been done in written form; but the Defense wanted it in open court.

So that the Judge could be certain of CR's ability to understand the charges, per the defence team (from what I recall reading above, I believe per MSM). Even the defence wants all the T's crossed and the I's dotted, even I wonder what their game is?

Maybe time for CR to put on an all out, bat s$!t crazy, wackadoodle show? Never too early to start.

Rivera's father claims that Rivera left home at the age of 16, and Rivera claims that his birth year is 1997 (PI funds application), so he must have arrived in Iowa after June, 2013 - possibly after completing grade 10, Preparatoria 35. His girlfriend was pregnant in 2013, so that must have happened right after he arrived.

It will be interesting to watch if the birthdate is amended on the Court File because at this time, the 06/11/94 DOB still appears there.

Iowa Courts Online Search - Select Action
(Trial Court - Search Case)

I’m perplexed as to how LE obtained CBR’s legal name but could’ve gotten his date of birth wrong on the original murder charge. Do we know beyond any reasonable doubt that the financial affidavit is legit?

Last edited:
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/p...-2018_DCI_ArrestWarrantComplaintAffidavit.pdf
He came to an intersection He made a uturn drove back to entrance to a field and then drove in the driveway to cornfield. He then notices the earbud in his lap and that is when he realized he put her in the trunk.

He drives to cornfield with no memory of what did to Mollie...nothing at all in his mind relating to Mollie... then at cornfield he remembers because of ear piece in his lap that he put her in the trunk?

Why drive to location in the first place if no memory ? If not for earpiece in lap what were you doing driving there? Would body just stay in trunk while CR strolls around in cornfield? If no ear piece to remind him??

Honestly this story of his??

Another part I’m just wondering.. Would LE ask him could you use your phone to show us the route you took ?
Is this LE tying CR to his memory before the ear piece in his lap and mollie in the trunk story.. if CR can not only show on his phone the route he took that night,
and then guide LE from his own memory to location of Mollie...
both the phone use by CR of his route taken and CRs’s use of his memory guiding LE to her, aren’t they both pieces of evidence that he had no memory loss?

Re reading the supporting elements of the alleged crime appears to be written to include CR’s story but also to blow up his story. IMO

I'm just going to throw this out there. If ANY of the information on the arrest warrants, affidavits etc is incorrect could the whole trial be derailed??? I mean at this point who knows what is correct or not with regards to CR.

I'm just going to throw this out there. If ANY of the information on the arrest warrants, affidavits etc is incorrect could the whole trial be derailed??? I mean at this point who knows what is correct or not with regards to CR.
I'm still surprised they didn't make him complete the application. And I'm surprised that they passed it through without questioning the birthdate. Defence could argue, if the birthday is wrong, who knows what other information they think they have about CR could be wrong. The docs need to be verified and corrected ASAP. MOO

Last edited:

There is a guy doing 42 months as John Doe for ID fraud, in Massachusetts. No DOB, no ID, trial went fine. He won't say who he actually is.

I believe that trivial details like DOB, especially with this guy's history of ID fraud, should not derail trial. CR could be prosecuted as John Doe, DOB unknown.

Substantive errors in the warrant could cause major problems. I don't think LE told any deliberate fibs.

JMOO

I'm still surprised they didn't make him complete the application. And I'm surprised that they passed it through without questioning the birthdate. Defence could argue, if the birthday is wrong, who knows what other information they think they have about CR could be wrong. The docs need to be verified and corrected ASAP.

How can he be forced to fill out anything. As a suspect he has a right to not incriminate himself.

If the State is paying $5000 for a PI, apparently they are happy with the financial affidavit. Perhaps his attorney submitted a W-2 for JB?

This is the whole point to Miranda, and that protection does not end just because one is in custody. It ends once you are convicted.

Though, technically, CR earned nothing in the last 12 months, JB did. The form is correct as filled out. If CR filled in that line, he would be admitting to ID fraud. His attorney may have told him to leave it blank. I severely doubt that CR signed anything without his attorney present. How can the attorney complain about any info on the form, if he was there when it was filled out, or he filled it out for CR?

Look at all the different handwritings on that form.

Also, there is a guy in Massachusetts doing 42 months for ID fraud. The authorities do not know who he is. Arrested, charged, convicted, jailed as John Doe, DOB unknown.

JMOO

There is a guy doing 42 months as John Doe for ID fraud, in Massachusetts. No DOB, no ID, trial went fine. He won't say who he actually is.

I believe that trivial details like DOB, especially with this guy's history of ID fraud, should not derail trial. CR could be prosecuted as John Doe, DOB unknown.

Substantive errors in the warrant could cause major problems. I don't think LE told any deliberate fibs.

JMOO

Yes if CRs proper DOB cannot be determined, it’d be reasonable it be left as unknown. I don’t think LE told any deliberate fibs either but I’d expect once CR disclosed his name, the FBI or State Police had the means to check Mexican birth records prior to the warrant for arrest. But two different dates...It’s something that requires clarification at some point in time I would think.

Yes if CRs proper DOB cannot be determined, it’d be reasonable it be left as unknown. I don’t think LE told any deliberate fibs either but I’d expect once CR disclosed his name, the FBI or State Police had the means to check Mexican birth records prior to the warrant for arrest. But two different dates...It’s something that requires clarification at some point in time I would think.
the whole of who he is and date of birth, etc. is so shady it might have been better as a john doe and unknown date of birth. I hope they have more than just his word on who he is. sure he had social media in the CR name but it could also be a another fake or assumed name.

the whole of who he is and date of birth, etc. is so shady it might have been better as a john doe and unknown date of birth. I hope they have more than just his word on who he is. sure he had social media in the CR name but it could also be a another fake or assumed name.
I just hope the feds have the correct year. Discrepancies bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot