Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't numerous people missing in that area.
Missing Persons

Waterloo-Missing
Willie Ann Rucker
Ronald Zellmer
Richard Forsyth

Waterloo-Murdered
Patrolman Fred Widmann
Melvin Gallagher
Joyce Jefferson (
Missing: Sept 29, 1983- Found Deceased Oct 8, 1983)
Jeffery Coffer
L.C. Matlock
Diane Courbat
Darius Szczeponek
Jared Held
Jacob Biretz
Ruben Lara Jr
Shawn North
Martavious Robinson
Calvin Rash
Terence Currington
Dorothy Rose
Tavaeros Galloway
John Parham Jr.
Rodricus Jones
Martavious Johnson
Becky Lawless
Shantorio Evans
Randy Dawson
Justin Dollen
Denelius Nesby
Mikaela Hill
Fredrick Webber

Waverly-Murdered
Tammy Nitcher
Sarah Nitcher
Maria "Lisa" Peak
Valerie Klossowsky
Julie Benning (Missing: November 28, 1975. Found Deceased: March 18, 1976)

La Porte-Missing

Jake Wilson
Dale Redman

Evansdale-Murdered
Elizabeth Collins
Lyric Cook
(
Missing July 13, 2012- Found Deceased December 5, 2012)

Iowa City- Missing
Jane Wakefield
Charles Elmquist

Iowa City-Murdered
Patrolman Edward Leeney

Edward Kriz
Ronald Lipsius
Sarah Ann Ottens
Baby John Doe
Laura Wyhe

Cedar Rapids-Missing
Lynn Schuller

Guy Heckle
Naomi Wilson
Denise Fraley
Barbara Elms
Erin Pospisil
Daisy Birden
Therese Treanor

Cedar Rapids-Murdered
James Booher
Marlene Panfield
Geraldine Maggert
Charles Gearhart
Paula Oberbroeckling
Maureen Farley
Lynn Shuller
Dennis Stastny
Michelle Martinko
Gary Harker
Dennis Chaffee
Danny Baker
Matthew Pusateri
Brian Schappert
Louis Chambers Jr.
Rylee M. Gray
Traci Evenson
Frances Bloomfield
Michael Reed
Judith Weeks
Jamar Magett
Willie Brocks
Tyrone Gilbert
Jay Grahlman
Jaymie Grahlman
Aubrey Young
Dennis First
Anthony Posley
Dominic Mosby
Cathy Stickly
Dexter Meeks

North Liberty-Missing
Ricki Hess

North Liberty-Murdered
Maria Ybanez
Julie Benning

Cedar Falls-Missing
Steven Kirchoff
Mattie Zabel

Cedar Falls-Murdered
Dennis Clougherty
Norman Gant Jr.

Missing Total: 18 Murdered Total: 73

I didn't list people who were missing in some of the smaller towns in the area. These are cold cases of the missing and murdered in the area. I didn't list Des Moines, Iowa, even though, Des Moines isn't that far from Iowa City, and some of these other cities listed. Some of these people listed as murdered were also missing at one point. I didn't open up each one, but Jodie did have some missing and found deceased dates on the outside of the profiles. I just didn't catch them all. Iowa Cold Cases

How would someone know she was there alone? I thought in the beginning that the two brothers went to work construction out of town and the fiancé wouldn't have been with them on a job site. I finally realized she went with them.
We don’t know if they all rode together or had separate vehicles.
I think there is a garage at the house also - a vehicle could be in there and you wouldn’t know unless you were staked out at the road watching the house constantly.
It’s like so many other current unsolved cases....he/she was there and suddenly poof! they’re not with few clues to find them.
The garage appears small, like a large shed. I'm not sure that a large pickup, which men that work construction usually drive, would comfortably fit inside it. A construction truck with ladders on top wouldn't fit inside it. The brothers may have needed to park on the driveway.
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.44.02 AM.png

Who would say such a thing? OK, lets stop searching for her so everyone can wait in their homes until we show up to question you? They can't be serious. It makes absolutely NO SENSE. It's ridiculous. The sheriff also seems to think that walking row by row thru the corn is an impossibility and shouldn't even be undertaken. If that's what it takes to find a clue, or find HER..then DO IT!
I worked a crime scene in a cornfield where one key bit of evidence was missing. The rows are close, and if it's cloudy it's almost dark down along the ground, making it hard to spot things (clothes, jewelry, etc, signs she was through the area). It took our team four days to walk it in 100+ weather and it was just one cornfield, not an entire town's worth. The corn cuts the heck out of your skin when walking through growth like now. You have to wear pretty sturdy clothing and gloves which means having to take a lot of breaks if it's hot. I agree, keep at it, but it's more difficult than it seems.

Assuming reports that the BF was out of town are accurate and based on her VSCO, I now think suicide is most likely.[/Q
Have we heard if there is a stepdad or does Mom have a boyfriend? Curious to what her relationship is with her mother? She lives very close but yet Mollie lives with the boyfriend when she’s home (of course that could be due to a number of reasons). I also notice on her Instagram there are several posts with Mollie and her dad and several times he’s referred to as “her favorite person”, but never an image or mention of her mom. Her father lives in California.

I noted the pictures and captions on the photos also. It's not super concerning, but it did make me wonder about the divorce and whether it was amicable or not. She's the only girl, could just be she wants her Dad to know how special he is to her.

From what I've seen, she seems to have a good relationship with her Mom.

The sheriff allegedly canceled the searches because all the town's residents were out searching and no one was at home for deputies to interview. He's now had plenty of time to talk to neighbors in this tiny town about anything they might have witnessed. Why can't the general public organize searches now?

I wonder if it has to deal with farmers and them not wanting people on their land?

Waterloo-Missing
Willie Ann Rucker
Ronald Zellmer
Richard Forsyth

Waterloo-Murdered
Patrolman Fred Widmann
Melvin Gallagher
Joyce Jefferson (
Missing: Sept 29, 1983- Found Deceased Oct 8, 1983)
Jeffery Coffer
L.C. Matlock
Diane Courbat
Darius Szczeponek
Jared Held
Jacob Biretz
Ruben Lara Jr
Shawn North
Martavious Robinson
Calvin Rash
Terence Currington
Dorothy Rose

Tavaeros Galloway
John Parham Jr.
Rodricus Jones
Martavious Johnson
Becky Lawless
Shantorio Evans
Randy Dawson
Justin Dollen
Denelius Nesby
Mikaela Hill
Fredrick Webber

Waverly-Murdered
Tammy Nitcher
Sarah Nitcher
Maria "Lisa" Peak
Valerie Klossowsky

Julie Benning (Missing: November 28, 1975. Found Deceased: March 18, 1976)

La Porte-Missing

Jake Wilson
Dale Redman

Evansdale-Murdered
Elizabeth Collins
Lyric Cook (
Missing July 13, 2012- Found Deceased December 5, 2012)

Iowa City- Missing
Jane Wakefield
Charles Elmquist

Iowa City-Murdered
Patrolman Edward Leeney
Edward Kriz
Ronald Lipsius
Sarah Ann Ottens
Baby John Doe
Laura Wyhe

Cedar Rapids-Missing
Lynn Schuller
Guy Heckle
Naomi Wilson
Denise Fraley
Barbara Elms
Erin Pospisil
Daisy Birden
Therese Treanor

Cedar Rapids-Murdered
James Booher
Marlene Panfield
Geraldine Maggert
Charles Gearhart
Paula Oberbroeckling
Maureen Farley
Lynn Shuller
Dennis Stastny
Michelle Martinko
Gary Harker
Dennis Chaffee
Danny Baker
Matthew Pusateri
Brian Schappert
Louis Chambers Jr.
Rylee M. Gray
Traci Evenson
Frances Bloomfield
Michael Reed
Judith Weeks
Jamar Magett
Willie Brocks
Tyrone Gilbert
Jay Grahlman
Jaymie Grahlman
Aubrey Young
Dennis First
Anthony Posley
Dominic Mosby
Cathy Stickly
Dexter Meeks

North Liberty-Missing
Ricki Hess

North Liberty-Murdered
Maria Ybanez
Julie Benning

Cedar Falls-Missing
Steven Kirchoff
Mattie Zabel

Cedar Falls-Murdered
Dennis Clougherty
Norman Gant Jr.

Missing Total: 18 Murdered Total: 73

I didn't list people who were missing in some of the smaller towns in the area. These are cold cases of the missing and murdered in the area. I didn't list Des Moines, Iowa, even though, Des Moines isn't that far from Iowa City, and some of these other cities listed. Some of these people listed as murdered were also missing at one point. I didn't open up each one, but Jodie did have some missing and found deceased dates on the outside of the profiles. I just didn't catch them all. Iowa Cold Cases
That's data collected for 50 years.

I wonder if it has to deal with farmers and them not wanting people on their land?
I wondered about keeping the searchers out of the corn because of self pollination, cross pollination and creating hybrid corn, but if the corn is 8 feet tall, it's been pollinated.

They may have felt the drones and planes had adequately searched the fields.

Just to clarify - I’m not throwing shade at the fiancé. I’m just wondering about the vehicle situation and if that had a part in Mollie’s disappearance. Someone knew all three went out of town every week leaving her there alone?

According to BF's mother, Mollie and her brother shared a car. He texted her in morning to see if she needed a ride to work, he received no response. When she didn't show up to work, the alarms went off.

If she was not missed until the next AM., I would carefully examine the activities of anyone who made any inquiries or raised concerns prior to that.

The circle starts with those closest to you. Just sayin.' Gonna be a lot of pings and and some Cellebrite / Oxygen forensic extractions to study. Try to ID burners on the tower that night. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth