Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a bit confused here. So the BF's brother and his GF were in one location and the BF was in another? The BF said the last time he physically saw her was Monday. Does anyone know when the brother and his GF left the house in Brooklyn? Did the brothers leave at the same time or did they leave at different times? And am I correct in seeing that the BF said he returned to the home that day in an effort to locate her after he found out she did not go to her internship?

It would have been pretty clear something was up very early that morning when she did not pick up her car, if that is what she was supposed to do.

In the US, sex trafficking victims are:
1. Overwhelmingly black.
2. Overwhelmingly poor.
3. Work voluntarily as prostitutes.
4. Were lured into prostitution due to vulnerability as runaways, from families with heavy dysfunction, or due to drug/alcohol addiction and/or serious mental illness.

>>> respectfully snipped by borndem <<<

She's not 14. She's not from a poor family. She isn't a runaway. There's not a hint of family dysfunction, sexual abuse, drug issues. Etc.

She doesn't fit the demographic.

We are all entitled to our opinions but based on the above, everything is up in the air for me except that.

Excellent post, gitana1 -- I hadn't considered trafficking -- I agree, she doesn't fit the profile. Anything could have happened, but IMO, it was something much more likely.

SMH -- This is just so, so sad for everyone in her family -- wanting information but also afraid to hear it.

Last edited:
So here’s a thought that has been bothering me all day... I don’t know much about Snapchat, but I did read yesterday that Mollie was sending a lot of frivolous messages to her boyfriend so he would bubble to the top of her favorites - apparently he’s not much into social media, but does that not also indicate that the reason he’s not at the top is because she regularly messages other people and has been doing so more than messaging him?

If she were to leave voluntarily, that iPhone would hold a lot of clues. Of course any message history, but also the location history that’s buried deep in the setting. Not to mention the browsing history Safari saves and every search Google Maps remembers.

If she left voluntarily she’s savvy enough to know she can’t leave her phone behind. She would have needed assistance, at least somebody with a car to give her a ride. If I were close to the family I’d be scouring her top followers, likes and commenters. Find out who she’s close to and where they were Wednesday and Thursday.

It was very specific. You omitted a crucial word/phrase that was repeated twice: "Tech issues".

The post I'm talking about directly addressed comments or suggestions about tech issues only.
I can only see the post from 9 hours ago and there are no "tech issues" words in that post. Where can I find the tech issues post?

Investigators are also looking into GPS tracking of all Mollie's electronic devices.

Officials told TV-9 they have no leads they can share publicly. They continue to urge the public to call with any tips to the Powesheik County Sheriff’s office. Stay with TV-9 for the latest updates on the case.
Authorities reveal new details about Mollie Tibbetts investigation

It was very specific. You omitted a crucial word/phrase that was repeated twice: "Tech issues".

The post I'm talking about directly addressed comments or suggestions about tech issues only.

IMO they posted this because darn near every person on the thread asked if they pinged her phone or fitbit and they were over it.

That's been my feeling almost from the beginning. BF sounds okay & it seems that he has a pretty solid alibi for now. It sounds stalker-like to me.

And the new apt. for Mollie could have attracted attention from someone in that neighborhood --
-- IMO, the R/E agent or landlord or owner, etc., would not be a likely suspect, since signs could point to him/her.
-- Did she have access/authorization to go in there? Did she go back & forth to her new place? If so, did something bad happen there? Was she followed from the new apt. and a bad thing happen?
-- Did the current resident allow her to come in and check things out when she was by herself, and did a bad thing happen?

Lots to check there, IMO. Has LE done that and found no leads? Very possible.
Arrrrrrrrrghhhhh. This is becoming more & more ominous every day that goes by. Oh, her poor family. How much sleep have they had since this horror began

I also think someone stalked her.

But I don't think she went to her new appartment on Wed evening because it would have been too far. I think the new place is where she goes to college, 50 mi or so away. Jmo

So here’s a thought that has been bothering me all day... I don’t know much about Snapchat, but I did read yesterday that Mollie was sending a lot of frivolous messages to her boyfriend so he would bubble to the top of her favorites - apparently he’s not much into social media, but does that not also indicate that the reason he’s not at the top is because she regularly messages other people and has been doing so more than messaging him?

If she were to leave voluntarily, that iPhone would hold a lot of clues. Of course any message history, but also the location history that’s buried deep in the setting. Not to mention the browsing history Safari saves and every search Google Maps remembers.

If she left voluntarily she’s savvy enough to know she can’t leave her phone behind. She would have needed assistance, at least somebody with a car to give her a ride. If I were close to the family I’d be scouring her top followers, likes and commenters. Find out who she’s close to and where they were Wednesday and Thursday.
LE can probably get text and call history from the cellphone provider to see who she’s been contacting. My cellphone provider actually lists all the numbers incoming and outgoing call and text on my online bill. Not sure if that’s the case but I’m sure they’re working on it.

Investigators are also looking into GPS tracking of all Mollie's electronic devices.

Officials told TV-9 they have no leads they can share publicly. They continue to urge the public to call with any tips to the Powesheik County Sheriff’s office. Stay with TV-9 for the latest updates on the case.
Authorities reveal new details about Mollie Tibbetts investigation

Hmmmm so they have a lead. Just do not want to let the person know they do, and of course more evidence the better so they are going to say to keep sending tips.

Since the search has fizzled and they don’t seem to be cautioning the public that there could be a loose killer like they normally would makes me think they have the suspect close and are letting them think they are safe.

I saw comments that the FBI was gathering warrants for Google and Social media Saturday, likely they now have a lot of her digital footprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak