GUILTY IA - Seth Kehoe, 2, murdered, 7yo brother injured, Littleton, 26 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so sad :( She doesn't look like the type that might kill her children. I guess you never know...PPD or something - other mental issues. But that is just what I thought from looking at the picture.

I was thinkng similar ~ appear "upscale", older parents. Mental illness isn't prejudice ~ anyone from any walk of life.

They look like an average loving family. I hope they check out the father and account for his whereabouts. Other than him, LE truly needs to look at both this crime and the December situation as a pattern before going on to other scenarios. I hope the mom and 7 year old pull through.

This story isn't real clear as to what happened. I guess LE will have to wait until either the mother or the little boy can talk about it. If some man killed the two year old and injured the mom and seven year old how did the mom get away to get to a house? Did the guy think he had killed the whole family and just leave?

If the van wasn't wrecked and the mother could drive why didn't she drive the van to someone's home instead of leaving the boys alone and walking?

There is something about this story that just doesn't ring true. Maybe mom and the seven yr old boy were sent to different hospitals to keep them seperate. Maybe they felt the little boy could still be in danger.

Why would LE not feel that others in the community are in danger? If there is someone out there that has hurt this family and murdered that baby then yes the community is in danger. If the mom murdered that baby and injured the seven yr old little boy then the community isn't in danger. I think that LE has a good idea what happened and who did it.

Why would LE not feel that others in the community are in danger? If there is someone out there that has hurt this family and murdered that baby then yes the community is in danger. If the mom murdered that baby and injured the seven yr old little boy then the community isn't in danger. I think that LE has a good idea what happened and who did it.

I have also wondered if they found a suicide also committed ~ which would also lead to no danger to the public. Yesterday, LE were still combing the wooded area looking for evidence.

She also had a cell phone on her (or started out from her home w/ one). I read in one of the articles that they were going to try getting a signal from her cell phone.

I haven't read anywhere that the husband joined either of the family members at the hospital. He filed missing person on Sunday night, but then gave permission to go public on Monday morning. I'd be saying go public NOW!

I agree that so many things don't add up. You have lots of scenarios that could have played out, but they don't all fit the "no danger to the public".

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081029/NEWS01/810290320/1079

This says Michelle told LE that they were abducted by a man w/ a knife. It also says 2 search warrents have been issued. It was stated yesterday that the family van was taken to a warehouse to be searched for evidence.

About going to 2 different hospitals. She was airlifted to Iowa City ~ her injuries must have been life threatening. Sean was taken to Waterloo by ambulance so his must not have been as serious, but still concerning.

I live about 15 minutes away from Iowa City/Coralville. My husband works in Iowa City. The day that they were publicly reported missing and then reported to have been found, my husband was talking to me about it and he said that he had heard somewhere (I don't remember where or if he even told me, so this is just rumor) that their throats had been slashed. I don't post very much and did not want to report that at that time because I didn't know if there was any truth to it. But now after seeing in the papers how the two year old died it would make sense. So very sad. What is this world coming to?

This story isn't real clear as to what happened. I guess LE will have to wait until either the mother or the little boy can talk about it. If some man killed the two year old and injured the mom and seven year old how did the mom get away to get to a house? Did the guy think he had killed the whole family and just leave?

If the van wasn't wrecked and the mother could drive why didn't she drive the van to someone's home instead of leaving the boys alone and walking?

There is something about this story that just doesn't ring true. Maybe mom and the seven yr old boy were sent to different hospitals to keep them seperate. Maybe they felt the little boy could still be in danger.

I think you are right. I don't believe the abductor with a knife story.

This makes me think of Darlie Routier or Diane Downs.

I wonder if there were problems in the marriage and the mother didn't feel free to leave her kids behind (people would talk)? Or if the family was suffering from a financial crisis which would create a lot of stress?

Or if this is some combination of munchousen and munchousen by proxy?

I just can't shake the feeling that she did it. LE is being very tight lipped about details though. I say I think she did it mostly because even though she claims they were kidnapped at knife point, they have not released any details about a suspect. You'd think if there were a dangerous person whom had killed a child on the loose, they would mention it for the safety of those living in this area.

I also think they won't probably get much from the seven year old if it was the mother. If she had tried to kill them last time and no one suspected a thing, then he probably doesn't trust that he will be protected from her if he tells them what happend.

I just can't shake the feeling that she did it. LE is being very tight lipped about details though. I say I think she did it mostly because even though she claims they were kidnapped at knife point, they have not released any details about a suspect. You'd think if there were a dangerous person whom had killed a child on the loose, they would mention it for the safety of those living in this area.

I also think they won't probably get much from the seven year old if it was the mother. If she had tried to kill them last time and no one suspected a thing, then he probably doesn't trust that he will be protected from her if he tells them what happend.

LE is stating the public is not in danger. Tells alot right there.

LE is stating the public is not in danger. Tells alot right there.

Yes, but as I've also stated as possible, they could have a 4th "victim" being a suicide that they haven't released details on or for that matter, maybe momma whacked the perp herself receiving life threatening defense wounds ~ hence no threat to the public as well.

She worked at U of I Hospital and Clinics as a pharmacy tech. This is the same hospital she was taken to by life flight.

I'm just not getting a feeling she did it, not saying it isn't possible, just not the feeling.

I don't see "normal" when I look at the family picture. I think she has crazy eyes. JMO

Me too, nikki. The "man with a knife" story sounds too much like Darlie Routier. I hate to say it, but my money's on the mother as the killer. Very curious and sad story.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081029/NEWS02/810290364/-1/politics

City, Ia. — A 2-year-old Coralville boy found dead Monday died of "sharp force injuries" to his neck, according to results of an autopsy released Tuesday, but law enforcement officials are releasing few other details.

Seth Kehoe, who turned 2 on Oct. 10, was found dead Monday in a remote wildlife area near Littleton, and officials said Tuesday that his death was a homicide. His mother, Michelle Kehoe, 35, and brother, Sean Kehoe, 7, also were injured. They were taken to eastern Iowa hospitals, but officials would not reveal Tuesday the nature of their injuries.

"We're not releasing that at this point in time," said Jessica Lown, spokeswoman for the Iowa Department of Public Safety.

No charges have been filed in the case, Buchanan County Attorney Alan VanderHart said.

Investigators have said the public is not at risk, but "there is someone who had the intent of harming Seth Kehoe," Lown said.

What police have said about the case is that Michelle Kehoe, a University of Iowa pharmacy technician, left her house in Coralville around 11 a.m. Sunday with her sons, headed for Sumner, about 40 miles northeast of Waterloo. They were last seen in Jesup at 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

Kehoe's husband, Eugene Kehoe, called Coralville police at 8:45 p.m. Sunday to report his wife and sons were missing.

Shortly before 8 a.m. Monday, Michelle Kehoe went to a home at 305 River Road Blvd. near Littleton. She was injured and said that her sons "were in danger," according to a news release. When authorities arrived at the scene, they found Seth dead near the family's minivan. Sean was found in the minivan, suffering from serious injuries.

Michelle Kehoe was airlifted to University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City. Sean was taken to Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo. Both had surgery. Lown said she did not know their conditions.

Lown said many of the details of the case won't be known unless court action is taken.

Neither Michelle Kehoe nor Eugene Kehoe has a criminal record in Iowa.

Coralville police had one other call from the Kehoe house recently, Lt. Shane Kron said. That was on Jan. 20, when Coralville took a medical call about Seth getting "caught on a treadmill." The boy had cuts on his stomach, but was not taken to the hospital, Kron said.

Michelle Kehoe and her sons were involved in a river rescue Dec. 14 in Iowa City, but police said there is no apparent connection the incident this week. In that case, Michelle Kehoe said she was distracted by her sons in the back of the car. Her car jumped a curb and went into the Iowa River. Four passers-by pulled the boys and Michelle Kehoe from the water.

Michelle Kehoe spoke with a host of witnesses, police and firefighters after the crash and was taken to University Hospitals, Iowa City Sgt. Troy Kelsay said. Officials would have been required to file reports if they thought Michelle Kehoe had tried to harm herself or others, but Kelsay heard of no reports, he said.

"There isn't anything to indicate it was an intentional act," Kelsay said.

I thought those statements were strange. They will not release details unless court action is taken? And why point out that the parents have no criminal record in Iowa. Why point it out at all and why be specific to Iowa? Also confused by them saying nothing indicates it was intentional.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081029/NEWS02/810290364/-1/politics

I thought those statements were strange. They will not release details unless court action is taken? And why point out that the parents have no criminal record in Iowa. Why point it out at all and why be specific to Iowa? Also confused by them saying nothing indicates it was intentional.

I think the intentional comments are coming because a lot of people are speculating.

In Iowa, everything court wise, is online: traffic tickets, divorce, criminal action, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back