GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are waiting....

So this vacuum he went to borrow to clean his car for his date... ugh Did they ever submit testimony that he went before he showered? What makes much more sense is he was on his way to get this vacuum when he spotted Mollie running. Did he ever vaccuum the car? Did he get the vacuum after because he had something to clean up? Just many thoughts there. His uncle wasn't home, but he called or left a message or something.. I'll have to go back and look. I don't think there was a date, I think he fabricated that to give a reason for vacuuming the car so soon after he killed Mollie. The date was never called. Did they not have a vacuum at his house?
I'm late to the case today - but he testified (when he was talking about his Ninja mysterious visitors) that he picked up the vacuum from his uncle, but the sun was too hot so he went in to take a shower. I had read earlier that he wanted to vacuum out the trunk of his car because he had a date that night? I don't know of anyone who would want to vacuum a trunk for a date?

He didn't say it directly, he said the motive was sexual I believe was the wording. Legs spread, clothing missing, bra pulled up and he said he left her fully clothed, but the body wasn't disturbed because the corn was just as he left it.
Yes, that is essentially what he said. And it is correct. Obviously this was a sexual assault. But CBR's ninja story says the left her with him and he dumped the body. The killers didn't assault her. So that doesn't fit the story. Jack didn't need to assault her, so there goes that story. The only thing that fits is that CBR abducted her and assaulted her and killed her, much like he admitted to. Because she was "hot."

cathyrusson· 12m

#MollieTibbetts - When/if a verdict is reached, we (media) will be notified and then it will be 30-45 mins before it is read. The jury likely won't deliberate past 4:30 pm CT before being sent home - if no verdict today. @LawCrimeNetwork
----

The damage to the community. This I wonder about. I grew up in a small agricultural town. Lots of migrant labor. But things were fine. Seems like it was in this area too. But this crime, the fact its an illegal on trial, the gf throwing out the statement that Mollie's bf was a "racist," yikes. If there wasn't racial tension before, there very well could be now.
I recall this statement came in between objections and don't recall if Jennifer Frese introduced the term "racist" first or not. Other than the ex-gf graduating in the same class with DJ, I wonder on what basis she made this comment. Personal experience? Hearsay? She was present under a subpoena. I really disliked the defense tactics here.

Yes, that is essentially what he said. And it is correct. Obviously this was a sexual assault. But CBR's ninja story says the left her with him and he dumped the body. The killers didn't assault her. So that doesn't fit the story. Jack didn't need to assault her, so there goes that story. The only thing that fits is that CBR abducted her and assaulted her and killed her, much like he admitted to. Because she was "hot."
Would his counsel not have advised against him saying her clothing was in place, except for one shoe? And wouldn't they have checked that the timing of his story correlated with the video evidence, etc? I guess I don't understand him testifying to things that defy the evidence? Aside from him lying, of course.

I really don't think so -- Judge Joel Yates was so generous with this defense. I also watched the two days of suppression of evidence hearings and this really made a difference to me. I feel strongly that CBR received a fair trial and his conviction will be based on the facts and evidence and not by some procedural error or violation of CBR's rights.
I think CBR has received as fair a trial as is humanly possible. The judge was very generous to the defense. I don't think he did that to help them but simply because he knew this was very high profile and was going to bend over backwards to not do anything prejudicial to the defense. He seems like a pretty good judge from the little I have seen. Sort of the typical small district judge (that I typically really like), very down to earth.

This may be a dumb question, but when a trial like this is covered live, where's the first place we can find out when the jury has reached a verdict? Or any other updates if they take a long time?​

Law & Crime had a verdict twitter account that would send an alert to your phone when a verdict was reached, I can't find it on a search of Twitter and I haven't noticed Cathy Russon mentioning it since verdict watch began, maybe someone here has a link to it though (if it's still active).

Sincere thanks to everyone for posting the trial updates! I couldn’t bring myself to watch it live because…I don’t know why, I guess because Molly’s death was such a totally unnecessary, senseless tragedy, but I really appreciated following along with the trial testimony posted by others here.

I recall this statement came in between objections and don't recall if Jennifer Frese introduced the term "racist" first or not. Other than the ex-gf graduating in the same class with DJ, I wonder on what basis she made this comment. Personal experience? Hearsay? She was present under a subpoena. I really disliked the defense tactics here.
CBR's baby momma used the term. Frece asked her what she knew about DJ and she said she thought he was a racist. Frese immediately said "no further questions." I know about defending clients, but on another note, that was a bomb just lobbed into that community and Frese gets to just walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice