Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be helpful to know what state the house was in. Was the bed slept in? Was the house in disarray? Doors locked/unlocked? Another big clue would be how the dogs were acting and if they had had any accidents in the house.

Of course, this is all stuff LE knows and hopefully they have a much better idea of why happened than we do.

Has there been info re: whether the house seemed disturbed or not?

It's not entirely accurate to say she messaged her boyfriend at 10 p.m. It is accurate to say police believe her phone was used to send a message to her boyfriend at about 10 p.m. And that phone is now missing. LE will know from the pings (or lack thereof) when the phone went dark and where it was last used.

There is a private college - Grinnell College - about 12 - 13 miles away. Apx. 1,750 students. Not sure if there is any relevance but always good to know the lay of the land.

No sign of forced entry that I am aware of or that has been made public. As for what she was wearing, or was supposed to have worn and apparel that is missing, could be she took clothes for the next morning with her somewhere that night. If an additional outfit is missing along with her running outfit, that would seem to be a mitigator to the self-harm theory.

Please go on! Interested in your point of view.

Who would say such a thing? OK, lets stop searching for her so everyone can wait in their homes until we show up to question you? They can't be serious. It makes absolutely NO SENSE. It's ridiculous. The sheriff also seems to think that walking row by row thru the corn is an impossibility and shouldn't even be undertaken. If that's what it takes to find a clue, or find HER..then DO IT!

Young womens social media is full of this...hers is totally average. Unless you have women this age on your accounts you wont see how commonplace all her posts are.
QUOTE]
That’s more of the typical VSCO vibe. Usually more “emo”, self-reflecting, artsy posts than what you’d see on Instagram. Super normal for her age. The “collections” would be images she liked.
This is how I would describe VSCO. It's more personal than Instagram. I also wouldn't judge her on her photos she posts. I would say a majority of women her age post photos just like hers. It's very common. As a psychology major, she could just be a very introspective human. Doesn't necessarily mean she's engaging in self harm or having suicidal thoughts.

I'm a bit confused on the snapchat. Did the boyfriend view it at 10 p.m. or was it sent at 10 p.m. I don't do much social media so no idea about snapchat other than being aware of it. I ask because I wonder if there are any clues in the pic. Did it look light outside? Were the lights on in the house? etc. etc.

I'm a bit confused on the snapchat. Did the boyfriend view it at 10 p.m. or was it sent at 10 p.m. I don't do much social media so no idea about snapchat other than being aware of it. I ask because I wonder if there are any clues in the pic. Did it look light outside? Were the lights on in the house? etc. etc.
I believe he viewed it at 10 PM. I am just wondering if he sent one back and if it was unopened. If he sent a Snapchat back to her, she may have opened it if she were still awake and this would give insight to what time she was still using her phone / Snapchat.

How would someone know she was there alone? I thought in the beginning that the two brothers went to work construction out of town and the fiancé wouldn't have been with them on a job site. I finally realized she went with them.
We don’t know if they all rode together or had separate vehicles.
I think there is a garage at the house also - a vehicle could be in there and you wouldn’t know unless you were staked out at the road watching the house constantly.
It’s like so many other current unsolved cases....he/she was there and suddenly poof! they’re not with few clues to find them.

I agree jashrema. Time would be of the essence. Especially if she is lying somewhere in a corn field. Injured but alive. What good would it do for folks to be home. As I posted early in it would just be a cursory look without a warrant if folks said no to a thorough search. I would think anyone out searching who had something to report to LE would simply do so.

I believe he opened it at 10 pm, we don’t know when it was sent, but could possibly be simultaneous or relatively close in time

It looks likes Mollie disappeared Thursday morning after getting dressed for work? Was someone else going to give her a ride to work? Her mom said that they can't find the red shirt that she was going to wear to the fair on Thursday. The daycare Mollie works for were all going to wear red shirts for the outing to the fair.
---------------------
Laura said her daughter went for a run the day she went missing but then communicated with her boyfriend at 10 p.m. via Snapchat to say goodnight. She thinks it’s possible that Mollie really vanished the next day. “Possibly she went missing the next morning. She works for the day care and they were going to the fair Thursday and were all supposed to wear red shirts,” said Laura to the television station. “And we can’t find that red shirt Mollie was supposed to wear that morning anywhere.” Mollie Tibbetts Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

agree with jashrema and bravo (i always agree with bravo lol)

unless LE knows she's not in a cornfield...

questions, how was she supposed to get to work without a car, and when did the boyfriend/brother/fiance arrive back in brooklyn?

Just to clarify - I’m not throwing shade at the fiancé. I’m just wondering about the vehicle situation and if that had a part in Mollie’s disappearance. Someone knew all three went out of town every week leaving her there alone?

agree with jashrema and bravo (i always agree with bravo lol)

unless LE knows she's not in a cornfield...

questions, how was she supposed to get to work without a car, and when did the boyfriend/brother/fiance arrive back in brooklyn?
LOL Your too kind. Good to see you here. Mollie's Brother sent her a text that morning asking if she needed a ride to work. She never answered. Apparently the car was shared between them. I haven't read anything as to exactly when the 3 arrived back in town.

This reminds me of Sierah Joughin :"( PRAYING things turn out okay
It does to me alot as well. What I found odd was the dates gone missing quite possibly could be the exact date and if you look at the latitude line of both where they went missing they are both about the same 41.7 range. Several miles from I-80 but 2 states apart.

Just to clarify - I’m not throwing shade at the fiancé. I’m just wondering about the vehicle situation and if that had a part in Mollie’s disappearance. Someone knew all three went out of town every week leaving her there alone?
It has been stated being a small town, folks know each other. I wonder when they went to the house if the dogs were found inside or outside. Frankly I wonder about a lot of things. As we all do. Sigh...….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth