GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beyond frustrated with that trial. I’m more convinced than ever now that Mollie was not killed along 385th Ave or there would have been so much more blood in the car.

Frustrated that CR didn’t know how to get to that cornfield unless LE swung by his place first. Does anybody else consider that maybe the one and only time he went to that field was from his trailer (which is 1.75 miles from where Mollie was abducted).

And the severity of the injuries… We’re supposed to assume he carries weapons like that in his car? There would be dozens of farm tools at the farm.

But no, those questions will likely never be answered now because answering them would be extremely uncomfortable and CR has no motivation to tell us what happened.
I feel like many things didn't add up with this trial and there were lots of unexplained, missing, and/or disjointed statements. I believe what was ordered out due to the Miranda hearing might have helped explain and clear up lot of the confusion I am feeling.

I feel like many things didn't add up with this trial and there were lots of unexplained, missing, and/or disjointed statements. I believe what was ordered out due to the Miranda hearing might have helped explain and clear up lot of the confusion I am feeling.

I disagree. What was disallowed was the interview/interrogation that happened between the hours 11:30 pm and early morning when authorities and CBR left the Sheriff's Office to drive to the cornfield including driving by CBR's residence so he could orient himself on how to reach the cornfield.

I don't believe that CBR ever provided LE any details of how he murdered Mollie because he "blocked it" or "blacked out." I also think it was during these hours that authorities first learned that the blood found in CBR's vehicle tested positive for Mollie's blood. It was this information that was most feared at being lost but was safe after the Court ruled that CBR voluntarily gave LE permission to search his vehicle at the farm.

The suppression of evidence hearings are online. MOO

I disagree. What was disallowed was the interview/interrogation that happened between the hours 11:30 pm and early morning when authorities and CBR left the Sheriff's Office to drive to the cornfield including driving by CBR's residence so he could orient himself on how to reach the cornfield.

I don't believe that CBR ever provided LE any details of how he murdered Mollie because he "blocked it" or "blacked out." I also think it was during these hours that authorities first learned that the blood found in CBR's vehicle tested positive for Mollie's blood. It was this information that was most feared at being lost but was safe after the Court ruled that CBR voluntarily gave LE permission to search his vehicle at the farm.

The suppression of evidence hearings are online. MOO

He's being voluntarily questioned / interviewed, is read the incomplete Miranda Rights. They find Mollie's blood
in the trunk during the voluntarily questioning / interview, so read him the complete Miranda Rights again, that now becomes a formal interview. I know the Judge decided to allow the evidence, but it's still there to be Appealed, the more I think about it, the less sense it makes.

The Judge made a call on it, yes he viewed / heard it, but there are other factors, was it a 11 hour work day for him, didn't he fall asleep, etc. These are all very important.

A interesting read - A HISTORY OF MIRANDA AND WHY IT REMAINS VITAL TODAY*

https://scholar.valpo.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1225&context=vulr
Ok, so he had an 11 hour workday....there was a young lady missing---should the cops let him go and sleep , and ignore the missing and endangered victim? Isn't time of the essence when there is a kidnapping?

They knew he owned the car that was stalking the missing girl. Doesn't that take precedence over this needed rest? The cops were very tired as well, working overtime trying to find Mollie.

And he was given chances to rest during that long interview. He laid his head down and took a nap a couple of times. And had food and water breaks. More than he gave his victim, that's for sure.

Last edited:
He's being voluntarily questioned / interviewed, is read the incomplete Miranda Rights. They find Mollie's blood
in the trunk during the voluntarily questioning / interview, so read him the complete Miranda Rights again, that now becomes a formal interview. I know the Judge decided to allow the evidence, but it's still there to be Appealed, the more I think about it, the less sense it makes.
So, even though her blood was in his trunk, after he kidnapped her, and stabbed her--you are saying it should not be allowed as evidence in his trial?
Are you saying he should be free now, walking around town with no worries?

Ok, so he had an 11 hour workday....there was a young lady missing---should the cops let him go and sleep , and ignore the missing and endangered victim? Isn't time of the essence when there is a kidnapping?

They knew he owned the car that was stalking the missing girl. Doesn't that take precedence over this needed rest? The cops were very tired as well, working overtime trying to find Mollie.

And he was given chances to rest during that long interview. He laid his head down and took a nap a couple of times. And had food and water breaks. More than he gave his victim, that's for sure.

I don't know what his sleeping patterns are, but up at 7am and finishing at 5pm I think, is a long day. The fact that he was sleeping at times, then woken, questioned, then sleeping, then woken, then questions, I'm not a psychologist, but -

Why Sleep Deprivation Is Torture.

So, even though her blood was in his trunk, after he kidnapped her, and stabbed her--you are saying it should not be allowed as evidence in his trial?
Are you saying he should be free now, walking around town with no worries?

I'm not saying that at all, they are your words not mine. I'm saying he is entitled to the same degree of justice as everyone else. If you like, 'why should he be the exception to the rule'. What you seem to be saying that it doesn't matter if law enforcement doesn't follow the correct protocols, they can make up their own protocols, when they like.

He was re-Mirandized before he went in that cornfield directly to her battered remains that were so hidden, teams of LE could not find her in there. Only he could find her.

He stabbed her in her face and put a hole in her skull (probably because she was screaming!)
Mollie is entitled to the same degree of justice as everyone else.

He was re-Mirandized before he went in that cornfield directly to her battered remains that were so hidden, teams of LE could not find her in there. Only he could find her.

He stabbed her in her face and put a hole in her skull (probably because she was screaming!)
Mollie is entitled to the same degree of justice as everyone else.

Whose saying that Mollie isn't entitled to the same Justice?

The correct protocols weren't followed, yes LE tried to correct themselves, yes the Judge allowed it, but law enforcement did 'transgress' that is a 'fact'.

that isn’t grounds for appeal. There’s Supreme Court case law on remedying deficient Miranda warnings.

Along the way has there been any indication CBR belongs to something like MS13?

I read a book recently by a psychiatrist that included a section on MS13's satanic predilections.

I highly doubt that. I’m more than willing to accept any evidence to the contrary….but I think it’s just all of us trying to make sense of the incomprehensible. What CBR did was savage(I know a “bad word” in today’s world, true in this instance), pure evil, selfishness, and heinous…..yet I still see the whole crime as the product of one twisted individual….not MS 13. Like I attempted to say….a very viable threat but imo doesn’t apply to this case.

For me it is all answered...by him. He saw her, he took her, he destroyed her.
There is no gang...just a sexual predator. This is nothing new. It's not complicated.

He told us how...TWICE, once in starring role, 2nd projecting himself onto fictitious sweltering sweater-clad unidentifiable knife wielding ninjas.
He was re-Mirandized before he literally walked them to her decomposed body where it left an imprint in the ground.

He did it. He described it and told the story. He delivered LE to the final site.

I worked 12 hour days all last week, still had to walk my dog, exercise, bath, clean my house, cook and mow the lawn...and no one brought me a d@mn sandwich.

Pretty much exactly this. I support your POV. Sounds very close to what we’ve been able to piece together of what “reality” was in this case.

I don't know what his sleeping patterns are, but up at 7am and finishing at 5pm I think, is a long day. The fact that he was sleeping at times, then woken, questioned, then sleeping, then woken, then questions, I'm not a psychologist, but -

I honestly don’t care how they extracted the information from him….as long as it’s true. The ends justify the means in my book. Which, in return is exactly why I don’t work in LE lol.

I honestly don’t care how they extracted the information from him….as long as it’s true. The ends justify the means in my book. Which, in return is exactly why I don’t work in LE lol.

That's why the US has potentially as many as 120,000 people incarcerated as a result of wrongful conviction, because law enforcement and the legal system didn't care about how how they went about doing their work.

That's why the US has potentially as many as 120,000 people incarcerated as a result of wrongful conviction, because law enforcement and the legal system didn't care about how how they went about doing their work.

Specific to this case, there were more than two days of evidence suppression hearings relative to the deficient Miranda Warning. Having watched the actual proceedings live, I reject any claim that CBR's rights violated or that he's been wrongfully convicted! I believe Court TV still has the suppression hearings online.
MOO

Torture is stalking Mollie, repeatedly stabbing her, likely raping her, and leaving her for the elements, bugs and animals to eat away at her body for 5 weeks so that all DNA is gone and no evidence can be lifted from her body.

The interviewer testified that he was engaging in conversation, answering questions and never mentioned he was tired. He was there being interviewed about a girl he murdered (or if you believe his story about 2 masked me.. then he was there being interviewed and should have been hyped up on adrenaline because his daughter and his mom would be in danger now that he was talking). Even if he was tired, that doesn't make someone somehow know where a body is located if they didn't have anything to do with it.

We can argue semantics till the end of time. In this case specifically I’m damn glad they did the
Due Diligence they did do. Are some(very few) innocently accused? Sure. No system is perfect. But it’s a tiny percentage compared to those actually rightfully accused. When you battle…gangs, rapists, murderers….who don’t frankly give a damn about your “rules” your “code”…..you have to be willing to roll up your selves and get a little dirty like they do in order to stop them. Does that mean you break laws? No. Does that mean you follow the laws to an absolute “T”. Meaning you apply them to the very boundary of being “illegal”. Yes… There is wiggle room for a reason(in other words…argue your defense in a court of law). I give all our LE the ability to do their job and find/arrest these horrific criminals….and if that makes me the bad guy? So be it. All I ask is our LE do their job to the absolute limit. Period. End of story.

Last edited:
It's near insulting to hear that CBR's rights violated for having to answer questions from investigators after he worked a long day on the farm!

Ask how many Brooklyn farmers put in 12 hour days only to grab a bite and join their neighbors to search for Mollie?

Dalton worked 12.5 hour days on a construction crew and managed to drive 150 miles after his shift to meet with investigators and search for Mollie.

And the hog farmer with prior stalking charges? He endured hours of questioning at the fire station and doubt he was offered food.

CBR, convicted for this murder, was hardly singled out without cause!

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members