Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the number of stab wounds: there were 5 in the back of the bra and 1 in the front. There were a total of 9 definitive (evidenced by bones and clothing) and 3 that he thought looked like stab wounds.

Maybe he dragged her by her bra.
That's an idea. I hadn't thought about that.
However he would have had to stab her first while she was wearing her sports bra, then grabbed her by the sports bra and drug her.

Last edited:
I am curious why they didn't mention CBR's cell activity. He had a phone, so I wonder if he had it on him that night? I can't imagine why they wouldn't introduce that evidence if he did have it. It would ping where she was and where her phone was. Maybe he didn't have the phone?

I also would have liked to see how long the Fitbit was stopped or not moving in the same way it was previously while she was running and during the time they had it going 60mp.. how long was it not moving at all before the 60mph? Maybe they said and I missed it?

Last thing would be checking out his cell data in the weeks before this. Did he drive around looking for her other nights? Did he just decide that day she was the target? Did the camera pick him up in the days before that? Had he been to that cornfield before? It seems like the perfect spot and I don't think someone plans this out and then doesn't have an idea in mind already where to take her. Did he visit that spot before or since the day of her murder? He had 5 weeks between the killing and his arrest. Was his cell ever pinging in that area after that? His cell data was not even mentioned that I heard. I wonder why that is.
Idk about CR’s phone, but most info came from Mollie’s phone. FBI phone tech guy testified today that Mollie’s Fitbit model’s data had to be uploaded after a run- so route not available for that night. Which makes the 8:20pm ish heart rate part confusing… Did anyone catch why route would need to be uploaded after a run, but heart rate would upload in real time? Missed that if presented…

If his father was making $10 a day, how can his family afford to pay his defense attorneys? This article says his lawyers are paid by family and acquaintances, not public funds.

VERIFY: Cristhian Bahena Rivera's attorneys aren't paid for with taxpayer money | weareiowa.com
His uncle is very likely paying the bills.
I find it sincerely disgusting that “family (uncle?) and friends” would back CB after what he’s done. Surely they don’t believe he’s innocent? Smh

It is so ridiculous. He cheated when he was about 18. Who doesn't cheat at that age?
Is that your experience?

Thank you for clarifying. I must have assumed he was with his parents since he was a minor.
People assume that about minors who are with their parents. Just think about all the "unaccompanied" minors who are crossing the border everyday. I would say a lot more of them are like CBR than they are little kids.

Idk about CR’s phone, but most info came from Mollie’s phone. FBI phone tech guy testified today that Mollie’s Fitbit model’s data had to be uploaded after a run- so route not available for that night. Which makes the 8:20pm ish heart rate part confusing… Did anyone catch why route would need to be uploaded after a run, but heart rate would upload in real time? Missed that if presented…

It's possible the data is stored differently? Maybe the actual map of the run is saved in a different way and doesn't create or maybe doesn't save unless the user ends the activity on Fitbit. The H/R data might save periodically as it is being sent. Usually Fibbit users have the app downloaded on their phone so they can look at the activities later, including sleep data and so on. I think the h/r is always being recorded and we don't have to save it or do anything in order to have that data. The run map is likely on saved if the person saves it due to an activity because there isn't built in GPS on most FitBit models. The newer ones are more like an apple watch and likely have real time info on location, but the Fitbit's without GPS rely on the person's phone for GPS and they are linked and therefore won't have the map until is saved. Just my own best guess and not in any way professional opinion on how these things work. lol I have used a Fitbit for 5+ years now and know what data I can see real time all the time and what data I have to save to see on the app and that is how I made my guess. :)

I'll stop harping on it after this...but whoever posted the stick figure drawing in the trunk...to me he could bother her, turn around like he is leaving and run up behind her, grab that pony-tail, yank her head down a bit and pound a stab wound/hole in the side of her head. Then he drags her knocked out body on a gravel road by the hair and her shirt and puts her in the trunk. Her head bleeds where the stick figure shows and her knees/legs bleed where stick figure legs are. She is in the trunk and he speeds off to secluded brutal darkness in the cornfield.
The effort they all are making to say how nice she was....to show the stark contrast to him and what he did to her.
Just heart breaking.

I find it sincerely disgusting that “family (uncle?) and friends” would back CB after what he’s done. Surely they don’t believe he’s innocent? Smh

It's common for the family of murderers to be in denial, and to find reasons to believe that the suspect is persecuted for some other reason. If they hear the evidence, they must be coming to terms with who he is.

His shirt? I read something about him removing his shirt after the murder because it was bloody.
No her shirt..over the sport bra. I think DJ testified ( because it has been specifically brought up a few times) that it was originally his shirt but she sort of borrowed it until it was her running shirt.

Is that your experience?

It is my experience with teenagers, that they tend to mess up and be more impulsive, than grown ups.

And yes, I had boyfriends who 'cheated' when I was very young. And my kids and their friends had similar experiences. JMO

I don't think it is that big of a deal for a teenager to 'cheat' in a relationship. And cheating can be calling another girl, or kissing someone. It is not like a married person having an affair.

No her shirt..over the sport bra. I think DJ testified ( because it has been specifically brought up a few times) that it was originally his shirt but she sort of borrowed it until it was her running shirt.

I think she was last seen wearing a pink athletic top, referred to as a pink sports bra during trial.

"Tibbetts was last seen wearing dark-colored running shorts, a pink athletic top and neon running shoes."
Opening Statements Begin in Trial of Mollie Tibbetts' Alleged Killer: What to Know About the Case

I predict that they make a big deal about the lack of blood in the trunk. And that is a fair point to bring up.
Yes. To me that is why they keep pointing out that there was an implied struggle in the cornfield with her clothing strewn all about and no blood left in her body. Also that any blood that was there would have washed away in the rain that night and days after.

It is my experience with teenagers, that they tend to mess up and be more impulsive, than grown ups.

And yes, I had boyfriends who 'cheated' when I was very young. And my kids and their friends had similar experiences. JMO

I don't think it is that big of a deal for a teenager to 'cheat' in a relationship. And cheating can be calling another girl, or kissing someone. It is not like a married person having an affair.

It's fairly common today for people who are dating to date more than one person until things get serious, and even when they seem serious it's rarely 100% exclusive for 18-19 year olds.

Ok, thank you. I still think I heard DJ talk about the shirt...I wonder if we can find that. Maybe he is confident dude with pink shirt .:)

I missed testimony about a shirt, but it seems that she was not wearing it the night she was abducted and murdered. There was a witness who saw her jogging that night - that would be the only person who could say for sure what she was wearing.

I can't handle the graphic details, I feel so sorry for her loved ones.
This has really been a lot for me today too. I need to do something else for a while.
Thanks for listening to me post today, y'all. I'll try to go calm down. I probably should not watch tomorrow...but I probably will.
She seems like such a sweetheart. I'll have to try to better myself.
Bless her and all of her locvd ones.

His uncle is very likely paying the bills.
From the link above:

Some Iowans also think Bahena Rivera's public defender is running up the state's tab and costing taxpayers money.

Local 5 can verify: Bahena Rivera is being defended by Chad and Jennifer Frese, a private legal team based in Marshalltown.

They said the defense is being funded by "family and acquaintances," meaning Behena Rivera's attorneys are not being paid for by the public.
______

I might be thinking of another case but I thought I remembered State funds approved for an investigator for the defendant. MOO

ETA: add link -- confirming funds approved for Investigator

Man accused of killing Mollie Tibbetts to receive government funding for private investigator

Last edited:
Another article about what was missing when Mollie was missing

"Mollie's mom told DailyMail.com that all the items and clothes she took on her run have never been located.

These include her Fitbit, a gold-colored iPhone 7s in a protective case, some white earbuds and an armband pouch she used to hold the handset while she ran.

Her dark colored running shorts, pink sports top and running shoes are also yet to be found despite extensive searches of Brooklyn and the surrounding county."
3 August 2018
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29