GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the rule providing for guilty of inferior charge than what the defendant was indicted.

CHAPTER 2 RULES OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

Rule 2.22 Verdict

[..]

2.22(3) Finding offense of different degree; included offenses. Upon trial of an offense consisting of different degrees, the jury may find the defendant not guilty of the degree charged in the indictment or information, and guilty of any degree inferior thereto, or of an attempt to commit the offense when such attempt is prohibited by law. In all cases, the defendant may be found guilty of any offense the commission of which is necessarily included in that with which the defendant is charged.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/ACO/CourtRulesChapter/2.pdf

Re: Comparative Strength
A man, especially one that is physically fit, with demented motivation or rage and a weapon, will usually overpower a woman… no matter how much we wish it were otherwise.

Re: Saving Mollie
Just yesterday, as I was sitting in a commercial parking lot in my car, reading this website and awaiting a verdict, when a female jogger ran by. She was young, wearing very small athletic shorts and a small sports bra (e.g. not much.) It was 92 outside in Florida! She was definitely a runner. The irony was strong.

What could you do? Tell her to stop? Tell her that she is at risk? Women run every day. Sadly, it is similar to airplane crashes. When tragedy strikes we all hear the news.

We have discussed this on other similar threads. And INMO, women who take a "self defense class" at the Y, and think that they are "prepared" are fooling themselves.

Granted, an 11 year old girl got away from a man in Florida the other day, thank goodness. Luck?

A man has more physical strength than a woman. Yes, there may be some "Super Women", but 99% of the time, men are stronger.

If CBR hit Mollie, with her having literally no preparation for the attack, she would have been down, and thrown in the back of the trunk that fast.

Sobering reality.

Nicole Agee on Twitter
@KristinRogersTV reports lots of pizzas were just delivered to the courthouse, though we haven't heard if the jury is pausing deliberations for lunch. We're now at seven hours without a verdict. #BahenaRiveraTrial In case you're wondering, it was Dominos.@KCRG
12:33 PM · May 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nicole Agee on Twitter
We have confirmed the jury is taking a lunch. To the knowledge of our EMC coordinator, the jury has not asked any questions. @KCRG
12:47 PM · May 28, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
Most jurors take their job very seriously. Speaking for myself I would want to go thru all the evidence and discuss no matter what I thought going into deliberations. I really don't stress when it's early in. Even though I want to know, like yesterday :D

Most jurors take their job very seriously. Speaking for myself I would want to go thru all the evidence and discuss no matter what I thought going into deliberations. I really don't stress when it's early in. Even though I want to know, like yesterday :D

I agree. I'd want to review what the differences are in the charges andmake sure I understand the law per judge's instructions. I also suspect with all the border issues and political viewpoints regarding illegal immigration and allegations of prejudice in the news these days some may want to make extra sure they are basing their decision on only what they heard in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB