Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention even knowing where to start a search. Did she have a usual route that she ran or did she do different routes? If she didn't have a usual route or if no one knew where she usually ran, where do you even tell people to search?
Yeah they checked her normal routes. It’s like the first thing they did lol

Just some random thoughts, not connected to each other.

So if she had to leave for work around 6a, that would probably mean getting up to get ready around 5a, which would mean going to bed around 9-10p if she wanted a good night's sleep, and the boyfriend might not have replied to her text because he knew she was in bed and didn't want to wake her up.

That might also mean she left for work before he woke up, so he wouldn't expect her to reply right away. When you're working with kids, you figure you're lucky to get time to go to the bathroom, let alone read your texts.

No, not seeing anything hinky with the boyfriend at the moment.

She could have been anywhere when she texted her mom.

I do see an 11-hour window when she could have left on her own or under duress. From 7:30p to 6:30a. Longer if you count from 5:30p when she left for her run.

I remember that when I was her age, I had two IDs--my real one and the one that said I was old enough to drink in the state I was living in.

If she was running on a hot afternoon, she must have had some kind of hydration with her. Was she carrying a water bottle, wearing a hydration pack? The neighbor's description doesn't mention anything.

Just random things I thought of.

Was there a doggie door? Those things scare me ever since I heard about Jodi Arias entering a home thru one! Now, if there is any evidence someone entered thru a doggie door then we can isolate what size of a person would not be able to do that.

SBM

This is true, but I want to note that it doesn't isolate the size THAT much, except to rule out the possibility of the person coming through being quite a bit heavier or broader than average.

I used to go through the doggie door at my parents' house all the time in high school when I was locked out, my senior year I was 5'8 160 pounds and I could get through it relatively easily. I had friends bigger than I was who were able to get through.

(Maybe there are different sizes of doggie doors, but I read that Dalton's brother had labs right? We had a golden retriever, so about the same size dog and presumably roughly same size doggie door if they had one).

I wouldn't rule out a dude getting through that was like 6'0/180 or smaller.

ETA: should also add though that entering a house thru a doggie door is not a particularly quiet method of entering a house. I'm not sure how big the house is, but if Mollie was in the house at the time of entry, the person entering would be likely to be noticed regardless of their size

Last edited:
This is a great point! I have the fitbit versa and it's pretty accurate. I hope they can get into it/have gotten into it and analyzed this data. If she has the one with heartrate they should be able to get this as well
Can a fitbit be turned on and off, or is it always on and not reading (i.e. asleep) when not worn?

This is a great point! I have the fitbit versa and it's pretty accurate. I hope they can get into it/have gotten into it and analyzed this data. If she has the one with heartrate they should be able to get this as well

I agree that her SM and Fitbit activity will help LE tremendously. I have a feeling its going to be her SM that helps LE solve this.

As soon as LE gets her last posts and last activity they will know when she was last active on any devices. This will end up either contradicting or agreeing with what others have told LE. That should help them focus on whether it was someone close to her involved or someone else or whether she may have voluntarily left.

The whole planning to attend a wedding thing still bothers me. It makes me think her and BF would be almost forced to discuss their future plans together and that worries me. If one was thinking one way and one was thinking another.

Not the best analogy but what does an animal do when cornered or forced? Either run away or try to fight if no way out.

Not to mention even knowing where to start a search. Did she have a usual route that she ran or did she do different routes? If she didn't have a usual route or if no one knew where she usually ran, where do you even tell people to search?

Her mother said she mixed it up, she did not run the same route each time.

I understand a row by row search of cornfields in the area this time of year is quite difficult but I’m wondering why they haven’t at least started this. I know they said something about needing people at home (which was weird but anyway) but that time has to have passed now. Even if it’s slow going, slow has to be better than not at all.

bbm.... Good point, why do people need to be home? That is a little odd... If there are rows and rows and rows and rows of fields to be legitimately searched, and there are hundreds of townfolk willing, why can't they question the volunteers at the search site and plot their info/responses on map of the neighborhoods?

Is there a strategic/LE reason for having everyone home to be canvassed and "questioned" and no one searching that I'm missing?

Yeah....I feel you on this.

Very common in my town to see out of town workers out late every single night. Lots of them blow off steam...have had many as room mates too and not a single one was in bed early.

Exactly my thoughts. He had plenty of time to go see her and return to the town where he was working.

Or some construction workers sit in equipment or hold a sign all day. It really depends on their relationship.

Yes they do, the Dellen Millard case showed this.

SC was opened at 10...not sent then.

I've read info on the that case and saw nothing indicating a phone turned off will ping. They tracked phones based on last known locations and calls.

You can track the last known location of a turned off phone and if it's still there, then it can be located by searching the area.

To my knowledge, the only way to track a turned off phone is to install a Trojan. Which apparently the NSA has done in the past.

Otherwise, it appears it's a myth.

I would be very interested in any article about the case indicating they were able to track MOVING phone that had been turned off in the Millard case.

If you read through her Twitter there are some interesting tweets from June. Small arguments regarding dating or being suspicious and following your gut. Could be nothing or could be something.

This is why I asked if we were certain the relationship between she and BF was a good/healthy one? I'm wondering if she tried ending things and it didn't go well. 3 years is a long time to spend with someone at this age, she may have felt smothered and wanted some space, maybe he didn't like that.

I'm an android user, so not quite sure but it seems like this came up in another case. Can iPhone users see if other iPhone users viewed texts?
You can if they have the read receipt turned on. If they do not, then it only shows up that the message was "delivered" and does not indicate when it was read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet