Found Deceased IA - Sandra Rubenstein, 57, left behind cell phone, purse & car, Walcott, missing since Mar 11, reported missing 3 May ‘23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The family of a missing 57-year-old Walcott woman asks the public’s help in her mysterious disappearance.

Sandra Rubenstein was reported missing to the Walcott Police on May 3, Rubenstein’s sister-in-law Theresa Chipman told Local 4 News on Thursday.

Rubenstein weighs 135 pounds, has blond hair and blue eyes, and is about 5’4′ tall.

Missing-Sandra-Rubenstein-2.jpg

“She is a woman who is well-dressed,” said Chipman, who is married to Rubenstein’s brother, Bill. “She is a very, very pretty woman.”

Chipman said a “reliable source” says Rubenstein actually went missing on March 11 but was not reported to be missing until May 3, after the family discovered she was gone.

Rubenstein was in touch with some family members in Iowa and Missouri. No one has been named a person of interest, and no arrest has been made in connection with the disappearance, Chipman said.

Rubenstein’s full name is Sandra Ernestine Simmons Rubenstein, Chipman said.
Rubenstein left behind her cell phone, purse and car, Chipman said.

Chipman’s husband, she said, “is pretty strong, but he’s having a hard time. He wants some answers. Someone has to know something.”

Anyone who sees Rubenstein or has any information about her disappearance should call their local law-enforcement agency or 911, said Chipman. She advises that instead of approaching her, anyone who sees Rubenstein should call law enforcement instead.

HEN2.png

HEN1.jpg

Walcott, Iowa – In partnership with the Walcott Police Department, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation’s Missing Person Clearinghouse is seeking the public’s assistance in locating missing person Sandra Rubinstein. Rubenstein is a 57-year-old female who went missing from Walcott, Iowa and was last seen and heard from in the Walcott area on March 14, 2023.

Those with information relative to the disappearance of Rubenstein can contact the Iowa Missing Person Clearinghouse at mpicinfo@dps.state.ia.us.

Please see Rubenstein’s description below: She is a Caucasian female, approximately 5’ 04” tall, and weighs between 140 and 160 lbs. Rubenstein’s clothing description is unknown at the time of her disappearance.

This is an active missing person investigation, and no further information will be released at this time.

I pray she is alive and well and is found! MOO: I see some classic signs of injectable enhancements here. Her face could look quite different in July (now) if these treatments discontinued in March. Note to searchers.

What the heck??? So why wouldn't her husband notice she was missing? He now is demanding answers? This doesn't make sense.
That's how I read it at first, and thought the same thing, then I re-read the article taking note of the last names. The "husband" referenced in the article is" Bill" the husband of the missing woman's Sister in Law (their last name is "Chipman"). So it wasn't the missing woman's "husband" wanting answers but her brother and I can see where an adult brother and sister may not talk regularly so the delay in reporting her missing is quite plausible in my opinion. There's been no reporting that Theresa was married or lived with anyone.

There appears to be an updated item on Wqad that I can't access in the U.K
Elframo - I pulled up the Wqad article for you, posted 12 hours ago (the most recent one for them I could find). I'll link it here for others and the mods, but it doesn't contain anything new, just the basic info reported and the name of the police department to contact if one has information. Walcott woman missing since March

Remains not yet confirmed but appeared to be wearing women’s clothing.

November 18, 2023

Walcott Police and agents with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation found human remains Friday morning, Walcott Police Chief Jeff Blake said.

In July, the Division of Criminal Investigation asked the public’s assistance in locating 57-year-old Sandra Rubenstein. She had last been seen in the Walcott area on March 14.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back