Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This worries me a little. Post of her wearing a ring (not sure of the date it was taken) along with a post of love loss for someone in April. Sounds like a girl conflicted in her relationship.

The lol at the end of text in the first photo made me think she is being lighthearted, maybe talking about the music artist? The “lol” doesn’t seem like whatever she was referring to was too serious, but you never know.

The second picture was a screenshot or repost of someone else I think? May not have been her hand with the ring? Hopefully.

IMOO

Could someone else have sent the 'Ok' message to her mom as well as the snapchat to the bf? And taken phone and the red shirt with them, the latter to confuse the timeline, make it look like she went to work?

That would have to be someone who knew she would be wearing that particular shirt the following day.

I know people keep bringing up the glasses/contacts, but I feel like she had to have been abducted from bed in the middle of the night. If it's true that she cannot see without them, I know that feeling, and it is a completely scary and vulnerable feeling to not be wearing either. There is no way I would walk, even down the hallway, without my glasses to let the dogs out. I have them on my nightstand as close to my bed as possible and reach over to put them on whenever I hear/think I see anything. I'm in my 30's now but I was her age once, and I was the same way even then. It's just scary. I can't imagine her consciously leaving without them.
I have been thinking that as well. Her friends and family have said she is a fighter, but I can't keep from thinking it's an impossibility to fight back when you can't see.

RE: The contacts/glasses

How do they know that every single pair of contacts that she has are accounted for? I fall asleep in mine all the time...

My hunch is that she has contacts in.

How do they know that every single pair of contacts that she has are accounted for? I fall asleep in mine all the time...

I'm not a contact wearer, but is it usual for people to sleep in their contacts. I thought you were supposed to take them out at night, but as I said I've never worn contacts so I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

I'm not a contact wearer, but is it usual for people to sleep in their contacts. I thought you were supposed to take them out at night, but as I said I've never worn contacts so I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject.
It's usual for me. Some contacts are made to be worn for two weeks straight without removal. Some aren't--mine aren't--but I still sleep in them...more than I should, but I've had no ill effects.

Do you think they could have been using “fighter” in a different sense? More mentally and not physically?
I do, but to an extent in a situation like that I do believe a fighter is going to fight back with all that she has whether it be physical or mental. I just see it as such a disadvantage for her if she can't see. I do so hope she had some in and what was found at the house were extra contacts.

If your at your house and in an area you think is safe your not going to bother putting glasses on or contacts in to let dogs out. I dont do either when I babysit my brothers dogs. They dont go very far and I am particularly blind. You will however grab your phone to take out with you, because I do that

I would assume they're saying that with confidence as if her contact case was on the counter/sink with saline solution and contacts in them, with the case closed. I don't ever have a case filled with contacts and then open new contacts and wear those. You dispose of your old ones first. That's just ME though. I do think we would know if they were temporary lenses or ones you could sleep in, though. The statement makes it seems as if they're confident that she doesn't have them in.

If your at your house and in an area you think is safe your not going to bother putting glasses on or contacts in to let dogs out. I dont do either when I babysit my brothers dogs. They dont go very far and I am particularly blind. You will however grab your phone to take out with you, because I do that
I guess this shows how each person differs. I would be much more inclined to grab my glasses so I could see while letting the dogs out, and not worry as much about having my phone.

I would assume they're saying that with confidence as if her contact case was on the counter/sink with saline solution and contacts in them, with the case closed. I don't ever have a case filled with contacts and then open new contacts and wear those. You dispose of your old ones first. That's just ME though. I do think we would know if they were temporary lenses or ones you could sleep in, though. The statement makes it seems as if they're confident that she doesn't have them in.
Could be.

I'm just going off of my experience. I have a case in my drawer filled with solution and holding contacts as we speak. They were bothering my eyes so I took them out, put them in solution, and put in a new pair. I'll switch back to the old ones after they have "marinated and cleaned" for a few days.

Could be.

I'm just going off of my experience. I have a case in my drawer filled with solution and holding contacts as we speak. They were bothering my eyes so I took them out, put them in solution, and put in a new pair. I'll switch back to the old ones after they have "marinated and cleaned" for a few days.
It sounds like she took them out and were in the contact case. Thats how im understandin it.

Worried about the suicide posts.
I'm not. She had plans to go to an awesome beach with her cute boyfriend in one week. She was seen outside running that day. Most depressed people don't have the energy to go outside in the heat and run for miles. Her family has stated there were no changes in her behavior. She's a psychology major at college.

I just can’t shake the feeling that LE and the family knows what happened to her or at least has pretty significant info about it. Not to imply in any way that anyone in the family did something to her but that LE has shown them enough evidence and leads that they realize whatever track LE is on is probably correct. The FB post saying there is no update to me just has a resigned quality to it just briefly mentioning trying to get her story out compared to the big push from earlier. I think it could also explain the major inconsistencies with the media stories and the lack of attempt to fix that. If they had no idea and needed more leads they would work to get the released information out as accurately as possible or at least have some kind of press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper