Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MAY 19,2021
Cristhian Bahena Rivera's Defense Suggest Someone Else Killed Mollie Tibbetts (lawandcrime.com)
Defense attorneys for Cristhian Bahena Rivera appear to be suggesting an alternate suspect in the murder of college student Mollie Tibbetts — even though Bahena Rivera allegedly led investigators straight to Tibbetts’ body. Based on early cross examination, the defense’s alternate suspect appears to the victim’s boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

It remains to be seen how — or whether — the defense will try to put these details together. The defense tactically chose to postpone its opening statement until after the state’s case in chief.

[...]

DNA analysis of blood in Bahena Rivera’s trunk revealed it was Mollie’s, the prosecutor said. But the defense is pointing to unknown blood and fingerprints found in Bahena Rivera’s trunk as grounds for reasonable doubt.

An autopsy revealed that Tibbetts had been stabbed seven times.

This cause of death brings us to the defense’s approach to the case. Dalton Jack’s brother, Blake Jack, took the stand first. He testified to being out of town in the city of Newton at a job site for his construction company. During cross-examination, defense lawyer Jennifer Frese got him to acknowledge that both siblings are avid hunters who would field dress animals using a knife.

She suggested that Tibbetts and Dalton Jack had relationship problems, that Dalton cheated on Tibbetts, and that Dalton had anger problems. Blake said he was not aware of that.

[...]

Under cross-examination, Jack acknowledged having a temper at ages 16 and 17, but not anymore. Frese asserted through a question that Dalton had once choked a man out, but the state objected as to relevance. The judge sustained the objection.

Dalton Jack then acknowledged getting into fights. During re-cross, he said he did not remember telling Mollie he did not like other men looking at her.

Dalton said he never had access to Bahena Rivera’s vehicle and that he and Tibbetts never had a connection with the defendant.

[...]

Maybe it ended early today because of the juror who wasn’t feeling well.... or they were out of witnesses for today.
That is my assumption. Just wrap it up for the day, let the juror recover and not waste court time. Keep in mind, the judge has tons of other cases to oversee at the same time. An extra hour is HUGE to him.

Yes, CBR merits a defense. But to insinuate that Mollie's brothers are in any way involved, is extreme. Same with the BF, who was miles away, working.

Not out stalking young women running.

The slime factor here. Does every single person have to have an ironclad alibi for every moment of their life, in case someone they know gets murdered?

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Frese asked if Jack withheld information to police about having an affair with another woman. Jack says yes. "You didn't deem it pertinent?" "I was 19 years old." Says he and #MollieTibbetts got past it.@KCCINews
10:58 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Frese: "Mollie was upset that you cheated on her, correct?" "Yes."@kccinews
#BahenaRiveraTrial
10:58 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
"Were you not telling ______ you were going to break up with Mollie?" "I do not recall." (I'm not naming this woman as she hasn't been called as witness.)
11:02 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Dalton was having a sexual relationship with this woman. Mollie found out by going through Dalton's phone "while I was asleep." Frese says the woman told Mollie about the relationship.
11:03 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Chad Frese asking about "mysterious man" Dalton told police about on July 27th. Says the man was in all black, walking by the house.
11:05 AM · May 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

:mad::mad::mad: (I understand that it's the job of the defense to sow doubt but this is infuriating!)
Oh man, I knew these Freses' were going to be bottom dwellers, but this is pathetic and is only going to alienate the jurors IMO. Wow smdh

I know this is going to be a heartbreaking case to hear. Mollie's death really affected me as I am an avid runner myself. All of these cases of women just out doing something they love and deserve to do with freedom from fear, but instead being attacked, raped and killed is so beyond disgusting and unfair.

Mollie had a lot of good to give this world, and this scum CBR took it from her and all of us. I have no doubt he'll be found guilty, but we're in for some emotional testimony. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and loved ones.

Thanks everyone for all the updates!!! Is @SharonNeedles there live?

MAY 19,2021
Cristhian Bahena Rivera's Defense Suggest Someone Else Killed Mollie Tibbetts (lawandcrime.com)
Defense attorneys for Cristhian Bahena Rivera appear to be suggesting an alternate suspect in the murder of college student Mollie Tibbetts — even though Bahena Rivera allegedly led investigators straight to Tibbetts’ body. Based on early cross examination, the defense’s alternate suspect appears to the victim’s boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

It remains to be seen how — or whether — the defense will try to put these details together. The defense tactically chose to postpone its opening statement until after the state’s case in chief.

[...]

DNA analysis of blood in Bahena Rivera’s trunk revealed it was Mollie’s, the prosecutor said. But the defense is pointing to unknown blood and fingerprints found in Bahena Rivera’s trunk as grounds for reasonable doubt.

An autopsy revealed that Tibbetts had been stabbed seven times.

This cause of death brings us to the defense’s approach to the case. Dalton Jack’s brother, Blake Jack, took the stand first. He testified to being out of town in the city of Newton at a job site for his construction company. During cross-examination, defense lawyer Jennifer Frese got him to acknowledge that both siblings are avid hunters who would field dress animals using a knife.

She suggested that Tibbetts and Dalton Jack had relationship problems, that Dalton cheated on Tibbetts, and that Dalton had anger problems. Blake said he was not aware of that.

[...]

Under cross-examination, Jack acknowledged having a temper at ages 16 and 17, but not anymore. Frese asserted through a question that Dalton had once choked a man out, but the state objected as to relevance. The judge sustained the objection.

Dalton Jack then acknowledged getting into fights. During re-cross, he said he did not remember telling Mollie he did not like other men looking at her.

Dalton said he never had access to Bahena Rivera’s vehicle and that he and Tibbetts never had a connection with the defendant.

[...]
If the unknown blood and fingerprints were from the boyfriend or brother, we would have known already. So going after them in front of the jury seems stupid.

Create reasonable doubt with other people who had access to the car--maybe one of his coworkers or friends? But going after someone with a credible alibi seems pointless. JMO

I know this is going to be a heartbreaking case to hear. Mollie's death really affected me as I am an avid runner myself. All of these cases of women just out doing something they love and deserve to do with freedom from fear, but instead being attacked, raped and killed is so beyond disgusting and unfair.

Mollie had a lot of good to give this world, and this scum CBR took it from her and all of us. I have no doubt he'll be found guilty, but we're in for some emotional testimony. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and loved ones.

Thanks everyone for all the updates!!! Is @SharonNeedles there live?

I have stopped running because there have been so many of these abductions. I ride my bike now, hoping it is a bit safer.

I have stopped running because there have been so many of these abductions. I ride my bike now, hoping it is a bit safer.
That is sad that you gave up running. But I understand. I grew up in a small town, not that different from Brooklyn, IA. In those days, no one thought twice about running anywhere, anytime, male or female. I now live in a larger place. Every morning on the way to work i drive by a large park. There are always people running. I notice many of the women running with their dogs. I am sure they want exercise for their pets. But we all know the real reason these women are running with their dogs. I applaud them for still living their lives and also protecting themselves. I just think it is sad that it is necessary.

THANK YOU for these updates today- almost as good as following in real time!

Curious- anyone seen reported how many/who is there to back CR? He was said to have a lot of family in the area. His cousin (female) had to be subpoenaed regarding ownership of the car. Would love to know why- doesn’t want to be associated with him or doesn’t want to help put him away?

Also wondering which of Mollie’s friends/family are there- 100 miles away from home. I hope they are surrounded by support & the good memories unrelated to this horrible horrible day.

That is sad that you gave up running. But I understand. I grew up in a small town, not that different from Brooklyn, IA. In those days, no one thought twice about running anywhere, anytime, male or female. I now live in a larger place. Every morning on the way to work i drive by a large park. There are always people running. I notice many of the women running with their dogs. I am sure they want exercise for their pets. But we all know the real reason these women are running with their dogs. I applaud them for still living their lives and also protecting themselves. I just think it is sad that it is necessary.

Not to detract from Mollie Tibbets, but this was the case that ended my morning runs.

Montana teacher dead days after going missing during run, 2 detained | CNN

Not to detract from Mollie Tibbets, but this was the case that ended my morning runs.

Montana teacher dead days after going missing during run, 2 detained | CNN
I used to ride my bike...thank goodness I could ride to the police station to have an officer take me and my bike home. :/

Molly should have been safe..they don't even lock doors there. But there were actually several very sketchy people all around her...the ones we know of anyway.

I'm glad the defense is trying to pin it on the BF. I want this killer to have a good defense....so that when he is convicted he has no valid appeal.

Last edited:
THANK YOU for these updates today- almost as good as following in real time!

Curious- anyone seen reported how many/who is there to back CR? He was said to have a lot of family in the area. His cousin (female) had to be subpoenaed regarding ownership of the car. Would love to know why- doesn’t want to be associated with him or doesn’t want to help put him away?

Also wondering which of Mollie’s friends/family are there- 100 miles away from home. I hope they are surrounded by support & the good memories unrelated to this horrible horrible day.

From the Gazette: Public not allowed inside the Courtroom...

The trial is being held at the Scott County Courthouse in Davenport, where it was moved on a change of venue. Because of pandemic concerns, the public is not allowed to attend in-person. The trial is being livestreamed by Court TV and other media outlets, including TheGazette.com, and is expected to last through next week.

I watched the suppression of evidence hearing which lasted more than 2 days and can confirm CBR has several extended family members and a daughter in the area-- several were called to testify during that hearing. The accused actually spent about 1/3 of his life in/near Brooklyn, IA where Mollie was murdered.

The cousin testified she was a straw buyer for CBR's vehicle and applied for a loan that she paid with proceeds she'd receive monthly from CBR -- this fact may also have made her reluctant to testify. (Cousin was the legal, registered owner of the Chev Malibu owned by CBR and used to transport Mollie's body in the trunk).

Mollie Tibbetts trial: Boyfriend denies role in 2018 slaying

It is just going to piss off the jury, I think. They have video of his vehicle following her. They have her blood in his trunk, and he told them where her body was. So how does a rumour about a cheating boyfriend or the fact they are hunters change the other facts? Especially when both roomates were out of state, when the murder happened?

It is gaslighting by the defense and I hope the jury is offended.
I'm in a neighbor state (Nebraska) and yes, it offends me. We are midwest, farm states, and smoke and mirrors don't impress us, just the facts. Thankfully they are holding the trial in the smaller county of Davenport, rather than the county that Des Moines is located. Yes, because farm communities and counties don't respond to the current trends of social leniency given to people that may commit crimes. Please defense, show me facts that support your questioning, not just your words of doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa