Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's incorrect information. Four days ago this was posted. The brother called to see if she needed a ride TO work. This was from DJ's mother:

She continued, writing, “She was staying at his place that he shares with my other son & my other son’s fiance to take care of their dogs while everyone was out of town for work. She is home for summer break from college. The last contact anyone has had with her was a Snapchat photo she sent to my son at around 10pm on Weds night. Her brother had her car (as they share it) and she did not respond to the text message he sent to her on Thurs morning asking if she needed it for work. She did not show up for work on Thurs. She is the most beautiful, kind, sweet woman and we all miss her and want her back home.”
Mollie Tibbetts Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

<mod note: changed name to initials>

Thank you, that makes more sense. The amount of vague and incorrect information in these news articles is aggravating!

Last edited by a moderator:
That wouldn't have necessarily set off alarm bells for me either. Not right away at least. Maybe if we were going OUT to dinner and were riding in the same car. But for a casual hey Mom what's for dinner no show, I might just assume she changed her mind and not give it a second thought.

Everytime this happens to another young girl, I shudder and think but for the Grace of God ... I wish no family ever had to endure this heartache.

What if you had purchased all the ingredients for a dessert to make with her that night? For her to bring into work?

Maybe the dessert didn't have to be made that night and it was a "sometime soon" let's make this dessert for my co-workers- casual type of thing.

That's incorrect information. Four days ago this was posted. The brother called to see if she needed a ride TO work. This was from D J's mother:

She continued, writing, “She was staying at his place that he shares with my other son & my other son’s fiance to take care of their dogs while everyone was out of town for work. She is home for summer break from college. The last contact anyone has had with her was a Snapchat photo she sent to my son at around 10pm on Weds night. Her brother had her car (as they share it) and she did not respond to the text message he sent to her on Thurs morning asking if she needed it for work. She did not show up for work on Thurs. She is the most beautiful, kind, sweet woman and we all miss her and want her back home.”
He texted her thursday morning asking if she needed the car. I do find that a little odd because it seems you would make those plans the night before. Just to avoid the confusion of him not waking up in time. There is also the possibility she already had a ride. Not to mention if you lived a mile away and was already up, why would you not just show up.

That's incorrect information. Four days ago this was posted. The brother called to see if she needed a ride TO work. This was from DJ's mother <mod note: changed name to initials>:

So it sounds like her brother texted her the morning she went missing asking her if she needed the car for work that day?

Still find it strange then because wouldnt they have made those arrangements the night before so that she had the car to get to work in the morning. Seems a little late to be figuring out how she is going to get to work that morning.

Who knows though. Maybe they checked in with each other every morning about the car.

All I know is me and my brother would end up getting into a fight over the car sooner or later. As I suspect most siblings would.

We love each other and hate each other at the same time. LOL

Hmmm...couple things noted from this article.

Brother texted Mollie at 7:30am asking if she needed the car. I thought she had to be to work by 6-something? Or maybe she worked 8-5?

Brother notified mom that Mollie hadn’t shown up for work. Wouldn’t the parents most likely be listed as an emergency contact? Why would work call the brother?

Could she have attempted to walk over to her mom’s house after the 7:30pm text and something happened along the way?

But the damn Snapchat message! Maybe she sent it earlier and bf read it at 10pm? The boyfriend’s mother did not say on FB that the snap was to say good night, only that it was a selfie.

“She and my son had been snapping back and forth since he had left for work the morning before. A lot of it was nonsensical stuff, as she was trying to bring him back to the top of her favorites list. He is not much for social media and some of her friends had recently bypassed him. So she wanted him back on the top of the list. That being said, it was just a selfie of her face and it looked as if she was indoors. It was around 10pm when he opened it and she does not run after dark. There was light as he could tell she was indoors. It just did not have anything noticable in the background. He looked at it briefly before he went to bed. And since it was a picture message it disappeared. It is not fishy that it was just her face. They sent snaps and texts like that all the time.”

She would have been working over lunch on Thursday. The plan was to take the kids to the fair that morning. I doubt there was a plan for a lunch break with an outing such as that.
When I had posted this there were conflicting reports on what day the mother said that she was coming for dinner, Wednesday vs Thursday.

I've lived in the rural midwest for most of my life and believe me, in small towns everybody knows everybody else's business. I'll bet there were a lot of people in Brooklyn who knew she was staying there alone.
Not as small community (1,600 population) here but I wouldnt know my neighbors were on vacation for two weeks unless they told me. It’s rural and I wave or speak when I see you at the mailbox - but I wouldn’t know a different person had been staying there for several weeks. Especially if there wasn’t a strange car in the driveway on a consistent basis.

Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."
I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?
It's confusing and makes me wonder if she ever rode to work with someone else.
I read that she started work at 7:00 am, and it's a twenty minute drive to Grinnell. I wonder if that true? If brother called at 7:30, maybe she didn't start until 8:00 am?

Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."
I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?
It's confusing and makes me wonder if she ever rode to work with someone else.

Good catch! I missed that. So maybe he was wondering if he needed to pick her up from work. How did she normally get to work? Why isn’t anyone telling that detail? This is maddening.

He texted her thursday morning asking if she needed the car. I do find that a little odd because it seems you would make those plans the night before. Just to avoid the confusion of him not waking up in time. There is also the possibility she already had a ride. Not to mention if you lived a mile away and was already up, why would you not just show up.
Grinnell Regional Medical Center has 400 employees and 200 volunteers. That's about 1/3 the number of citizens living in tiny, rural Brooklyn, so Mollie could easily catch a ride with many, many people.
Visit Grinnell Regional Medical Center

The school system and the regional medical center where Mollie worked would be the two largest employers in that rural area in Iowa. Grinnell Regional Medical Center has 400 employees and 200 volunteers. That's about 1/3 the number of citizens living in Brooklyn, so Mollie could easily catch a ride with many, many people.
yes i understand that and if she did not show up, what employee called off or showed up late

What if you had purchased all the ingredients for a dessert to make with her that night? For her to bring into work?

Maybe the dessert didn't have to be made that night and it was a "sometime soon" let's make this dessert for my co-workers- casual type of thing.

Yeah, I read the article after I posted. I'd be pizzed I went to the effort and would likely text or call her to come get it!! If she didn't respond, that might prompt a drive over to her house to see what was going on.

Want to make it clear that I am NOT Monday Morning Quarterbacking LC. I would never do that to a Mom in her position.

Grinnell Regional Medical Center has 400 employees and 200 volunteers. That's about 1/3 the number of citizens living in tiny, rural Brooklyn, so Mollie could easily catch a ride with many, many people.
Visit Grinnell Regional Medical Center

But since the brother was texting her about the car usage then obviously there are days where she does need her/his car.

Yeah, I read the article after I posted. I'd be pizzed I went to the effort and would likely text or call her to come get it!! If she didn't respond, that might prompt a drive over to her house to see what was going on.

Want to make it clear that I am NOT Monday Morning Quarterbacking LC. I would never do that to a Mom in her position.

Yes, sorry, I hope no one thinks that of me either, which is why I lean towards it being a "sometime soon" let's make this dessert.

I feel that Brooklyn is too far off of 80 for someone to go looking for an opportunity to kidnap someone. I have a feeling, if she has been abducted- it is by someone she knows. This is awful. Please let me be wrong.
I tend to agree it would be weird for a semi to be driving around off of 80 in this area. It has to be someone in her social circle.

Hmmm...couple things noted from this article.

Brother texted Mollie at 7:30am asking if she needed the car. I thought she had to be to work by 6-something? Or maybe she worked 8-5?

I worked at a day camp like this when I was in college and it wasn't uncommon for my schedule to change for one day a week. Normally I worked the 7:00-3:00 shift, but if someone needed off early for something, I would trade and work 9-6 or something. Maybe she was working later than normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024