Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie's mom says her son texted Mollie at 7:30 AM "to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded."
I wonder if that means a ride home after work, or a ride home to Mom's house that morning and then she would leave for work from there?
It's confusing and makes me wonder if she ever rode to work with someone else.

Wasn't her work supposed to start much earlier? Like at 6.30am or something?

The whole car sharing with her brother really bothers me. I cant see that working out without conflict. And how is that even sharing when he is just offering her a ride?

Was it more like his car in his mind and he just gave her a ride every now and then.
Just a bad deal sooner or later.

Maybe it was only an arrangement for the summer break. It's the brother's car but they share it while she's in town. jmo

While i agree that sometimes it’s someone the victim knows, i just can’t see the Bf or his brother doing something a week before the brother’s wedding.
There are oddities in what the mom and brother are saying, but that could just be crappy reporting. Think Sandy Hook saying they interviewed the dead principal.

But since the brother was texting her about the car usage then obviously there are days where she does need her/his car.
Yes, but because so many people in that rural area also work at the regional medical center, it wasn't startling or frightening when she didn't text him back that she needed a ride to work.

So, mom is waiting for BCI and FBI to show up tomorrow? I'm sorry, this is just my opinion, but the fact that the sheriff has waited 5 days to call them in? That's horrifying to me. He hasn't even really given any press conferences, has he? Snippets of statements on the news is about it? This is a MESS. Is anyone local on this thread? Has a complete search been done at BF's house? At this point, the public should know the EXACT timeline of her disappearance, and who actually laid eyes on her last,it should be publicly declared by LE that the BF is NOT a suspect, and if there were signs of struggle or break in at BF's house. 5 DAYS! No searches being organized anymore because then no one's home to interview?? Idk, you all know that I'm a bit sensitive to a girl going missing when the corn is high, but really, this seems like a mess of an investigation. I believe the snapchat has to be discounted until LE comes forward and says that it has been verified

But have we typically seen people cleared within 5 days of an investigation? These days that would be incredible.

I'm not ready to say LE is dropping the ball. They have much more info than we do.

While i agree that sometimes it’s someone the victim knows, i just can’t see the Bf or his brother doing something a week before the brother’s wedding.
There are oddities in what the mom and brother are saying, but that could just be crappy reporting. Think Sandy Hook saying they interviewed the dead principal.
I noticed that the Gazette article didn't actually state that they personally interviewed Molly's mother.

I worked at a day camp like this when I was in college and it wasn't uncommon for my schedule to change for one day a week. Normally I worked the 7:00-3:00 shift, but if someone needed off early for something, I would trade and work 9-6 or something. Maybe she was working later than normal?

Here is the listed hours for the Day Camp.

This should tell us when she had to be there if these are accurate. Sounds like 6:30am is when it opens so it doesnt make sense him contacting her at 7:30am unless she was allowed to start later. Hmmmm

Hours
Monday: 6:30AM - 7:30PM
Tuesday: 6:30AM - 7:30PM
Wednesday: 6:30AM - 7:30PM
Thursday: 6:30AM - 7:30PM
Friday: 6:30AM - 7:30PM
Saturday:Closed
Sunday:Closed

Grinnell Regional Medical Center Day Camp - Care.com Grinnell, IA Child Care Center

Anyone know what the local news station is?
kcrg or kwwl

KCCL Channel 8 is in Des Moines, Iowa which is the main nearest city to Brooklyn, Iowa. There could be other news channel but this is one of them.

ETA....KCRG Channel 9 is a news place from Cedar Rapids, Iowa also not too far and more main of a city than Brooklyn. Brooklyn is rather small city.

Family, friends say they remain optimistic in finding missing UI student

Authorities search for missing University of Iowa student

Last edited:
I also find it odd that all the information seems to becoming from other sources besides the mother and brother.
Yeah, why aren't they standing in front of cameras begging for people to find Mollie? Does law enforcement not want tips from non-local residents? Does her family have lots of money? Are they waiting for a ransom call? Her aunt and Dalton's mom have done all the talking. Why shut down the FB page comments when it might bring in a useful tip? It's weird.

Last edited:
Grinnell Regional Medical Center has 400 employees and 200 volunteers. That's about 1/3 the number of citizens living in tiny, rural Brooklyn, so Mollie could easily catch a ride with many, many people.
Visit Grinnell Regional Medical Center
The majority of the population here works at a plant - but its shift work. So 12 hour rotations. And if everyone knows everybody’s comings and goings in Brooklyn - surely they would know who picks her up for work? No one has come forward and said “So and so” usually picks her up. None of her friends either. Scary stuff....

Yeah, why aren't they standing in front of cameras begging for people to find Mollie? Does law enforcement not want tips from non-local residents? Does her family have lots of money? Are they waiting for a ransom call? Her aunt and Dalton's mom have done all the talking. It's weird.
The sheriff wont solve this case, they seemed overwelmed. They should not have said on camera they have no clue basically of anything. Hopefully with the fbi getting involved it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024