Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me if she had a stalker it is someone who lives nearby, works nearby or something close, to be able to stalk her. I do not think she was just randomly chosen. I could be wrong but this feels more personal to me. I think the "kidnapper" is right under their noses. It just takes one really insightful person to get a weird vibe about someone in their midst.
Based on previous cases this seems like the most likely scenario and since her college is somewhat local this opens a larger pool of suspects unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'm putting zero weight on snapchat, my friend and neighbor whom lives directly across the street, sent me a snap chat last night around 7. I just now finally got it and this happens often. I sent her one Sunday she never did get it.

one thing that's sorta irking is that we have, or apparently have, 3 data points:

5:30 pm -- seen jogging
10:00 pm snapchat to BF
next AM, BF texts or messages GM and he says he checked a bit later and noticed that his message went unread.

Assuming both BF and Mollie were off work the night she goes missing, that is, Mollie's chilling at the house with the dogs and bf is hold up in his motel room or wherever in Dubuque--

did they not engage in any chat or text or phone calls btw her 5:30 pm jog and the 10 pm snapchat?

Maybe the boyfriend was still at work? Maybe he was driving from Brooklyn to Dubuque? Dunno.

fwiw, I agree that I don't think the BF has any involvement. It's just curious if the only conversation btw them the night she goes missing is her shapchatting him a pic.

Interesting point! And really - not even just him. Do we know if she has FB Messenger, or a similar app? She wasn't in touch with anyone else? I know it is a pain to subpoena FB data - I wonder if that ball is in motion yet to find out when/if she was logged in at all to put together a better timeline of her movements.

I know nothing about fit bit, is this internet based and linked to a site that you can log into and track everything?
If so can police contact the site and get access to her movements ?
Sorry I'm ignorant to this stuff.

Interesting point! And really - not even just him. Do we know if she has FB Messenger, or a similar app? She wasn't in touch with anyone else? I know it is a pain to subpoena FB data - I wonder if that ball is in motion yet to find out when/if she was logged in at all to put together a better timeline of her movements.
Yes, someone mentioned previously that now that fbi is involved this data is gathered relatively quickly.

Could be sloppy reporting but DJ should know she wasn’t in her running clothes?
I find it interesting the FBI had to get a SW to search the home? Why wouldn’t the family just give permission?
It could be that LE was ready, personnel-wise, to search the house at the time they were there, so they may have ordered the SW so they wouldn't have to come back. Further, it is simply good practice to have a search warrant since in theses types of cases, you never know what of value may be found that should be kept for evidence ,and the SW gives permission to seize whatever they want to take immediately. Also, owners could also come back later to say that they never gave permission. It's just good procedure to have one. And it's been a while since she was seen or heard, so the passage of time makes a case look a bit more dire.
I don't consider the obtaining of a SW important at this time.

I was thinking about that also. It’s kinda odd they only exchanged 1 message and we don’t know if he replied and got a response.
One would think they spoke or something in between. Do we know his work hours? Sometimes road construction works at night when traffic is lighter. Do we know what type of construction he is in?

I just have to say that in every last case of a young, middle class white woman, sex trafficking is brought up. But I've yet to see that theory ever pan out.

The overwhelmingly predominate victims of sex trafficking in the US are poor and black. They are minorities and runaways/at risk youth and mostly prostitutes.

There is not and never has been a trend of young white middle class girls or women snatched off the street and trafficked.

These people know what they're doing and they know to take people who won't be missed or who society doesn't care much about.

It's not easy to control a college-educated woman with a family who adores her.

Sex trafficking theories seem seem to be rooted in the American white slavery myth but that was a fiction with racist overtones: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.history.com/news/white-slave-mann-act-jack-johnson-pardon

I wish I could 'Like' your post 1000 times Gitana, thanks for the breath of reality!

The warrant thing was the FBI's doing. I thought I saw somewhere that local LE already had her laptop? If so, then they no doubt at least did a walk-through of the house? Unless the laptop was at her mom's.

If local LE searched the house, including Mollie's portion, and took the laptop sans warrant, could be FBI trying to ex post facto make local LE's search and seizure legit. It doesn't work that way--you can't get a warrant after you've already searched and seized that will legitimize an initially illegal search and seizure (if it were in fact illegal, doubt it would be in this case). But who knows with the spotty reporting in this case.

These two quotes are about 30 seconds apart and are either contradictory or at very least, confusing....

DJ: I came home as soon as her mom said that she called the hospital and she wasn't there.

DJ: One of her coworkers called me and said Mollie had not called in to work that day and she hadn't shown up, and then i looked at the messages and she hadnt opened or read any of them so I started getting in contact with her friends and her family saying hey have you seen her, have you heard from her. And everybody came up with the same thing: no, I haven't seen her since yesterday.

I think he is saying that he was notified, then contacted her friends and family. Then her mom got worried since no one had heard from her, so her mom began calling hospitals, etc.
Then once he heard from her mom, that she wasn’t at the hospital, and heard earlier from the co-workers, that she never came in, that’s when he came home.

According to this report, Mollie's residing at her BF's for the summer:

On Monday, FBI officials received a search warrant to get inside the home where Tibbetts was staying for the summer with her boyfriend, his brother and his brother's fiancé.

Boyfriend of missing Iowa woman vows to 'never stop' searching

Possibly/probably she bounces back and forth btw her moms and her BF's.

If she was seen jogging at 5:30 p.m. and sent a snapchat at 10:00 p.m. then it would stand to reason someone entered the home while she was asleep.
Was there a doggie door? Those things scare me ever since I heard about Jodi Arias entering a home thru one! Now, if there is any evidence someone entered thru a doggie door then we can isolate what size of a person would not be able to do that.

First part - possible but why did the family make a point of the red shirt she would wear the next day was missing?
Second - still a possibility.
If it’s someone she knows from work, they would know she was supposed to wear it Thursday and might think to take it to throw off the timeline. Just my random
Thoughts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member